Billyhoyle

Flo Announcers

In this case USA wrestling has the responsibility for promoting and growing the sport. People like myself, question the decision to hide USA wrestling's premier product behind a subscription-based streaming service. This seems counter to the idea of growing the sport beyond the current boundaries.

nail

head

getting together

I am not aware of any live attendance announcements but the numbers may be out there. I don't think Flo every announced them. also that's a negative on the viewership numbers. maybe when Netflix starts publishing their viewer data we will join in as well ;)

When Netflix starts broadcasting live sports then that might be relevant. I am atleast able to find out how many subscribers there are to Netflix. How many paid subscribers are there to Flowrestling?

Instead Flo sports has positioned itself against companies like ESPN, yet when asked to provide viewership numbers like other sports broadcast companies provide, won't do it. One would think both Flo and USA wrestling would be publishing these numbers to show how the partnership is paying off. Why the lack of transparency?

I would gladly pay Flo or any other provider 10x what they charge if they could deliver a reliable streaming experience.

They have had enough time to get it right and fail time and time again. It’s time they get out of Wrestling. They are, by far, this biggest problem in the sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When Netflix starts broadcasting live sports then that might be relevant. I am atleast able to find out how many subscribers there are to Netflix. How many paid subscribers are there to Flowrestling?

Instead Flo sports has positioned itself against companies like ESPN, yet when asked to provide viewership numbers like other sports broadcast companies provide, won't do it. One would think both Flo and USA wrestling would be publishing these numbers to show how the partnership is paying off. Why the lack of transparency?

i'll ask the board next time i'm invited to a meeting. thanks for your interest! 

I would gladly pay Flo or any other provider 10x what they charge if they could deliver a reliable streaming experience.

They have had enough time to get it right and fail time and time again. It’s time they get out of Wrestling. They are, by far, this biggest problem in the sport.

That’s laughable.

Bigger problem than doping.

Bigger problem than Russian corruption.

Bigger problem than far too few Olympic weights.

Yeah, by far, Flo is the biggest problem in the sport.

Man, when Fish has an axe to grind, he really grinds. To the point of making a fool of himself! Kudos my friend!

Edited by Lurker

If Flo is the biggest problem this sport has then gush golly darn it, WRESTLING IS DOING PRETTY DAMN GREAT!!! Edited by BigTenFanboy

Per my twitter

Attendance at the three #FinalX sites from what I've gathered

(no, I do not have the full breakdown of paid, comp, staff)

Lincoln: 2,916

State College: 2,783

Bethlehem: 995

Total: 6,694.

Last year in Lincoln was just north of 4,000.

I see State College wasn't sold out after all.

Bethlehem numbers were pathetic.

What a complete epic fail!

Death to Final X and Flo for that matter!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

If Flo is the biggest problem this sport has then gush golly darn it, WRESTLING IS DOING PRETTY DAMN GREAT!!!

I don't think many believe they are the problem with wrestling. Martin came in and started this. It's been great, but with how much influence Flo has on our sport, most feel they could do better. It may be an obligation to do better.

I don't think many believe they are the problem with wrestling. Martin came in and started this. It's been great, but with how much influence Flo has on our sport, most feel they could do better. It may be an obligation to do better.

The disgruntled marine creature certainly does.

Speaking of Martin, why did step down (told to leave) of CEO of his own company? Why isn't this a bigger topic in the wrestling community? The guy who traveled the nation, in his van and on his own dime, got told to GTFO of the company he founded. Are investors that unhappy? What's going on at Flo?

Speaking of Martin, why did step down (told to leave) of CEO of his own company? Why isn't this a bigger topic in the wrestling community? The guy who traveled the nation, in his van and on his own dime, got told to GTFO of the company he founded. Are investors that unhappy? What's going on at Flo?

Venture capitalists will only put up with no ROI, silly over priced contracts with fake wrestling, lawsuits and regular operational failings for so long.

because they are not doing NEARLY as well as they lead you to believe they are.

Agreed.  They definitely are not the biggest problem, but with their "by wrestlers for wrestlers" mindset you'd think they would put a little more determination and hard work into it.

not making as much money as VCs want you to?  here's your severance, your stock options and your exit paperwork.

Venture capitalists will only put up with no ROI, silly over priced contracts with fake wrestling, lawsuits and regular operational failings for so long.

I’m not disagreeing with you, but if flo is struggling then why did they just drop a bunch of cash on a brand new office build out?

Have they started turning a profit yet?

I’m not disagreeing with you, but if flo is struggling then why did they just drop a bunch of cash on a brand new office build out?

Have they started turning a profit yet?

Private companies don’t disclose their financials.

I see State College wasn't sold out after all.

Bethlehem numbers were pathetic.

What a complete epic fail!

Death to Final X and Flo for that matter!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

so yeah, we add 50% attendance but it's a fail... 

im just talking attendance fish, not viewership.

I waited many years before finally buying flo subscrip b/c of fear of the reasons you are putting forth.

luckily i haven't encountered the problems you have.

i agree, this is probably flo's best way to 'grow' the sport.

i hear younger wrestlers talking about flo all the time.

But numbers are dropping and I can't speak for other states but PA is losing HS programs. Not tons of programs but a handful every year, in a decade it could be 10-15%.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wrestling is growing because 5-14 year olds are subscribing to Flowrestling, then deciding to wrestle? Flowrestling doesn't do anything to grow wrestling. To borrow a political term, it may solidify some of the base, but that is about it.

If you have a 14 year old that is a serious wrestler, Flo and Track subscriptions are almost mandatory to scout other kids.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk