Sign in to follow this  
jmachinder

What is Russia's Best Men's FS Team?

Any chance we see Batsiev at HWT?  He said it's REALLY hard for him to make 97kg with the new rules and if Makhov is retiring and Sad moving up, probably makes it his best chance for 2020. 

If Sadulaev is at 97kg this probably makes the most sense.  Plus this way Baitsaev can show up juiced to the gills and not have to worry about his weight.  That said, he's been down at 97kg for a full year now. 

I'm surprised that Geduev can't or doesn't choose to go 79kg, considering he had muscles popping out of muscles down at 74kg.  He's shorter than Burroughs I think.  Height really doesn't matter as much as people think, there have been world champs at 97kg around 5'7.  Still color me surprised, maybe he's thinking Olympics.  

If Sadulaev is at 97kg this probably makes the most sense.  Plus this way Baitsaev can show up juiced to the gills and not have to worry about his weight.  That said, he's been down at 97kg for a full year now. 

Don't think the full weighin rules were in effect until January.  Not sure how many times he's wrestled with said rules, but even if he got a little smaller he is massive and could get to 240 with relative ease.

Don't think the full weighin rules were in effect until January.  Not sure how many times he's wrestled with said rules, but even if he got a little smaller he is massive and could get to 240 with relative ease.

4 times (Yarygin, Euros, Military games, Kolov)  

Agree he could get to 240 easily, probably more with more time.  He's also tall enough to not be dwarfed by Akgul or Geno, but I don't see any scenario where he beats either of them.  He probably does match up well against Gwiz. 

I cannot find much info on the Russian team now...I see they are preparing for the Russian nationals in various regions...Ossetia, Dagestan, etc. 

Last year Tedeev pissed off a lot of people in Russia when he said the worlds are not important and it is mostly preparing for the Olympics. If it happens again that they don't win no.1 he will be kicked out, that is almost for sure. 

Sadulaev, with his decision to go to 97kg, is in a sense disrupting their line-up and some people were not happy with that either.

Geduev may participate in Russian nationals, but its unclear, there is not much information.  

not sure what is with the pic, but I saw a clip of him from few days ago, looked about the same as before but may be 3-4kg heavier.

Do you have article or clip? I’m very impressed with his physic..he was the most ripped guy at Vegas and Rio and seeing him in person is even more crazy...

will search, saw him randomly on instagram when looking at some of the latest news. IMO, he is one of those who is on the gear :)

Thats why I was impressed that he passed all the piss test.. This guy is a true monster impressive. that some liquid does this to your body

Daaaaaaaaaaamn. Russia is ranked to medal in al but one weight...where they are ranked to miss by a match...but USA fans are chanting we're number one...

You do have to wrestle to win though, and I hope we can pull off another win like last year. 

Our world rankings at 79 are about as good as I've ever seen the USA stack up against Russia in terms of depth. That is encouraging for our future/systemic success. 

USA is indeed #1.  The fan base should cheer and celebrate them as world champions.    That team championship they won cements that.   I wouldn't relinquish that merely based on rankings.    Rankings are wonderful.   They in some cases can be somewhat accurate.      The team who wins the championship is #1 in all but few exceptions.        In this particular case, USA went out and won the world cup as well.     If not #1, what place should USA be chanting?

Interesting, too bad for the big man, I thought he was just dinged up. Didn't realize it was that serious. On the flip side, this could be good for the US. Kushkhov is probably their next best, and he's certainly no guarantee to be the rep. Regardless of who it is, there's a good chance they come away without a medal at heavy.

With that in mind, it's very possible that Russia doesn't medal at: 57kg, 74kg, 92kg (assuming Sadulaev is at 97kg), and 125kg. I realize that means potentially banking on Uguev, Tsabalov, Urishev, and Kushkhov to all miss the podium, which is unlikely, but if Russia comes away with 7 medals, we can match that without needing a perfect tournament.

Russia will medal at 74. They may medal at 92 without Sadulaev. 57 and now maybe heavy might be their weakest

Russia will medal at 74. They may medal at 92 without Sadulaev. 57 and now maybe heavy might be their weakest

Can somebody list Tsabalov's recent losses, I know JB and Chamizo, but I've noticed people are acting like he fell-off completely.