Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Fish

Grand Prix of Spain and Dogu

Taylor and Dake are not our best. Snyder and JB are. Cmon.

Lol Snyder losing to a guy he has struggled with in the past, and Burroughs losing to Chamizo, catapult the other 2 into "The Best" category, despite who they are wrestling.

Note, DT is wrestling like a murderer against quality guys but we all know YAZ is the test at that weight.

and Dake, beat Hasanov, cool.... So does every other american he wrestles.

DT and Dake are wrestling excellent, dont get me wrong, but don't drop Snyder or Burroughs an inch, based on those losses

Anybody know what time they're going to not stream Dake's match?

Ha.  Key word is "not".   Below are the times in Istanbul (7 hours ahead of EST):

Sunday, July 29

11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m Repechage (MFS 61 kg, 70 kg, 79 kg, 92 kg, 125 kg)

12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Bronze and Gold medal matches (MFS 61 kg, 70 kg, 79 kg, 92 kg, 125 kg)

What adjustments would you suggest coach?

When Burroughs has a single leg up in the air, Chamizo is going to turn in and funk when JB attempts to drive to the mat to secure the two.  There are ways to secure the two for the takedown without giving Chamizo a chance to work his insanity.  Also, on the edge, merely trying to push Chamizo out for 1 is not as easy as it sounds; he is very good at redirecting his opponent's motion and scoring.  JB can get to Frank's legs--securing the two, not so easy.  

When Burroughs has a single leg up in the air, Chamizo is going to turn in and funk when JB attempts to drive to the mat to secure the two. There are ways to secure the two for the takedown without giving Chamizo a chance to work his insanity. Also, on the edge, merely trying to push Chamizo out for 1 is not as easy as it sounds; he is very good at redirecting his opponent's motion and scoring. JB can get to Frank's legs--securing the two, not so easy.

Lol some guy in another board posted. I think if JB will finish his shots clean he can tech Chamizo next time....

I was like oh is it that easy :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I am glad JB lost that match. I think it makes it more likely for him to win at worlds. It's very tough to win three close matches in a row against someone like Frank Chamizo. With this result, JB knows he can/will beat him next time and it takes a bit of the pressure off and adds to his motivation.

i just looked at the staff of the NY RTC and can only assume it's cooperman, but the guy was blonde...

if you're trying to figure out Chamizo's corner, Coop is at the NYRTC in Ithaca, not the NYCRTC in Manhattan/Hoboken where Chamizo trains. also yeah Coop also isn't blonde, haha. 

Here's the pivotal last-minute sequence in Frank Chamizo's 10-10 win against Jordan Burroughs. #YasarDogu2018

0:00 / 0:20

0 replies3 retweets2 likes

Retweet

Direct message

they tweeted this but i can't get the video to play

i dont think its a different angle tho, so wouldn't probably help

Same camera. Obviously, can't see JB upper body. The two things I would note about whether it was 4.

1. The chair was right there with a full view of JB landing. He didn't hesitate putting up 4.

2. The one thing I can just barely see of JB upper body is his right arm. It was on Chamizo's left side of his head/neck. This means he was reaching back upon landing so was not completely belly down. I suspect he was just past 90.

I am glad JB lost that match. I think it makes it more likely for him to win at worlds. It's very tough to win three close matches in a row against someone like Frank Chamizo. With this result, JB knows he can/will beat him next time and it takes a bit of the pressure off and adds to his motivation.

Because he barely won on the ice-rink, and then lost their first match on a dry mat, he knows he "Will" beat him the next time out and it takes pressure off.....

With Chamizo already being the underdog, and then winning... i would assume it takes the pressure off him and piles it onto JB aka the FACE of USA wrestling, especially with DT/KD/and Snyderman, trying to take your shine.... dude has to be feeling tremendous pressure.

Edited by spladle08

Taylor is looking super sharp ... if only would could see him wrestle.  Magic Man is now Invisible Man.  Maybe his duck under is so good he actually disappears off the screen and mat only to pop up after appearing on the awards podium. 

Snyder finished with a tech, and agree, I think the loss does more harm than good for Burroughs.

Might light a little extra fire for Kyle though

Did Kyle wrestle and tech Sharifov? If so: WOW.  If not I'm still not worried. 

Taylor and Dake are not our best. Snyder and JB are. Cmon.

You read my post didn't you? I said staying on top is much harder.  Which is to say they are our best guys ,but the circumstances are different for the unproven guys.Taylor and Dake look like our best since they are killing guys. But they don't have to wrestle with such a massive target on their backs. 

edit: I guess I wasn't totally clear, but reading into my statement I say that what JB and Kyle are wrestling against are much harder circumstances.  Dake and Taylor have a signifacnt amount of motivation to prove themselves and it shows, but that will get much harder at Worlds for both, particularly after this tourney: all the other countrie are going to scout them hard on video now.  

Edited by Fishhook

I think we all knew Taylor and Dake where special talents.

The rest world is seeing there adjustment to freestyle, maturing, now how sick they both are. May be are 2 best guys in future. Still Burroughs and Snyder. Keep doing this they soon enter p4p for USA.

Edited by cangemi

You read my post didn't you? I said staying on top is much harder.  Which is to say they are our best guys ,but the circumstances are different for the unproven guys.Taylor and Dake look like our best since they are killing guys. But they don't have to wrestle with such a massive target on their backs. 

edit: I guess I wasn't totally clear, but reading into my statement I say that what JB and Kyle are wrestling against are much harder circumstances.  Dake and Taylor have a signifacnt amount of motivation to prove themselves and it shows, but that will get much harder at Worlds for both, particularly after this tourney: all the other countrie are going to scout them hard on video now.  

Damn, just responded to this but computer flipped out.

I guess it comes down to what we consider best.

Dake is dominating a non-olympic weight (like JG used to) with his best win being over Hasanov who is "ok" right.... and don't come at me with "Olympic bronze" non-sense, 100% draw related, hope the guy who beat me makes the finals and it would help if the other guys he beat aren't that good.... such a silly system.

DT is dominating an actual weight, obviously its missing a few people due to their being no YAZ or SAD up a weight, and has really obliterated everyone outside of Torreblanco, and obviously hasn't had the rematch with YAZ, so I can see an argument there, for being our "best" if you will, but I feel like you are going with your gut not your facts.

I'm just not getting the argument against JB or Snyder.

JB lost to world champion, unanimous top 5 p4p wrestler in the world, Chamizo by a score of 10-10

Who have Dake or Taylor even wrestled close to this caliber?

Snyder lost to a guy he is tied with in the series 2-2 and is an expert at keeping matches low scoring and edging the other guy out... Ramos-like except with more winning....

Does Salas getting the early 8pt lead and then losing on the ice-rink make you think less of Snyder ..... I mean despite his ability to come back from 8 down, to a world-class wrestler?

Did you think Snyder wasnt our best last time he lost to Albarov?

Do you think Dake beats Chamizo when he comes down for the Olympics.... will he even make our team?

DT still has to get past J'den as well....

I'm not hating on DT or Dake, in my post on the other thread I think they are both threats for the championship, but Dake has been crushing "Cans" as you would hope he would.

And DT has been crushing "second tier" (that feels like a bad way to say it) I mean I feel like there is Tieir 1- Yazdani, then a bunch of guys, hell even when Jden was there I said, he can beat any of these guys, until it comes to Yaz, I just don't feel its a genuinely deep weight as far as "Hammers" go... lots of "good" guys, one great guy, and DT may be inching into that great category. But let him win 1 before he becomes our best guy.

Stop with the circumstances and Targets on their back, they have both got a loss this weekend against quality competition, stop making it sound like they lost to unranked nobodies who came off the street.

I'd also want to see Taylor's matches...he is just crushing these world class wrestlers like chickens...what is going on? :)

I bet he mangles Naifonov again from Russia, only interesting opponent for Taylor is Yazdani. 

Taylor may be the best wrestler in the world right now. His attacks are so varied, he is actually hard to get scouted properly.

JB/Chamizo was just crazy...again...Chamizo is too hazardous to win 74kg imo though at the worlds...JB will edge him but I feel it will be neither who is the champion

Did Kyle wrestle and tech Sharifov? If so: WOW.  If not I'm still not worried. 

looks like Sharifov forfeited out after losing to Alborov in the first round 1-0. in the repecharge it says Alborov lost to Yidlirim by "dec 0-0". however, in the other rep bracket Ibragimov is listed as a FF, so go figure.