Housebuye

Taha Akgül is Coming to Train with Snyder for Worlds. Thoughts?

Taha and Kyle trained together and both gained tremendously. Taha is coming back for a short stint to prepare for worlds.

Do you think this is a problem, given the fact that he will possibly wrestle Gwiz? Maybe in the semis, which could be the difference between the team winning or losing the title

No. If Snyder was specifically game plannin against Gwiz it would be pretty messed up, but a lot of the very elite athletes from around the world, travel gym to gym, country to country, to train with the best partners, and get a different feel then what theyre used to.

The approach of, "hey let's not improve, becuase there is chance you might wrestle our guy" would be an extremely conservative way of thinking but I'm sure there are those people out there as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Edited by spladle08

Lots of ifs there

If Gwiz faces Taha

If Gwiz vs Taha happens in the semi finals

If the bout decides the team race

I wouldn't worry too much about all of that.   It's way too remote at this point.     I do like these guys moving around and looking for the best training situations.     Perhaps Gwiz shows up in Degastan with Sadulaev.   That would be interesting.   

I think it's great and what the heck, Taha already trained with Kyle at tOSU.

Also Kyle's been starting to break out a gut wrench here and there and it would be wonderful if Kyle continues to improve and master his top game. IMO, Taha is just about as good as anyone at transitioning from takedown to either a gut wrench or killer leglace, and at HWT no less!

It's not like he's bringing in Sharifov or something. A wrestler that Cox could actually beat but is a underdog to. Gwiz has 0 chance against Akgul and even Gwiz knows that. I think bringing him in can only be a positive for Snyder. 

Yeah, if you've watched their previous training videos, give a guy that much of a size advantage, with talent being equal, Snyder looked a little over-matched.

He said that, with all due respect to his training partners, he wants to be pushed in the room and Taha pushes him.

That’s WHY he wants him there.

His mentality is amazing

My only thoughts are God, I hope Snyder doesn't get hurt! Akgul is a big dude!

I thought about this also. Snyder said he wouldn't be wrestling guys as big as Coon anymore and here he goes again wrestling a guy about as big. Taha is a little lighter than Coon but more muscular. Snyder doesn't need this-he is a heavy favorite at 213 and could get hurt I agree. Taha is the favorite but could lose to Geno but he should win a close match. Gwiz did look great and I think he wrestles Taha better which means he might not get teched.  

Edited by PRyan2012

I hope all our wrestlers along with their coaches are bringing in talented wrestlers to train with, and that they all have great training programs that will help them reach their optimum potential for the World's come October.

Since we are looking at this from a conspiracy theory vantage point, I'm willing to play along on a surface level. This would require acknowledgement of the following:

After these sessions which would at least nominally improve the ability of both Akgul and Snyder, Kyle would be able to communicate information to Gwiz and his coaches that could help Gwiz achieve victory (I recognize the significant gap, but both are top-5 125 kg). Equally Taha could share insider technical secrets to, well... Nobody. Turkey does not have a 97 ranked in the UWW top 20.

I hope all our wrestlers along with their coaches are bringing in talented wrestlers to train with, and that they all have great training programs that will help them reach their optimum potential for the World's come October.

Agreed. From some of these posts in this thread, you would think Snyder was a 125lb jv wrestler training with a world champ heavyweight instead of the 213lb word champ he is himself. I’m glad Snyder is bringing in a bigger guy that will obviously push him and it’s good for Akgul as well as he’s rolling with an elite guy that can roll with big guys.

I realize we all want to see Snyder win 20 world and Olympic golds and never get injured but some posts in here worrying about him wrestling a heavyweight world champ for fear of him getting hurt(after he wrestled 3 seasons of college heavyweights in full out matches) just has me face palming

Agreed. From some of these posts in this thread, you would think Snyder was a 125lb jv wrestler training with a world champ heavyweight instead of the 213lb word champ he is himself. I’m glad Snyder is bringing in a bigger guy that will obviously push him and it’s good for Akgul as well as he’s rolling with an elite guy that can roll with big guys.

I realize we all want to see Snyder win 20 world and Olympic golds and never get injured but some posts in here worrying about him wrestling a heavyweight world champ for fear of him getting hurt(after he wrestled 3 seasons of college heavyweights in full out matches) just has me face palming

I'm sure he will take all the necessary precautions.  

973407.jpg

Edited by Billyhoyle

From all accounts, Akgul is a pretty cool guy on top of being one of the best pound for pound wrestlers in the world.  While Snyder faces the possibility of injury (just as he does training with Gwiz or Dglanev), you have far less chance of being injured wrestling a great wrestler who understands the game than an inexperienced guy who doesn't know how or when to break a hold or pull a punch.  The sport only grows when great wrestlers share knowledge and then pass down that knowledge to others.  Good for the sport and two great ambassadors for the game.

Well said, Coach J.   Kyle Snyder has a lot of obligations in his life...to himself, to his family, to his fans, and to his sponsors.  His obligations to Gwiz is near zero, and his obligation to USA wrestling is relatively minimal.  Also, Akgul spending time training in the U.S. is a win-win.