Sign in to follow this  
hammerlockthree

Just Saying...Colon definitely won match 2

i did not watch the match, but, if it happened as described, then it sounds like a definite 4-2... it is called like that to reward the aggressor of the initial action...

for the move to have been called a 4-0 for the chest wrap there would most definitely have to be a clear stop in motion

When you chest lock a guy, change his direction, take him over his head, and come out on top, its your points every time.

The only thing he didn't do was stop garret's motion, but he doesn't have to.

Yeah, except Colon didn't do two of the three things you said gets you points. Definitely locked around the chest though.

i did not watch the match, but, if it happened as described, then it sounds like a definite 4-2... it is called like that to reward the aggressor of the initial action...

for the move to have been called a 4-0 for the chest wrap there would most definitely have to be a clear stop in motion

this is exactly right.

and this is the way it was called.

colon did not win.

You guys are wrong. You don't have to stop the motion to make it your move, the drastic change of direction is enough. It's 4-0. 

The only reason people are glancing over it is that it was such a phenomenally dumb move on Garrets part that it just feels like a wash.

actually, every freco meet i have been to, that is the way it has been explained.

so no, they are not wrong.

I definitely don't think it should have been a 4-2 in favor of Colon.  Maybe a 2-2.  Yes Colon changed the direction, but he did not stop the momentum, and he did not lift.  (i.e. Dake). He used Nashon's momentum, change his direction and exposed him.  Nashan attacked from his feet (obviously), but colon was closer to being on his butt than on his feet with his chest wrap initiation.  If you watch Dake (amazing with the chest wrap) he gets his feet planted and firmly lifts his opponent off the mat.  Colon simply changed Nashan's direction exposing him beyond 90 degrees.  I don't know that I would have given Nashan 4 points either.  I would have gone 2-2. 

sorry charlie. 

tricks are for kids.

the points are 4 for the aggressor, feet to back and 2 for the guy taken down IF he exposes the other guys back. for it to be his points he must stop the shot and change the action (ala dake)

Edited by GockeS

It wasn't a lat drop gone bad. Colon exposed his own back to 4 garret he was the aggressor. 

The real scandal here is that we could go around all day, because to my knowledge, UWW and USAW don't put out any concrete versions of their rules. 

If you can cite some sort of rule beyond what I'm told at the ridiculous, undocumented rules updates before every tournament I'll admit defeat.

All this dissension over the scoring- by people who follow the sport closely- proves the point:  Inaccuracy and inconsistency leads to disinterest.

but i agree.

same for folk.

why doesn't 'what is a catch' kill the NFL?

All this dissension over the scoring- by people who follow the sport closely- proves the point: Inaccuracy and inconsistency leads to disinterest.

Do not make the mistake that just because someone posts on this BBS with manufactured authority that they actually follow the sport closely...