Sign in to follow this  
Fletcher

Who are the best former & current wrestlers to follow on twitter?

I quit Twitter last week. They kept trying to weasel my phone number out of me and pissed me off. Before that though I followed a few wrestlers. Cliff Fretwell is pretty damned funny on there and traded barbs with him a few times (in a good way) . I followed Hunter Steiber, Brent Metcalf, Cael, etc. Hunter Steiber has a superb sense of humor and doesn't mind making fun of himself, which is an endearing quality. Was friends with Jake Herbert, which was really cool. Sent a few messages to Cowboys/Sooners prior to NCAAs to wish them good luck. I used to like sending my favorites wrestling advice, as if they weren't already much better than me technically :D Too bad Kaid Brock didn't listen to me!

Twitter is a trap, though. One controversial tweet, even if it's only controversial because people take it out of context, can destroy a man's reputation/career. Be careful on there. Hopefully it's not going to hamstring some of the guys who've made stupid comments on there, like Ben Askren.

Edited by TobusRex

Definitely Mark Schultz. Everything is pure gold. 

Just started following him and one minute later I get a tweet on how WTC attack was orchestrated by the government to give TSA & DHS more authority to take our freedoms.  I've now got my tinfoil hat strapped on and am locked in for the roller coaster ride.

no, twitter wants your phone number or they accuse you of acting like a bot.

Yup. I finally had enough. Literally the day after the end of "net neutrality" pretty much every social media site presented "new privacy rules" and started aggressively mining personal data.

But that's all in OUR best interest as consumers, right?

Edited by TobusRex

Just started following him and one minute later I get a tweet on how WTC attack was orchestrated by the government to give TSA & DHS more authority to take our freedoms.  I've now got my tinfoil hat strapped on and am locked in for the roller coaster ride.

It's glorious, isn't it? Enjoy the ride. 

Let's put it this way: he's not the only crazy wrestler out there tweeting!

Yup - too political for me.

While I generally would agree, he's well spoken and actually engages in debate as opposed to just spewing insults and name calling with those whom he doesn't agree so I don't mind it at all.