sansbarksdale

Flowrestling. You absolutely suck

Time to get these amateurs out of the sport and get some real people in here who can get a product to work with some consistency. The marks will say something like "hey we get more access to wrestling now than ever" but that's more a sign of the times and technology than anything to do with FLO. These jabronis are the absolute worst.

Yearlong lock-in + flaky streaming + offputting personalities + untimely frivolous messaging (lately Flo's posted about roadtrip moreso than about upcoming wrestling). How exactly has this worked to "grow the sport"? How exactly will it work in the future to "grow the sport"?

No no no -- 'Flo is better than nothing' and 'Back in my day we had to read magazines' are not strong arguments. 'Nothing' isn't the only alternative to Flo -- not now and not in the future.

Flo bros talk a lot about 'big boy sports' but again and again and again they themselves fall short.

Flo's knows three things:

1. The people that invest in these matches are a captive audience
  2. Flo is the only game in town with no real competition other than Track
  3. Wrestling is a niche sport and will never be mainstream enough to support a mainstream value driven business model

Therefore Flo can choose their own time table to upgrade their transport and production layer with no real penalty incurred from the customer

Big boy sports media outlets don't have a tobacco chewing, insult throwing, inarticulate individual as part of their broadcast team. Can't think of any small time sports that put a guy like him in the view of a camera or on a broadcast. High school and youth nonetheless. What a great example!

Big boy sports media outlets dont have issues and blame it on the customers or just never address them.

Big boy sports media outlet are professional. Thats the big difference. Flo wants to talk about what a great sport we have and how great the people are. Well, I don't see the high level of character and consistency that our athletes have in flo at all.

Sorry if I expect too much.

Edited by russelscout

Flo's knows three things:

• The people that invest in these matches are a captive audience
  • Flo is the only game in town with no real competition other than Track
  • Wrestling is a niche sport and will never be mainstream enough to support a mainstream value driven business model
Therefore Flo can choose their own time table to upgrade their transport and production layer with no real penalty incurred from the customer

I get that wrestling is a niche sport, but every other sport under the sun gets on TV. It is really setting the bar pretty low and is a pretty big cop out when Flo apologists just say it is the best wrestling can do.

I've watched some pretty obscure sports events on ESPN3 with almost zero commercial appeal. Even having wrestling on ESPN3 is infinitely better than Flowrestling because you get their production and also the opportunity to grab a casual viewer.

Your only problem with the ESPN/FoxSports angle is the event would definitely be on multiple day if not seek tape delay before it would would make it into a TV slot time. They would show the event over some other higher rated show so unless USA Wrestling would be really flexible with live event time we would see the event as it happens. Now I’m guessing they could work something out with a online streaming thing like ESPN Plus or FoxSportsGo but Flo may be offering them a better or at least more secure deal than what those options would.

Your only problem with the ESPN/FoxSports angle is the event would definitely be on multiple day if not seek tape delay before it would would make it into a TV slot time. They would show the event over some other higher rated show so unless USA Wrestling would be really flexible with live event time we would see the event as it happens. Now I’m guessing they could work something out with a online streaming thing like ESPN Plus or FoxSportsGo but Flo may be offering them a better or at least more secure deal than what those options would.

I agree the chances at live TV may be limited. However, ESPN3 is better than Flo any day of the week and provides access to a much wider audience base. Couple that with potential live/tape delay on TV and the option is infinitely better than Flo.

First step towards improving is acknowledging shortcomings of the status quo. What makes for a great tweet doesn't necessarily make for a great novel and, similarly, although Flo's great at documentaries they're shallow, disappointing, clumsy in much else!

They had the Terry documentary. Kolat is awesome too and of course a few others. There is no doubt they do a good documentary, but when was the most recent must see? And is it worth what I pay bc the other areas flo is falling apart. It is not growing or improving on their product. Id love for the big 10 dual schedule to go to trackwrestling and see them grow their streaming. It seems like a more reliable group.