Sign in to follow this  
Jon_Kozak

Coon Vs Gwiz

I would be thrilled, as a Michigan fan, if Coon wins this match-up. However, I think Gwiz is the perfect combination of size and athleticism to take out Coon. Also, not thrilled about the prospect of Coon wrestling a full Greco tournament the two days before Final X. Feel like his coaches need to step in and give him some good advice. 

I think Gwiz sweeps the series - by a takedown each match.  

What do y'all think?

I would be thrilled, as a Michigan fan, if Coon wins this match-up. However, I think Gwiz is the perfect combination of size and athleticism to take out Coon. Also, not thrilled about the prospect of Coon wrestling a full Greco tournament the two days before Final X. Feel like his coaches need to step in and give him some good advice. 

What do y'all think?

I think Coon can dethrone Robbie Smith. Lock and load.

All due respect to Robbie.

Edited by 2td3nf

Well I am a big fan of all three, Gwiz, Robbie, and Adam. But as far as Adam vs Gwiz goes, I think Gwiz has the advantage because he can change levels better which will afford him more opportunities to score.

Adam vs Robbie, well after watching their last bout, I just don't think Adam can physically dominate Robbie enough to create the openings that he will need, and unless something has drastically changed from their last match, I see Robbie maneuvering Adam around, creating his scoring opportunities. So, I think Robbie and Gwiz will return to the World Team.

He has, at the present time, a much better chance to beat Gwiz than Robbie.

Your probably right but I hope he decides to focus on Greco long term. I don't think he is beating either this year and I know his match with Robbie wasnt very close but I think that could change by next year. I'm sure fatigue played a part in that match and with a full year of focusing on Greco (if he chooses to do so) I think Coon would improve a lot. I'm a big fan of Robbie, but at his age, I don't see him making big improvements from year to year in the future. Gwiz on the other hand is still likely in his prime and with Steveson coming along, I think we will be fine in hwt freestyle for a while. So for the sake of team USA, I hope Coon focuses on Greco long term

Your probably right but I hope he decides to focus on Greco long term. I don't think he is beating either this year and I know his match with Robbie wasnt very close but I think that could change by next year. I'm sure fatigue played a part in that match and with a full year of focusing on Greco (if he chooses to do so) I think Coon would improve a lot. I'm a big fan of Robbie, but at his age, I don't see him making big improvements from year to year in the future. Gwiz on the other hand is still likely in his prime and with Steveson coming along, I think we will be fine in hwt freestyle for a while. So for the sake of team USA, I hope Coon focuses on Greco long term

I agree with that sentiment 100%. While I think he has a better chance of beating Gwiz right now, in the long run I think his best chance for a medal is in Greco. I think his size, relative lack of scoring in Greco-Roman which can keep matches close and the fact that his competition in America for the team spot is a lot tougher in freestyle than it is in Greco. Gable, Kerkvliet, Parris, guys out of college plus any other current college heavyweight make for a lot tougher road than in Greco. All of this and we haven't mentioned the 2 big international heavyweights, Akgul and Petriashvili (sp), who are both fairly young, and who would be a considerable roadblock to Adam's medal chances.

Looks like the Greco best of 3 finals should be done by 3pm or so on Friday. Plus Coon-Gwiz are scheduled as the last bout for Final X on Saturday night.

Is Coon still wrestling at both events?

What do y'all think?

Gwiz in 3.

Anybody know what coon weighed today. 130kg - 125kg = 11 lbs

Good and relevant question. He had some help with his weight management however by way of two hard fought bouts in Tulsa today. I am not being tongue-in-cheek when I say this probably made getting down a breeze, if weight was an issue at all.

Another relevant question... With true 3rds starting at 5 pm, will the main card competitors have extended recovery or will they have a separate weigh-in?

Edited by JHRoseWrestling