Sign in to follow this  
headshuck

#TaylorTuesday

Not upset, just disappointed we’ll never see a #GwiazdowskiTuesday.

Didn't mean you... also I wouldn't be so sure.  They did Thomas Gilman Tuesday last week.  I'm sure if you spearhead the movement you could get #GwizWednesday off the ground.  

It's always amusing how upset some people get when Flo turns on the hype machine for Taylor.  Never fails.  

With Taylor's record of 311 - 0 against Dake in Fantasy Wrestling, and never even gave up a point - it is to be expected. A record like that eclipses the 186 - 0 of Osamu Watanabe. Course, Watanabe did his for real... as if that means anything at this level.

Didn't mean you... also I wouldn't be so sure.  They did Thomas Gilman Tuesday last week.  I'm sure if you spearhead the movement you could get #GwizWednesday off the ground.  

#Gwednesday 

#gadSunday 

#Thurroughsday 

#KennyMonday 

Sadurday

#twooooosday

That's one of the beautiful things about being a fan.  It's your choice who you like.  To me, this World Team will have more athletes that I have pulled for hard in their college careers.  More than I can ever remember.  None are more interesting to me than Taylor and Gwiz, and JB, and J'Den, and Mr Kyle Snyder, and Gilman, and James, and on and on.  I admire Gwiz for one thing more than any other.  He knocked off Nelson, I believe to begin his run, and while going for his 3rd, he lost as a Senior.  That had to be tough as hell.  What does he do?  He makes the world team and two years later has a world medal.  

They hyped Gable to an insane level yesterday. That's what Flo does, they hype the guys that get talked about.

this is true. 

Taylor is fascinating for a few reasons. 1) He is a dynamic entertaining wrestler. 2) He flirts with greatness but never obtains it. Its a very dramatic storyline. 

this is true. 

Taylor is fascinating for a few reasons. 1) He is a dynamic entertaining wrestler. 2) He flirts with greatness but never obtains it. Its a very dramatic storyline. 

I know what you mean, but i think his World Cup performance in Iran was unqualifiedly great.   And also an inkling of what he is capable of. 

Big Taylor fan here and  I have to admit one of the bigger sources of entertainment on this board for me is that it bothers so many that he's so good.  That he's great.     He may very well be the best wrestler in the world in his weight class.   He's demolished several of the top guys. .  When he went beast mode, folkstyle at Yarygin I just about flipped over the breakfast table where the computer sits, as I leaped into the air (about 2 inches off the ground).    I can't see any result at world's other than Taylor coming home with hardware.   

this is true.

Taylor pinned Yazdanicahati in IRAN and had the Iranian crowd cheering him. Yep, he has never accomplished anything.

Taylor pinned Yazdanicahati in IRAN and had the Iranian crowd cheering him. Yep, he has never accomplished anything.

Flirting with greatness certainly does not imply accomplishing nothing. 

It’s almost as if the Taylor pessimists/haters are necessary to counterbalance his die-hard fans.  Yes, Taylor pinned Yazdani Charati but it was clearly a gas tank issue – Yazdani was wrestling up 26.5 lbs., six months removed from winning Olympic gold. 

Taylor generally gets the benefit of the doubt and is afforded seemingly endless opportunities – he is essentially a constant in the World Cup and in the Beat the Streets events.  Not to say these opportunities are unwarranted but what other non-world team rep. gets similar exposure?

Taylor is great but if one takes a glance at the UWW database and checks ages of World/Olympic medalists, they’ll likely find that a 27 year old that has yet to wrestle in a world championships is a bit behind the curve.

It’s almost as if the Taylor pessimists/haters are necessary to counterbalance his die-hard fans.  Yes, Taylor pinned Yazdani Charati but it was clearly a gas tank issue – Yazdani was wrestling up 26.5 lbs., six months removed from winning Olympic gold. 

Taylor generally gets the benefit of the doubt and is afforded seemingly endless opportunities – he is essentially a constant in the World Cup and in the Beat the Streets events.  Not to say these opportunities are unwarranted but what other non-world team rep. gets similar exposure?

Taylor is great but if one takes a glance at the UWW database and checks ages of World/Olympic medalists, they’ll likely find that a 27 year old that has yet to wrestle in a world championships is a bit behind the curve.

I look at it the other way around. The haters basically force the fan base to defend him. This thread is just another in a long line of threads being example #1. 

And Taylor can only wrestle the guys they put in front of him, and he has beaten plenty of good guys. He won Yarygin and beat Naifonov along the way and that guy is a terrific wrestler who won Euro's beating Valiev and Gostiev there. Taylor manhandled him. 

At some point you'd think the haters would acknowledge him as a good wrestler. Easy to be a critic.

Edited by TBar1977

To think, the PSU lacky takes shots at Gilman's World Silver Medal, yet conveniently forgets all that you just pointed out.

How convenient.

Taylor is really good, but Dake owned him forever and JB slapped him around as well.  I hope he wins a world gold this year, but if he does the PSU contingent will be unbearable.

I look at it the other way around. The haters basically force the fan base to defend him. This thread is just another in a long line of threads being example #1. 

And Taylor can only wrestle the guys they put in front of him, and he has beaten plenty of good guys. He won Yarygin and beat Naifonov along the way and that guy is a terrific wrestler who won Euro's beating Valiev and Gostiev there. Taylor manhandled him. 

At some point you'd think the haters would acknowledge him as a good wrestler. Easy to be a critic.

Of course there is some reciprocity involved.  I recently read a post suggesting there was no way Dake could beat Taylor at 86kg now; that's obviously a bit delusional and how could it not ignite some of the haters?  

Is it really true that Taylor takes his opponents as given?  I don't think it is, making a world team will dramatically influence the caliber of wrestler "they put in front of him."  He's obviously really good and has some great international wins to his belt, I think he'll make the team and bring home a medal.  That should ease some of the critics.