CoachWrestling

Let me get this straight (Regarding qualification process)

If that's it, it seems like a very small obstacle to overcome. Just using some rough math, all travel and accommodations for 32 competitors + 1 practice partner + 1 coach each would probably be less than $300k (~$1000 x 96 people x 3 legs). Of course there is overlap with practice partners and coaches, and $1000 is just a random number but should be pretty inclusive, I'd think. It seems like it wouldn't be that difficult to get some sponsorships/ partnerships to knock that price down. If, say, United Airlines and Holiday Inn comped the athletes and made it known, the pure "tribalism" of wrestling fans would pay those companies back twenty times over. I know I personally go out of my way and am willing to spend more on products from companies with wrestling links.

32 competitors (plus extras) per location vs 12ish competitors (plus extras) per location. The “plus extras” is the same per competitor, the variable is number of competitors. And let’s not forget who this is all about, the competitors...making weight one Saturday vs making and having to maintain making weight through two to three consecutive weekends. That strays from the norm of the international season. Why do that to them?

Edited by Lurker

Assuming the online audience comprises more folks than those in attendance, I liked Final X.  It went fast and each one featured a couple matchups I really wanted to see.  It also gave me a better perspective on the women's sport as I'd normally skip some of the women's matches if they were 15 matchups to view.  Plus no wrestler got the insurmountable advantage of waiting until the finals to wrestler the winner of a mini tourney.  Count me as a fan of Final X.  

Assuming the online audience comprises more folks than those in attendance, I liked Final X. It went fast and each one featured a couple matchups I really wanted to see. It also gave me a better perspective on the women's sport as I'd normally skip some of the women's matches if they were 15 matchups to view. Plus no wrestler got the insurmountable advantage of waiting until the finals to wrestler the winner of a mini tourney. Count me as a fan of Final X.

I was thoroughly impressed with a number of the women's matches and was exposed to some very good wrestlers I never seen before. Tbh prior to Final X the only US Woman wrestler I had seen a whole lot of was Helen Maroulis. The Conder Anthony series were a lot of fun to watch and the wrestling was top notch. Molinari looked tough as nails as well. I'm glad these women got the opportunity to display their talents. Edited by BigTenFanboy

Assuming the online audience comprises more folks than those in attendance, I liked Final X. It went fast and each one featured a couple matchups I really wanted to see. It also gave me a better perspective on the women's sport as I'd normally skip some of the women's matches if they were 15 matchups to view. Plus no wrestler got the insurmountable advantage of waiting until the finals to wrestler the winner of a mini tourney. Count me as a fan of Final X.

Pretty much agree with those thoughts. Having quality wrestling matches to anticipate for 3 consecutive weekends was a real bonus for June.

there  might be a chance of this under the current format.

but if its all one date...that leaves a lot of people out.

Well, I would love to see Final X all under one roof, and all on the same date. I would also like it to come out west somewhere.