nyum

Flo is Da Best

Literally never had any issues streaming any of their events. I’ve never understood the difficulties people continually voice.

So glad to have Flo.

Guess you didn’t use the Roku App which wasn’t working at least through the opening matches. All I got was a intro graphic and then it keep resetting the feed every few seconds. Never even advance for the actual match audio/video feed. After messing with it for 15min. I gave up on it and resorted to watching on my phone. That stream works fine but would have rather watched it on a larger screen. The Roku app usually works out pretty well but it was a major let down today. Then they took time on the broadcast to advertise their App. I know it was coincidental but it was like throwing dirt in the wound.

I agree kudos to Flo for having a solid stream going but someone remember to make sure the Apps are going smooth too, especially if your going to promote them on the broadcast.

Edited by MadMardigain

Guess you didn’t use the Roku App which wasn’t working at least through the opening matches. All I got was a intro graphic and then it keep resetting the feed every few seconds. Never even advance for the actual match audio/video feed. After messing with it for 15min. I gave up on it and resorted to watching on my phone. That stream works fine but would have rather watched it on a larger screen. The Roku app usually works out pretty well but it was a major let down today. Then they took time on the broadcast to advertise their App. I know it was coincidental but it was like throwing dirt in the wound.

I agree kudos to Flo for having a solid stream going but someone remember to make sure the Apps are going smooth too, especially if your going to promote them on the broadcast.

I streamed on my apple TV. Zero issues.

Nothing like patting a company on the back for providing a standard level of service. It is pretty pathetic. I follow other sport message boards and there aren't any threads congratulating their production companies for offering a working product. It is kind of expected.

Hope you didn’t interpret my post as “patting on the back”

It went just fine until the whole house had power outage due to sudden heavy rain with lightning. Dang. I missed the second match of Zahid/Dake and Adeline/Bullock. Had to wait till end of the meet to figure out who won.

Ah well. It’s not flo fault but the Mother Nature getting pissed at someone.

Edited by Buckeyebison

I remember reading about events like these in a magazine - when my coach had a chance to put it in front of me - a few months after they happened. I'm not even 40 yet. 

I'll criticize the hell out of Flo, but I'm also grateful. It's a good time to be a fan of wrestling. I hope that there are better times ahead. 

i got one tweet tonight about Roku. not sure what the issue was but i know it for sure worked for some people. right before the first match USAW came and asked me to turn it on in the warmup area so wrestlers could watch and know when to go to staging. my extent of knowledge on Roku isn't anything more than knowing how to turn it on so idk. but it was working back there.

i thought it was a good, tight show tonight by our production staff and the USAW and Flo event staff. an improvement over the run-of-show last week in Lincoln. idk what the attendance was, but there was a decent crowd there as well. i'd say ~3500 give or take. 

I complained about The podcast volume earlier this week. But I appreciate the coverage and I have never had an issue watching Flo on my Roku tv and have been a subscriber for 3 years and watched multiple events all the time. I really believe that many of these streaming issues are more internet related.

I complained about The podcast volume earlier this week. But I appreciate the coverage and I have never had an issue watching Flo on my Roku tv and have been a subscriber for 3 years and watched multiple events all the time. I really believe that many of these streaming issues are more internet related.

I would agree that some people lagging issues are a result of the overloaded computer they are running it on and/or a general internet bog down their block is experiencing at the time of the program.

But I’m sure the Roku issue I was experiencing was neither of those. I’m pretty tech savvy so attempted to troubleshoot myself instead of blaming it on Flo initially. My Roku is wired into my high speed internet (not WiFi connection), I have never had a major Roku issue like this prior other than a slight Flo lag at a very small number of events, resetting the box didnt work, my other Roku apps were streaming fine (was watching Netflix just prior and right after), I was able to pull other Flo media without issue and I was luckily able to stream the event through my phone using out WiFi with no issue (wasn’t going to miss more action trying to hook computer up to the tv at that point). After about 20min of messing and missing the opening match I gave up on it so if Flo fixes the issue after that I wasn’t aware.

Why the Flo Roku app keep resetting the stream and wouldn’t advance beyond showing the intro screen is beyond me, but it wasn't on my end or my ISP end. Was I able to watch most of it using another method, yes. Was that a good stream, yes. But if they can get to the bottom of why the hiccup happened to some viewers on one of their media platforms would it be better for me and other moving forward, yes.

On a side note if Flo would get a Fire App going I would have used that streaming box to watch it on my big screen.

Edited by MadMardigain

i got one tweet tonight about Roku. not sure what the issue was but i know it for sure worked for some people. right before the first match USAW came and asked me to turn it on in the warmup area so wrestlers could watch and know when to go to staging. my extent of knowledge on Roku isn't anything more than knowing how to turn it on so idk. but it was working back there.

i thought it was a good, tight show tonight by our production staff and the USAW and Flo event staff. an improvement over the run-of-show last week in Lincoln. idk what the attendance was, but there was a decent crowd there as well. i'd say ~3500 give or take. 

That tweet was from me. I had the same issue as MadMar for the 1st round Stieber/Mckenna match. The Roku feed just showed the Final X logo and intro audio over and over.

The show's feed came on the Roku by the night's 2nd match so I was able to go from my computer and back to the big screen for the remainder. Had 0 issues otherwise.

Great night of wrestling and great production by Flo.  

I would agree that some people lagging issues are a result of the overloaded computer they are running it on and/or a general internet bog down their block is experiencing at the time of the program.

But I’m sure the Roku issue I was experiencing was neither of those. I’m pretty tech savvy so attempted to troubleshoot myself instead of blaming it on Flo initially. My Roku is wired into my high speed internet (not WiFi connection), I have never had a major Roku issue like this prior other than a slight Flo lag at a very small number of events, resetting the box didnt work, my other Roku apps were streaming fine (was watching Netflix just prior and right after), I was able to pull other Flo media without issue and I was luckily able to stream the event through my phone using out WiFi with no issue (wasn’t going to miss more action trying to hook computer up to the tv at that point). After about 20min of messing and missing the opening match I gave up on it so if Flo fixes the issue after that I wasn’t aware.

Why the Flo Roku app keep resetting the stream and wouldn’t advance beyond showing the intro screen is beyond me, but it wasn't on my end or my ISP end. Was I able to watch most of it using another method, yes. Was that a good stream, yes. But if they can get to the bottom of why the hiccup happened to some viewers on one of their media platforms would it be better for me and other moving forward, yes.

On a side note if Flo would get a Fire App going I would have used that streaming box to watch it on my big screen.

I used the Firefox app from my Firestick and ran it through Flo’s website. The full screen option didn’t work quite right but it took up almost all the screen not being in that mode anyways.

Roku user here.  Streamed perfectly for both events. 

[specific to Roku] The Flo ap does use a ton of system resources.  It will slow down and go crazy if there is other heavy traffic on my router.  For example, sister in law sending a hundred useless pictures from a birthday party I skipped out on at the same time I'm trying to watch Flo.  Solution: make the rest of the family turn off their wifi when something  important like final X is on.