Sign in to follow this  
Fletcher

Who are the best former & current wrestlers to follow on twitter?

Definitely Mark Schultz. Everything is pure gold.

Schultz Polls were sometimes pretty funny because they were so bizarre. Sadly he blocked me a couple weeks ago because I commented that one of his polls was pretty racist (not his 1st racist poll, just the 1st I replied to). He pretty much asked Black folks what race they'd rather be.

He deletes his Twitter history often so the full magnitude of his mania is never readily available. But he's definitely a nut job.

No one should follow Mark Schultz on Twitter. Sad but true.

Wrong answer. The only funnier thing than reading a trainwreck Twitter account used by a madman is reading a trainwreck Twitter account used by a madman who has an Olympic Gold.

You don't know that BB wrestled? Massapequa (Al Bevilacqua) and Binghamton

I had NO idea at all. I thought he was just a celeb who wanted some "tough guy" cache, and started hanging around with wrestlers! I thought you were yanking my chain so I checked the wiki article on him. Consider me shocked.

How good was he? Did he ever break first team or was he a career workout partner?

Edited by TobusRex

I don't remember him as a wrestler- although I either reffed him directly (probably HS international styles) or at least reffed at tournaments he attended. Al Bevi and I ran into each other in 96 Atlanta (I was working the head table) and he had a group of people with him crossing the street. He introduced me to all of them. Billy was somewhere in the middle of the group and Al simply listed his name along with everyone else. I shook hands with him like everyone else. We talked for a while, I believe he remembered me as a ref. That day he was just a tall skinny kid in shorts and a t-shirt. Although I did realize who it was, the next day I saw Bevi again and asked him- Did you say Billy Baldwin?

I don't remember him as a wrestler- although I either reffed him directly (probably HS international styles) or at least reffed at tournaments he attended. Al Bevi and I ran into each other in 96 Atlanta (I was working the head table) and he had a group of people with him crossing the street. He introduced me to all of them. Billy was somewhere in the middle of the group and Al simply listed his name along with everyone else. I shook hands with him like everyone else. We talked for a while, I believe he remembered me as a ref. That day he was just a tall skinny kid in shorts and a t-shirt. Although I did realize who it was, the next day I saw Bevi again and asked him- Did you say Billy Baldwin?

Hehe...that's a pretty cool story. I did a little digging and found this link on Fightland. Billy wrestled a long time, apparently. Started in 4th grade. Asked about his prowess he said he probably won a few more than he lost and was nothing special.

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/billy-baldwin-actor-baldwin-bro-amateur-wrestlings-most-famous-avenger