Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Fish

Grand Prix of Spain and Dogu

Man, what a bout. Completely exhausting to watch. Chamizo's defense is amazing. Burroughs has far more offense, but he will need to make adjustments on his finishes because Frank is a flat out freak.

What adjustments would you suggest coach?

9GKXqPFA_bigger.jpgGeorgi I. Ivanov‏ @BUL_Nightmare
FollowFollow @BUL_Nightmare
More

It was the right call. The call isn’t made until the continuation of the action is stopped. Therefore, since Chamizo threw Burroughs on his back, that’s a 4 point move. Even though it was after they stepped out.

georgi

if you get on this forum, please explain throwing on his back. JB was NEVER on his back.

Right now tayor or Dake may be our best, although they don't have the targets on their backs like Kyle or JB.  JB and Kyle are being actively scouted and practiced for.  That make it much harder.  Stayniig on top is much harder than getting there as most should know. Still, DT is wrestling tremendously. His match with the Iranian, should they meet, will be great. 

9GKXqPFA_bigger.jpgGeorgi I. Ivanov‏ @BUL_Nightmare
FollowFollow @BUL_Nightmare
More

It was the right call. The call isn’t made until the continuation of the action is stopped. Therefore, since Chamizo threw Burroughs on his back, that’s a 4 point move. Even though it was after they stepped out.

georgi

if you get on this forum, please explain throwing on his back. JB was NEVER on his back.

Can you actually see the details of that continuation?

Word from the USA coaching staff at #YasarDogu2018 is that David Taylor got a quick fall in the finals at 86 kg. Too bad we missed it if this is accurate.

??? USA wrestling tweet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, and none of his 4 matches were live-streamed successfully (or perhaps the first one was at 4 AM or so the first night).  Istanbul incompetence!

1. .@magicman_psu had four matches and scored four pins at the toughest pre-Worlds tournament of the summer. Amazing effort at #YasarDogu2018

0 replies7 retweets20 likes

Retweet

Word from the USA coaching staff at #YasarDogu2018 is that David Taylor got a quick fall in the finals at 86 kg. Too bad we missed it if this is accurate.

USA Wrestling Retweeted

Cat man Dave won by fall after a few eye pokes 2757.png

Yes, a few eye pokes.   I think one of them was a poke to the camera eye and that shut it down.   Should have been a caution and 10 points against Istanbul, Turkey for incompetence.

45]

9GKXqPFA_bigger.jpgGeorgi I. Ivanov‏ @BUL_Nightmare

FollowFollow

@BUL_Nightmare

More

Replying to @teaguemoore @USAWrestling

georgi

I’ve rewatched it a few times. I just don’t see how he was on his back. Continuation is a thing...but the move still has to happen

Yes, and none of his 4 matches were live-streamed successfully (or perhaps the first one was at 4 AM or so the first night).  Istanbul incompetence!

1. .@magicman_psu had four matches and scored four pins at the toughest pre-Worlds tournament of the summer. Amazing effort at #YasarDogu2018

0 replies7 retweets20 likes

Retweet

the USA is getting smart. they sabotaged it so no one can scout DT

Right now tayor or Dake may be our best, although they don't have the targets on their backs like Kyle or JB. JB and Kyle are being actively scouted and practiced for. That make it much harder. Stayniig on top is much harder than getting there as most should know. Still, DT is wrestling tremendously. His match with the Iranian, should they meet, will be great.

Taylor and Dake are not our best. Snyder and JB are. Cmon.

I’ve rewatched it a few times. I just don’t see how he was on his back. Continuation is a thing...but the move still has to happen

and it didn't

you can take fila out of wrestling, but you can't take wrestling from corruption

Mat B is mysteriously back up.   Maybe the Turkish propaganda ministers didn't want to show a dominant American performance, especially given the US is currently threatening to sanction Turkey.  Who knows.  Erdogan is an authoritarian thug.

Here's the pivotal last-minute sequence in Frank Chamizo's 10-10 win against Jordan Burroughs. #YasarDogu2018

0:00 / 0:20

0 replies3 retweets2 likes

Retweet

Direct message

they tweeted this but i can't get the video to play

i dont think its a different angle tho, so wouldn't probably help

Edited by GockeS