Sign in to follow this  
stonerd7

Sam Stoll- gunshot wound to the knee

City folk don't understand. They are too busy swilling their mocha lattes to know anything about this part of "humanity".

You're correct if you think I don't understand people goofing around with firearms.  I do understand hunting and fishing. 

Edited by silver-medal

Terry Kath might be the greatest guitar player that so few know about. Tragic death...and the beginning of the end of (respectable) Chicago. You are correct about alcohol and guns.

Is Stoll’s injury a career ender?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not disagree with the guns and alcohol of this comment but the greatest guitarist nobody ever heard of is Jason Becker. His playing and composition are orders of magnitude above Kath.  

I do not disagree with the guns and alcohol of this comment but the greatest guitarist nobody ever heard of is Jason Becker. His playing and composition are orders of magnitude above Kath.  

Naw. Best guitarist nobody ever heard of is Scrapper Blackwell. Clapton emulates Blackwell when he plays fingerstyle.

You're correct if you think I don't understand people goofing around with firearms.  I do understand hunting and fishing.  In Japan you are allowed to purchase firearms but require rigorous training before receiving them.  Somehow we prefer non-stop gun violence to such a sensible idea.  

If we write such a law it will be broken by those who don't want to take the classes. 

Gangs shot up an Arts Festival in Trenton, NJ with guns not registered and not allowable in the State of New Jersey. What are the odds these gang members are going to take a Gun Safety Class? 

Most (not all, obviously) law abiding gun owners take firearms safety training seriously. Every private membership only shooting range within 100 miles of where I live has a waiting list. 

Edited by TBar1977

If we write such a law it will be broken by those who don't want to take the classes. 

Gangs shot up an Arts Festival in Trenton, NJ with guns not registered and not allowable in the State of New Jersey. What are the odds these gang members are going to take a Gun Safety Class? 

Most (not all, obviously) law abiding gun owners take firearms safety training seriously. Every private membership only shooting range within 100 miles of where I live has a waiting list. 

The thread is about Stoll who injured himself with a gun. This is the exact type of thing firearms training is designed to prevent.

The thread is about Stoll who injured himself with a gun. This is the exact type of thing firearms training is designed to prevent.

Maybe I heard wrong but I thought someone else accidentally shot him.

Naw. Best guitarist nobody ever heard of is Scrapper Blackwell. Clapton emulates Blackwell when he plays fingerstyle.

While I like blues and some of these musicians are really great I have never heard any guitarist who could do what Becker did. He was a true prodigy.

We lost his musical greatness to ALS at only 28.  

The point is that more laws designed to enhance gun safety knowledge, thus mitigsting Stoll getting accidentally shot, are only going to be as effective as the willingness to take and adopt the training. A lot of people won't do it, amd just as many will do it but won't incorporate that gun safety into their personal habits.

Let’s hope there wasn’t anything funny going on that the cops bust them for. Who’s still up at 4am playing with guns?

Those of us spotlighting Coyotes so they are afraid to come after the livestock and our dogs. Wait in a stand of high location, detect some movement and wait for it to get closer. Then hit it with the spotlight and let the .270 Rip.

If they are out just beyond range of the light and making barking, whining noises and trying to draw the dogs out we just put a semi auto .22 on the noise and fire off 10 shots fast as we can. That shuts them up and no howling for the night. No problem with neighbors - nearest is a mile away. Nice to be in open prairie and love coyotes singing. Makes for a good night when they are louder than the geese on the ponds. But, when they get close and go after livestock or our dogs we nail them.

Skunks and raccoons and porcupines - if they are anywhere near the farmyard we shoot. Skunks and raccoons that look to approach or act erratic we always shoot and then gas & light the carcass as they are usually Rabid. Don't want the dogs or cats getting near that stuff.

As for Iowa wrestlers getting shot - Sorry to hear it. Hope he heals quickly and no permanent damage. Tough to get old and stiffen up where wounded when younger. Even worse when it effects the ability to walk and get around.

As for training and such. One of our nearby High Schools has an Olympic style shooting team. More than one has done well enough to got to the OTC for further training.

A few of our nearby High Schools have trap shooting teams. One of them has both boys and girls teams tops i the State in their division. Teach responsible handling and give outlets to actually shoot and you don't find as many crazy things happening. Doesn't mean they can't, but it is much less likely. One thing that really helps the trap shooting teams is that the kids go to various farms when the sunflowers ripen and shoot the blackbirds that decimate the crops. Farmers buy shotgun shells by the Pallet(Yes, that is correct, not just by the case) and the kids can shoot to their hearts content while helping prevent crop losses. Helps the farmers and the kids work on their shooting skills with more than clay pigeons.

Edited by WillieBoy

The point is that more laws designed to enhance gun safety knowledge, thus mitigsting Stoll getting accidentally shot, are only going to be as effective as the willingness to take and adopt the training. A lot of people won't do it, amd just as many will do it but won't incorporate that gun safety into their personal habits.

It's ridiculous and un-American to expect people to be safe with firearms. If that's what the founding fathers wanted they would have put it in the Constitution.

It's the exact reason I write-in Plaxico Burress whenever I vote.

It's ridiculous and un-American to expect people to be safe with firearms. If that's what the founding fathers wanted they would have put it in the Constitution.

It's the exact reason I write-in Plaxico Burress whenever I vote.

The idea that the government can control guns is a fantasy anyway. It's the same people that run human trafficking into Texas and Arizona that also run drugs and guns. They could pass 1000 new gun laws and the bad guys who don't abide by our laws will still have guns, and that is why law abiding citizens should not be infringed upon unless they are mentally ill, a convicted felon, a known danger to society or some other very good reason. 

The idea that the government can control guns is a fantasy anyway. It's the same people that run human trafficking into Texas and Arizona that also run drugs and guns. They could pass 1000 new gun laws and the bad guys who don't abide by our laws will still have guns, and that is why law abiding citizens should not be infringed upon unless they are mentally ill, a convicted felon, a known danger to society or some other very good reason. 

Wait a sec - so you're saying a 14' wall isn't going to control guns? I agree... let's go 18'. It'll only cost another billion or so.

Build the wall and control guns. Problem solved.

[sarcasm ^]