• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 headshuck

headshuck

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 15,823 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 03:55 AM

I don’t know how Flo intends to increase their infatuation with Taylor today over every other day, but I can’t wait.

#2 steamboat_charlie

steamboat_charlie

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:14 AM

It's always amusing how upset some people get when Flo turns on the hype machine for Taylor.  Never fails.  

• Cletus_Tucker and Housebuye like this

#3 headshuck

headshuck

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 15,823 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:45 AM

Not upset, just disappointed we’ll never see a #GwiazdowskiTuesday.

#4 steamboat_charlie

steamboat_charlie

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:16 AM

Didn't mean you... also I wouldn't be so sure.  They did Thomas Gilman Tuesday last week.  I'm sure if you spearhead the movement you could get #GwizWednesday off the ground.  

#5 BobDole

BobDole

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:48 AM

Fans: We want more coverage

Also Fans: Quit hyping up wrestlers

• Husker_Du, vsnej, silver-medal and 2 others like this

#6 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 12,860 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:37 AM

They hyped Gable to an insane level yesterday. That's what Flo does, they hype the guys that get talked about.

Penn State - NCAA Champions 7 of the last 8 Years

#7 WillieBoy

WillieBoy

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:59 AM

It's always amusing how upset some people get when Flo turns on the hype machine for Taylor.  Never fails.  

With Taylor's record of 311 - 0 against Dake in Fantasy Wrestling, and never even gave up a point - it is to be expected. A record like that eclipses the 186 - 0 of Osamu Watanabe. Course, Watanabe did his for real... as if that means anything at this level.

#8 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:29 AM

#GwizasowskiWednesday has a better right to it... get on twtter and make that hashtag happen!

#9 headshuck

headshuck

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 15,823 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:50 AM

Giving this more thought, I can’t expect a prime weekday slot be allocated to a heavyweight (even if he has a world medal). So maybe a #GwiazdowskiSaturday could work.
  • 2td3nf and BigTenFanboy like this

#10 jcjcjc

jcjcjc

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 01:38 PM

Didn't mean you... also I wouldn't be so sure.  They did Thomas Gilman Tuesday last week.  I'm sure if you spearhead the movement you could get #GwizWednesday off the ground.  

#Gwednesday 

#gadSunday 

#Thurroughsday 

#KennyMonday 

Sadurday

#twooooosday

• Cletus_Tucker, GockeS and dmm53 like this

#11 Peso

Peso

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:03 PM

That's one of the beautiful things about being a fan.  It's your choice who you like.  To me, this World Team will have more athletes that I have pulled for hard in their college careers.  More than I can ever remember.  None are more interesting to me than Taylor and Gwiz, and JB, and J'Den, and Mr Kyle Snyder, and Gilman, and James, and on and on.  I admire Gwiz for one thing more than any other.  He knocked off Nelson, I believe to begin his run, and while going for his 3rd, he lost as a Senior.  That had to be tough as hell.  What does he do?  He makes the world team and two years later has a world medal.  

• silver-medal and herma48852 like this

#12 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:10 PM

They hyped Gable to an insane level yesterday. That's what Flo does, they hype the guys that get talked about.

this is true. 

Taylor is fascinating for a few reasons. 1) He is a dynamic entertaining wrestler. 2) He flirts with greatness but never obtains it. Its a very dramatic storyline. 

• Peso likes this

#13 headshuck

headshuck

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 15,823 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 03:08 PM

Sounds a little like my Minnesota Vikings.

#14 russelscout

russelscout

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 03:20 PM

The difference between Taylor and the Vikings is with Taylor we all still believe he will get there. With the Vikings, in your heart, you know they are going to let you down.
"To use the word domination for me, we do preach that to our guys. We talk about building leads and scoring points, but when I'm talking to an audience it's almost hypacritcal in my mind. We got work to do before we get to the domination." -Tom Brands

#15 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 03:47 PM

thats the fun! we think he'll get there perpetually!

#16 dmm53

dmm53

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:53 PM

this is true. 

Taylor is fascinating for a few reasons. 1) He is a dynamic entertaining wrestler. 2) He flirts with greatness but never obtains it. Its a very dramatic storyline. 

I know what you mean, but i think his World Cup performance in Iran was unqualifiedly great.   And also an inkling of what he is capable of. 

• Peso likes this

#17 Two_on_one

Two_on_one

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 767 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:55 PM

this is true.

#18 Two_on_one

Two_on_one

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 767 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:01 PM

Lets see. 4 time NCAA finalist and Two time champ. Two time Hodge winner. World cup champ by pinning defending Olympic gold medalist. Yarygin champ. Pan Am champ.

What is your idea of Great?
  • Cletus_Tucker, herma48852 and Peso like this

#19 Cletus_Tucker

Cletus_Tucker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,360 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:11 PM

Big Taylor fan here and  I have to admit one of the bigger sources of entertainment on this board for me is that it bothers so many that he's so good.  That he's great.     He may very well be the best wrestler in the world in his weight class.   He's demolished several of the top guys. .  When he went beast mode, folkstyle at Yarygin I just about flipped over the breakfast table where the computer sits, as I leaped into the air (about 2 inches off the ground).    I can't see any result at world's other than Taylor coming home with hardware.   

• silver-medal and Peso like this

#20 JBluegill133

JBluegill133

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:49 PM

https://twitter.com/...587110525202432

• silver-medal, Cletus_Tucker, GockeS and 1 other like this
"Look good, feel good, wrestle good." - J Jaggers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users