Sign in to follow this  
smoot27

Iowa coming back strong

MM, Ballweg, Gambrall, Janssen, Lofthouse(s) looking good so far. Ramos wrestled a solid match against Futrell. Janssen looks like he has officially supassed Kerr on the depth chart.

I spoke too soon on Gambrall. He just lost in 2nd overtime. Locked hands then gave up reversal.

As a PSU fan, let me just say that I have tons of respect for the Iowa program. I watched enviously for years and years, as they have dominated the college wrestling scene. Their wrestling style has always been frustrating to root against, but, impossible to not respect. I would never count Iowa's wrestling program out of anything. They are what we Penn State fans are trying to get to. They set the standard, and I'm excited that Penn State appears to be following the blueprint. I look forward to battles with Iowa year after year.

Iowa was great but is in big trouble. Their wrestlers are not focused or tough or conditioned. Some of the same people I know who turned on Z are now blaming him, or the wrestlers for not "buying in" to Brands, whatever that means. Dissension and turmoil =failure.

Iowa was great but is in big trouble. Their wrestlers are not focused or tough or conditioned. Some of the same people I know who turned on Z are now blaming him, or the wrestlers for not "buying in" to Brands, whatever that means. Dissension and turmoil =failure.

Good gawd man! It's early in the season and they are a young team. I don't think Iowa should drop their wrestling program yet.

As a PSU fan, let me just say that I have tons of respect for the Iowa program. I watched enviously for years and years, as they have dominated the college wrestling scene. Their wrestling style has always been frustrating to root against, but, impossible to not respect. I would never count Iowa's wrestling program out of anything. They are what we Penn State fans are trying to get to. They set the standard, and I'm excited that Penn State appears to be following the blueprint. I look forward to battles with Iowa year after year.

Nice post Mvattivo.

I agree

Those are silly rumors from years ago. You're venting own agenda, and that time is way past. Get over it. It's 2010-11, and Iowa is rebuilding after graduating so many seniors. Takes time.

Congrats to Penn State and Missouri for their fine performances at the holiday tournaments!

4th place.

And at least 62 other teams would trade places with them today.

With that attitude and rationilaztion it is no wonder they are content with 4th place.

Looks as if their motto will become 'we'll be in the top 5'. They are not doing well at all compared to what the fans expect.