Sign in to follow this  
Housebuye

Final X - State College - Live Thread

Event Overview

https://www.flowrestling.org/events/6092711-2018-final-x-state-college

Schedule

Saturday, June 16, 2018

All times in Eastern

3:30 pm-4:00 pm: Medical Check & “Face-Off” Weigh-In @ Media Room/Weigh-In Room 

6:00 pm: Best 2 out of 3 Championship – Round 1 - Rec Hall

7:15 pm: Best 2 out of 3 Championship – Round 2 - Rec Hall

8:30 pm: Best 2 out of 3 Championship – Round 3 if necessary - Rec Hall

Match-ups

Men's Freestyle

65kg: Joey McKenna vs. Logan Stieber

79kg: Kyle Dake vs. Zahid Valencia

86kg: David Taylor vs. Nick Reenan

Women's Freestyle

62kg: Kayla Miracle vs. Mallory Velte

72kg: Erin Clodgo vs. Rachel Watters

76kg: Adeline Gray vs. Korinahe Bullock

I know there’s a prediction thread but I figured we’d consolidate here. Here’s how I see it:

Stiebler in two (I think logie comes in sharp and ready)

Dake in three (zahid too good to not get one but the vet prevails)

Taylor in two (love reenan but total mismatch)

Still a little green on women’s wrestling, I need to do better about paying more attention but anyways:

Miracle

Watters

Gray

I’m going

Stieber in 3 (changed my pick. Stieber I think is too offensive for joey to handle)

Dake 2-0 (I picked Zahid>ringer but it’s dake this time)

Taylor 2-0 (2 10-0 techs. I’m an nc state fan but it is Taylor for sure)

Miracle

Waters

Grey

All 2-0

Zahid looked a bit nervous at weigh ins. He does tend to rise to the occasion though.

I think he might shoot off the whistle or make some mistake like that due to nerves (kind of like Snyder vs Sadulaev). Unless Dake gets exhausted Zahid won’t be able to come back from that deficit. Huge Zahid fan but I really want to see Dake st worlds. I know Zahid will make a team at some point soon. If Dake loses he almost certainly will never make a team.

I'm sorry but these matches are pretty weak for what has been billed as a big event. 6 match ups and only one is remotely interesting to me. Thanks in advance to whoever posts match updates, that's the only way I will be keeping up with this one at all.

Does anybody know the exact order of matches?

it looks like for men flo is indicating 79 -> 65 -> 86 but not sure

https://twitter.com/FloWrestling/status/1008027653050380288

EDIT wait here it is : 

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/6212383-final-x-state-college-match-order-released

Edited by pawrestler

Watching on Roku and keep getting a constant slow refresh of the feed with only a few seconds of graphics before it refreshes again. Usually when I start a stream early it just keeps cycling through the opening graphics with no issue. Anyone else experiencing this? Hoping it gets fixed prior the the event starting.

Edited by MadMardigain

Watching on Roku and keep getting a constant slow refresh of the feed with only a few seconds of graphics before it refreshes again. Usually when I start a stream early it just keeps cycling through the opening graphics with no issue. Anyone else experiencing this? Hoping it gets fixed prior the the event starting.

Well basically missed all of match 1 with Roku only showing the start graphics then resetting. Guess I’ll have to watch on my phone instead.

Zahid looked a bit nervous at weigh ins. He does tend to rise to the occasion though.

I think he might shoot off the whistle or make some mistake like that due to nerves (kind of like Snyder vs Sadulaev). Unless Dake gets exhausted Zahid won’t be able to come back from that deficit. Huge Zahid fan but I really want to see Dake st worlds. I know Zahid will make a team at some point soon. If Dake loses he almost certainly will never make a team.

I don't you will be disappointed with the result if you're rooting for Dake. Zahid has passed most every test the past year with flying colors, but I think this one will be different. Zahid hasn't faced anyone as explosive as Dake. The other top talents he has beaten haven been explosive at all. See Dieringer and Hall. If Dake doesn't get lackadaisical, he should be able to pick his spots and blow through Zahid's defense. I think young Zahid will have to go back to the drawing board after this series. This should be 2-0. That said, If Zahid manages to beat Dake, I would have to tip my hat to the kid. He would have to find a way to use his leverage advantage if he wants to win. Also, he would have to have to "trim the fat" on his neutral wrestling. At times he gets a little sloppy, but I think that is because he's so much better than the average kid (even the AA's) that he faces in college that he sometimes lets his technique slip due to boredom. He's very good, already better than Pendleton. Technically speaking, at his best, there's not many(if any) who have been as good as he is as a sophomore in college. You'd be hard pressed to name a guy clearly ahead of him at the same stage.

first match to stieber, they had the criteria wrong. it wasn't just flo. they were talking about it and the ref stopped the match to make sure everyone knew logan had a 4 pointer.

scoring question: when logan did his cartwheel on the edge for 2 exposure, the ref was pointing to a step out...i think?

I believe he was waiting for logan to give him a chance to convert the two. He didn't but got the exposure. 

whats the thinking behind not still giving the one?

Edited by GockeS