Sign in to follow this  
WillieBoy

Does this mean Iowa challenges PSU this year, really?

Link please so we can know what dates these rankings are from. I never said PSU was behind by 25 points in every weekly ranking, just that at some point the rankings would be crazy enough to have them that far behind. So you posting those particular rankings doesn't mean anything. Intermat's rankings have Iowa 3rd at year's end, do you think Iowa was ranked 3rd by Intermat every week this past year? Try to keep up, Lurker.

And why don't you ever accept the fact when I repeatedly tell you that I don't give a damn about message board credibility here at themat.com. This msg. board has no credibility, so me trying to get cred on a non cred board means nothing to me. "So if you ever want credibility around here ........", that means nothing. Less than nothing.

Why do you post daily about something you find to be not credible?

Seems like a waste of time.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Why do you post daily about something you find to be not credible?

Seems like a waste of time.

Virtually every other msg. board thinks this one is a dumpster fire, and since the general tone here is one I too (like the majority who post elsewhere) find objectionable I enjoy pointing out all the hypocrisy. This accomplishes two things. One, it gives me a good laugh, and two, it elicits reactions from a core group that are very predictably going to keep the general view of this msg. board from changing which I view as a positive.

Flo is a joke!

Their rankings are irrelevant.

They do this stuff to generate interest for the casual fan.

Thanks for the knowledge. Next thing you'll inform me of is that Flo streams wrestling matches!

What did you prove there with those rankings? They look like end of the year rankings, but without a link even that is impossible to know, And any single ranking proves nothing to refute what I said, which is that at some point PSU was a 25 point tournament dog vs. Ok State and Ohio State. Unless you have links to all the rankings for every week you can't refute that.

So link please so we can know what dates these rankings are from. I never said PSU was behind by 25 points in every weekly ranking, just that at some point the rankings would be crazy enough to have them that far behind. So you posting those particular rankings doesn't mean anything. Intermat's rankings have Iowa 3rd at year's end, do you think Iowa was ranked 3rd by Intermat every week this past year? Try to keep up, Lurker.

And why don't you ever accept the fact when I repeatedly tell you that I don't give a damn about message board credibility here at themat.com. This msg. board has no credibility, so me trying to get cred on a non cred board means nothing to me. "So if you ever want credibility around here ........", that means nothing. Less than nothing.

They are flo pre-season rankings. Take the time to look them up like I did.

You did not originally say “at some point PSU was a 25 point underdog to Oklahoma state...”, Your statement that I originally responded to was “every year PSU is a 25 point underdog... why should this year be different”.

Finally, if you don’t care when I tell you why nobody here takes you seriously, why do you try so hard to twist and turn and backpedal so that you appear to be right? Obviously you care a great deal.

Bye Felicia! Have a nice weekend.

They are flo pre-season rankings. Take the time to look them up like I did.

You did not originally say “at some point PSU was a 25 point underdog to Oklahoma state...”, Your statement that I originally responded to was “every year PSU is a 25 point underdog... why should this year be different”.

Finally, if you don’t care when I tell you why nobody here takes you seriously, why do you try so hard to twist and turn and backpedal so that you appear to be right? Obviously you care a great deal.

Bye Felicia! Have a nice weekend.

Preseason rankings don't equal "at some point" rankings nor do they equal where I started which was "in January Penn State will be" rankings. #nobackpedalneeded. 

You came to start a fight. Welcome to the dumpster, Lurker. You and I are going to get along just fine. Or, you can stop showing up to fight. Your choice. I will oblige you either way. 

Edited by TBar1977

My apologies, you did say every year in January, and I posted the last five years of November rankings, which completely shows that my point is so very way off base, that you are not about being dramatic, over exaggerating, and easily butt hurt, and everyone here takes your insight of the highest regard. You have proven me wrong. On top of which, you have shown your fight skills to be of the highest level. I am disappointed in myself for having challenged your superiority.

I hope you enjoy the last installment of Final X. I know I speak for everyone when I say, we cannot wait for your majestic insights. Good day to you sir.

My apologies, you did say every year in January, and I posted the last five years of November rankings, which completely shows that my point is so very way off base, that you are not about being dramatic, over exaggerating, and easily butt hurt, and everyone here takes your insight of the highest regard. You have proven me wrong. On top of which, you have shown your fight skills to be of the highest level. I am disappointed in myself for having challenged your superiority.

I hope you enjoy the last installment of Final X. I know I speak for everyone when I say, we cannot wait for your majestic insights. Good day to you sir.

So when someone frames their comment with the phrase "by January". you don't realize this doesn't mean pre season rankings?

We don’t need this to be one of your forever dragged on soap boxes. My original post on this topic clearly states that your assertion that “every year PSU is a 25 point underdog....why should this year be any different” is an overexagerated drama queen type comment because it is completely untrue. If you believe the fact that you said in January while I posted rankings from November, or that you now back pedal and claim it happened one year with oklahoma state, without providing anything concrete but just your sole claim, somehow shows that my assertion that your butthurt driven statement is way off the mark (that every year PSU is a 25 point underdog why should this year be any different), as a drama queen driven over exaggerated statemtent, then I’m okay with that. I hope it allows you to sleep better tonight.

Now, as I said. I hope you enjoy the last installment of Final X. I’m sure we all anxiously await your highly respected, very insightful opinions of the action. Along with your top notch fight skills. Bye Felicia.

Edited by Lurker

Would you consider either of the 2 VT guys he lost to in the last few months a true obstacle?

Who other than McFadden has Marinelli lost to in folkstyle? Also, I made sure to point out that I believe Marinelli makes a solid leap once the knee is fully healed and the 36lb knee brace goes back in the box.

Also, this isn't meant as a slight to McFadden. The kid is really good. I just have been high on Alex from the very beginning and expect him to keep improving.

not to be a jerk, but you spend a lot of time here explaining yourself 

Virtually every other msg. board thinks this one is a dumpster fire, and since the general tone here is one I too (like the majority who post elsewhere) find objectionable I enjoy pointing out all the hypocrisy. This accomplishes two things. One, it gives me a good laugh, and two, it elicits reactions from a core group that are very predictably going to keep the general view of this msg. board from changing which I view as a positive.

post me a link to those others.. i got some matches

lol

just feeling ornery waiting to watch coon/gwiz

Edited by GockeS

Thanks for the knowledge. Next thing you'll inform me of is that Flo streams wrestling matches!

They stream matches for $150 a year with very poor quality and a clear lack of professionalism.

They're a complete joke of an organization.

I'm going to troll them tonight at Lehigh.

We don’t need this to be one of your forever dragged on soap boxes. My original post on this topic clearly states that your assertion that “every year PSU is a 25 point underdog....why should this year be any different” is an overexagerated drama queen type comment because it is completely untrue. If you believe the fact that you said in January while I posted rankings from November, or that you now back pedal and claim it happened one year with oklahoma state, without providing anything concrete but just your sole claim, somehow shows that my assertion that your butthurt driven statement is way off the mark (that every year PSU is a 25 point underdog why should this year be any different), as a drama queen driven over exaggerated statemtent, then I’m okay with that. I hope it allows you to sleep better tonight.

Now, as I said. I hope you enjoy the last installment of Final X. I’m sure we all anxiously await your highly respected, very insightful opinions of the action. Along with your top notch fight skills. Bye Felicia.

You did not take one nano second to read that I wrote "by january", so you failed to even understand the meaning of my post that "at some point during the season" or "by january" some service or another will rank psu as a 25 point dog.

Your providing preseason rankings does nothing to disprove my statement. I stsnd by my comment that in January 2017 PSU was a 25 point dog to Ok St and then after Nolf's injury the same thing happened.

And let's something straight, Lurker, YOU are the one who couldn't handle a simple post and decided to turn this into a soap box. You showed up to fight over something, Lurker, without even understanding the post you were fighting about.

Edited by TBar1977

I see it clearly now, PSU has in fact been a 25 point dog every single year somewhere along the line, and it only makes sense that they will be again this year. Thank you for setting me straight, and showing me what a fight is truly about.

Anything else you would like to cover?

I see it clearly now, PSU has in fact been a 25 point dog every single year somewhere along the line, and it only makes sense that they will be again this year. Thank you for setting me straight, and showing me what a fight is truly about.

Anything else you would like to cover?

Nope.

You did not take one nano second to read that I wrote "by january", so you failed to even understand the meaning of my post that "at some point during the season" or "by january" some service or another will rank psu as a 25 point dog.

Your providing preseason rankings does nothing to disprove my statement. I stsnd by my comment that in January 2017 PSU was a 25 point dog to Ok St and then after Nolf's injury the same thing happened.

And let's something straight, Lurker, YOU are the one who couldn't handle a simple post and decided to turn this into a soap box. You showed up to fight over something, Lurker, without even understanding the post you were fighting about.

Should PSU not have been a significant underdog without Nolf? Nolf scored 23 and they won by 7.5.

The year before, OkState had proven AA's in Heil, Collica, Smith, Rogers, Boyd and Weigel. PSU only had Retherford, Nolf and Nickal with the spotty AA from Gulibon down a weight.

I think, deep down, everyone knew PSU was going to be really good. But, they were relying on first time starters in Suriano, Joseph and Hall. You then had Nevills coming off an injury.

At that time, Picc, Brock, Rogers and Schafer ranked high enough to offset that. Again, you focus too much on early season rankings. The ones that matter come after conferences and have consistently favored PSU.

MSU, the whole point is simple. There has come a timebin each year recently where some group or another, polls, eankings, groups of fans etc. convince themselves that things will be different and that PSU can or will be beaten at NCAA's. Then PSU wins it anyway.

You at least understand the phenomenon. Lurker, not so much.

Incorrect my friend.

I fully understand that every year there will be some people that think this team or that team will be able to pull it off. It’s the same with Alabama in football, Golden State in basketball, and so on. Had that been your original claim, I would not have disagreed.

What I disagreed with was your claim that every year PSU has been a 25 point underdog somewhere along the way. Because that is in fact, false.

See the difference? Maybe that should clear things up. If not and you are somehow saying you did not claim that, or that I disagreed with something else....we’ll lets just let it go.

Edited by Lurker

In the preseason how do you rank guys with no NCAA experience? Everyone knew that Jason Nolf was going to be good as a RSFR, but I can't see ranking him above guys who have been there. Same this year PSU will have new guys at 125, 133, and 149 for sure. No matter how good you think RBY will be you can't pick him as a top 5 bonus machine. So I think it is fair that he not be ranked very high with a point expectation. Experience matters especially in the preseason rankings/projections.

As a PSU fan I have no problem discounting the projected points. After the holiday tournaments everyone will know who is good and who isn't.

Some folks have too much time on their hands.

For 2019 -

Do any one of you honestly think Iowa will win NCAAs?

Do any one of you honestly think Penn State will NOT win NCAAs?

No odds. Just straight up.

My expectation is 0 and 0.

Penn State is the favorite, by a lot.

Some folks have too much time on their hands.

For 2019 -

Do any one of you honestly think Iowa will win NCAAs?

Do any one of you honestly think Penn State will NOT win NCAAs?

No odds. Just straight up.

My expectation is 0 and 0.

Penn State is the favorite, by a lot.

There are plenty of years where teams have started out as prohibitive favorites only to get surpassed.  However, PSU has consistently finished strong for too many years.  That makes it  really hard for most to see it happening.  But, that doesn't mean it couldn't.  All it takes is someone other than Nolf getting injured(short of cutting a limb off he will still win) of their "Big 4".  Or, Lugo and Warner to prove they belong at the top of their respective weights.

Still, the real issue is Stoll.  Anything less than 100% and I drop their chances down to near zero.  Iowa MUST HAVE a top 3 finish out of Stoll to have a chance.  After that, I don't see any team with the overall firepower necessary to get to 130 and truly challenge PSU.