DT telling everyone at Rec Hall he will get Gold this worlds.  I believe he can do it, but I always am let down when they loose.  I like his attitude and confidence and think he needs this going in since he beat Yazdani. 

Weather everyone is saying up a weight or not doesn't matter, he won't have mental block like he did against KD.  I hated him at Penn State but love him vs rest of the world.  

DT telling everyone at Rec Hall he will get Gold this worlds. I believe he can do it, but I always am let down when they loose. I like his attitude and confidence and think he needs this going in since he beat Yazdani.

Weather everyone is saying up a weight or not doesn't matter, he won't have mental block like he did against KD. I hated him at Penn State but love him vs rest of the world.

Instead of bragging about potential gold medals, maybe Taylor could show some humility and just wrestle.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Instead of bragging about potential gold medals, maybe Taylor could show some humility and just wrestle.

https://www.flowrestling.org/events/6092711-2018-final-x-state-college/videos?playing=6213818&limit=60

It must suck for you now that Taylor has finally made a world team you have one less thing to criticize him about.

Give me a break. Let’s build the sport and not expect the athletes to not talk to their fans.

I’m tired of “I respect my opponent. May the best wrestler win”. Be honest. Tell us what you really think.

People seriously need to chill out and get out of this "tribalism". A decade ago, we would have begged to have one wrestler to even have the potential to even sniff a potential medal. Now... We have multi-time world champions and a guy (like Taylor) that is bringing super confidence in winning (and he could, he has the skills). I feel like I'm watching The View, where a bunch of old ladies sit around and complain for the sake of complaining. Get over it and appreciate the fact that DT has a very real chance at meddling, and winning gold.

https://www.flowrest...213818&limit=60

After watching this I will give much praise to DT, Great interview and knows that he got humbled plenty.  He is doing great love that excitement.

I thought it was motivatizonal, and obviously so did Cox.

And if you watched his interview yesterday, instead of just banking on one sentence, pretty easy to see that humility is not at all an issue. He’s been beaten plenty (as he spoke to). One time he lost his composure after getting beat. Hardly makes one a “poor loser”.

Edited by Lurker

He a great winner and a poor loser.

His commentary on Cox's loss at the World Championships was pathetic imo.

Agree. Trying to root for DT as he is our USA rep, but those comments still stick with me.

Hoping for a great World effort from our Team.

I thought it was motivatizonal, and obviously so did Cox.

And if you watched his interview yesterday, instead of just banking on one sentence, pretty easy to see that humility is not at all an issue. He’s been beaten plenty (as he spoke to). One time he lost his composure after getting beat. Hardly makes one a “poor loser”.

I'm trying to find other examples of him behaving poorly after a loss.

Maybe cjc can help point us to them.

The fact of the matter is their really aren't any. Cjc is a PSU hater and when he saw Taylor behave that way last year he thoroughly enjoyed it because it made his personal selfesteem go up. It was personal confirmation for him that Taylor is a "bad guy." If that incident never happened CJC would still equally dislike Taylor, but would just have less tangible evidence to support his hatred.

David Taylor remains a spectacular talent.  His interview comments have not always been ideal in terms of pure sportsmanship but world class athletes tend to be pissed when they lose.  In the age of Trump, he's not even a blip on the radar of classless public commentary.  

I agree but I have come to accept the comments as coming from an emotional person inexperienced at dealing with public opinion.

"One swallow (bird) does not a summer make".  What other times has he been a sore loser (especially since he rarely loses)?  You made a generalization.  Please support the claim or consider taking it back if there is no (or very little) evidence for it.  

Wow - some of you are pretty severe in your judgment. DT seems like a great guy loving his journey and amped up for the next challenge. Is he perfect? No. He gets frustrated just like everyone else. I can see why some may feel he screwed up with the handling of the Cox situation but damn folks — the guy put his heart into it all and he was emotional about how it unfolded. To use that to disparage him again and again and again is simply a case of holding a grudge for too long. Cut him some slack and relax a bit.

I hope you are not judged in our own life regarding fairly inconsequential actions you’ve taken by people that know you as little as you know DT.

So the multiple wins they both have within the last year to fifteen months over olympic/world champs and medalists, their very recent Yarigan medals, are because of Americanized officials?

You’re going to have to do better than that my friend.

Edited by Lurker

I don't care for Taylor's antics after he wins either, but his talent and exciting style makes up for it in my eyes.

I'll even give him a pass for the way he acted in the heat of the moment when he lost to Cox.  That was a really screwy situation and emotions were running high.

But the Twitter situation w/ Cox was inexcusable..Even if he had those thoughts, and even if they were right, it was really bad form for him to go public with them.....This error in judgement was not enough for me to stop rooting for the guy, but there's no way I would ever defend those actions.  That was just really bad....

I do give him a lot of credit for persevering through all the Dake, Burroughs and Cox losses to make a team.

Along with the coaches and perhaps Ed Ruth, Taylor is probably the person most responsible for setting the Penn State program on a wildfire run and in the process encouraging a free, high attack, high scoring, and very entertaining style of wrestling.   Other guys like Nolf stand on his shoulders, just as Taylor stands on Sanderson's.   If folks can't get over a pretty singular impassioned error of judgment, well then there is no forgiving a whole slew of others who have arguably been more recidivistic, obnoxious and malicious on or off the mat: Gilman, Metcalf, DeSanto, Brands, etc.