Sign in to follow this  
Lurker

Little Rock names Head Coach.

Erisman was a candidate from the start.The open mat obviously wasn't aware of the candidates and wrote a article based off what they thought.

Yeah, they wrote this right before they started listing names:

Remember these are just our suggestions, we don’t know who has or has not applied. At this point, there is no insider information about potential hires.

Does anyone see this as of right now a 6 figure position?

If it is under 6 figures, what big name coach in a very weak geographical area is going to want to start a new program from scratch?

People need to be realistic.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I’m sure it is a 6 figure role. They want to start a real program.

6 figures isn’t what it used to be, even in wrestling. Are there any real D1 wrestling programs with a head coach making less than that? By real I mean a team that has an occasional AA and routinely qualifies a couple of guys at a minimum.

6 figures isn’t what it used to be, even in wrestling. Are there any real D1 wrestling programs with a head coach making less than that? By real I mean a team that has an occasional AA and routinely qualifies a couple of guys at a minimum.

One (presumably) on the way up is Jeremy Spates at Southern Illinois at Edwardsville. In 2016, Spates made $61,198.40. I am going to guess he didn't make an extra $40K on camps.

In the same year, Doug Schwab made $121,601.

Terry Steiner made $105,000 in his first season with the Bulldogs two years ago.

I assume this is the peer group that wrestling will fall under at the school.

2018 Salaries for UALR Head Coaches:

Volleyball - $66,000

Swimming & Diving - $54,000

Baseball - $86,500

Track & Field - $63,749

Soccer - $61,200

I assume this is the peer group that wrestling will fall under at the school.

2018 Salaries for UALR Head Coaches:

Volleyball - $66,000

Swimming & Diving - $54,000

Baseball - $86,500

Track & Field - $63,749

Soccer - $61,200

Bingo. Hopefully the school is very lax on what they will charge for rooms and meals (usually an outside contracted food service company) so the camps can be very profitable. You would be surprised how much some schools charge for things like that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Incentives can be such a significant portion of "3rd tier" sports coaching salaries, making it really hard to know for sure what many/most will get paid.

In 2015(The year they won), Tom Ryan made $312,971.  I didn't find his base salary.  The following year he made $462,145.00.

With a base salary of $177,000.00, Tom Brands made $442,041.00 in 2015.

John W. Smith just made(2017) $312,100.  John W. Smith also just made $36,500 for moonlighting as an electrician at S.W. Oklahoma State.

I would love for someone to spend the time and compile a full list of base salaries and actual earnings for each coach.  It would be interesting to see how many stay the same!

Edited by MSU158

Love you man, but you're wrong on this one. Erisman is a strong hire. 

Agree.  It is an exciting hire for many in neighboring states too.  Lot of folks in Kansas know and love Neil.  Kid is humble and busts his ass.  He has left a great impression everywhere he has been with his work ethic and likability.  Plenty of people in the Ark, Mo, Ok, KS belt will be more than willing to help him nab up bodies as well as studs in moving ahead.  He will be fine. 

Agree.  It is an exciting hire for many in neighboring states too.  Lot of folks in Kansas know and love Neil.  Kid is humble and busts his ass.  He has left a great impression everywhere he has been with his work ethic and likability.  Plenty of people in the Ark, Mo, Ok, KS belt will be more than willing to help him nab up bodies as well as studs in moving ahead.  He will be fine. 

Sounds pretty awesome.

Incentives can be such a significant portion of "3rd tier" sports coaching salaries, making it really hard to know for sure what many/most will get paid.

John W. Smith just made(2017) $312,100.  John W. Smith also just made $36,500 for moonlighting as an electrician at S.W. Oklahoma State.

I didn't realize the entire state of Oklahoma had that much money!

What's this about John moonlighting as an electrician? I never heard of that. Pretty cool.