Sign in to follow this  
Buckxell

Helen Maroulis injury

oh yeaaaah :) now USA must send other wrestlers, it is what it is. or you will go against the age-old rules?! who win wtt 100% go to world, doesn't matter injury or other reason. U didn't WTT? okay, bye! Helen bye!

Since she is a returning gold medalist and is legitimately injured with paperwork from an approved doctor she can request to wrestle at a later date. But nice job being a douche though.

This rule has me on the fence.  She reps us well.  She has a nice streak going - three golds in a row - but fair and even competition is ultimately best. Nick Marable had a doctor's note as well.  Anyone really think that was legit?

Edited by Plasmodium

This rule has me on the fence. She reps us well. She has a nice streak going - three golds in a row - but fair and even competition is ultimately best. Nick Marable had a doctor's note as well. Anyone really think that was legit?

Different criteria in place now vs then. Marable would not have qualified for the wrestle off.

This rule has me on the fence. She reps us well. She has a nice streak going - three golds in a row - but fair and even competition is ultimately best. Nick Marable had a doctor's note as well. Anyone really think that was legit?

The rules explicitly state that if she has a Usa wrestling approved doctor write an injury note and it is submitted at least 48 prior to final x, they will reschedule it.

This applies to all Fjnal X wrestlers. If Nick Reenan did this, his match vs Davis Taylor would’ve been postponed. This isn’t preferential treatment for Helen.

Edit: correction below

Edited by Housebuye

This applies to all Fjnal X wrestlers. If Nick Reenan did this, his match vs Davis Taylor would’ve been postponed. This isn’t preferential treatment for Helen.

Not quite. From the article on TheMat.com:

According to the 2018 General World Team Trials Procedures, “only a 2017 Senior World medalist who earned an automatic berth into the final wrestle-off can request a delay of the Final Wrestle-Off for medical reasons.”

Not quite. From the article on TheMat.com:

According to the 2018 General World Team Trials Procedures, “only a 2017 Senior World medalist who earned an automatic berth into the final wrestle-off can request a delay of the Final Wrestle-Off for medical reasons.”

Ah interesting. Thanks. That’s not what I was told. I should’ve gone to the source.

Maroulis is one of my favorite wrestlers, and easily my fav in WFS.

I hope she recovers. 

Also, I hope there are opportunities for her that don't involve winning more medals. She deserves them. 

As much as I hate to say this; she needs to retire. Every time she gets one going forward it will further seriously affect her quality of life for the remainder of her life. I love her wrestling but you only have one brain and it will not rewire itself.

I don’t think this injury being a concussion is confirmed. If that is the case, I agree.

Huge Helen fan and it will be a blow to our women’s program, but her health should come first.

I am not much into women's wrestling. I don't care for it.  Helen is as close as it gets for me and I like to watch her compete.  Unfortunately, I have to agree.  With what we are learning about concussions, it might be time for her to give it up or wear a football helmet.  I don't think the football helmet is legal. 

mspart

I am not much into women's wrestling. I don't care for it. Helen is as close as it gets for me and I like to watch her compete. Unfortunately, I have to agree. With what we are learning about concussions, it might be time for her to give it up or wear a football helmet. I don't think the football helmet is legal.

mspart

Tried the padded headgear and fitted mouthpiece with mine, didn't matter. As soon as there was some sort of contact that rattled her even a little she would fall apart even after almost a year and no symptoms.That was when I knew it was over. She didn't even remember that day and said I made her quit wrestling for no reason. When a told her what had happened she did get a fuzzy recollection.

I don’t think this injury being a concussion is confirmed. If that is the case, I agree.

Huge Helen fan and it will be a blow to our women’s program, but her health should come first.

It is 100 % confirmed. There is a link on the other thread or just type in her name with concussion and it pops right up. NBC sports did a long article on it. Really really bad stuff. Look it up, read it, get back to me. Edited by sgallan

Reposting the link......

https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2018/05/16/helen-maroulis-wrestling-concussion/

I am pretty sure the injury is about the above article. Her symptoms, and the time she had those symptoms, is severe. At this point I have no doubt a few people, doctors, family (I would hope), USA wrestling, all are aware, and probably torn as to what to do. They shouldn't be. Anything from here on out will be destructive towards the rest of her life. Every concussion going forward makes things worse. 

Yes, she had a concussion. Nobody is claiming she didn’t. We don’t know that the injury keeping her out of Final X this week is a concussion, and it would be terrible if that’s what it is.

I still can’t believe they let her wrestle in the dark. If you have to be in the dark to train, you’re not ready to train. Whoever cleared her for that is irresponsible at best.

Tried the padded headgear and fitted mouthpiece with mine, didn't matter. As soon as there was some sort of contact that rattled her even a little she would fall apart even after almost a year and no symptoms.That was when I knew it was over. She didn't even remember that day and said I made her quit wrestling for no reason. When a told her what had happened she did get a fuzzy recollection.

That’s fact what I posted, you just quote trolled three straight people. Maybe you need padded headgear? 😂😂

Edited by cmsu34