Sign in to follow this  
Tofurky

Division 1 Dual team Tournament Format for EVERY D1 Team

I like the idea but I don’t know about automatically qualifying ALL teams from the get go. An athletic director might look at a smaller wrestling program that is always knocked out in the first round by Penn State, Iowa, NC State, etc while not getting anyone to Nationals and say “why do we continue to fund this program?”

I understand where you're coming from, but I would like to believe that most ADs know where their teams stand in the grand scheme of each sport and do not need a tournament of this magnitude to tell them that information.

That said, with the first weekend being that only the two winners from each region move on, every other team is guaranteed at least two duals (and maybe more, if the coaches schedule them... though I am using my more of my kids level/high school mind on that one).

Wrestling's biggest problem is lack of media coverage.  There are tons of potential wrestling fans who don't follow the sport post-high school because it's almost non-existent to them.  This event has great potential and could attract a lot of attention if rightly timed and managed.  

Wrestling's biggest problem is lack of media coverage.  There are tons of potential wrestling fans who don't follow the sport post-high school because it's almost non-existent to them.  This event has great potential and could attract a lot of attention if rightly timed and managed.

If those fans who dont follow the sport post high school were to continue following the sport, would you consider that growth in the sport?

What are the viewership ratings for the B10 network for wrestling?