Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Fish

Grand Prix of Spain and Dogu

What’s your point...?

He won the event, just like every other world and Olympic tourney he entered.

My point is someone will beat you at some point.  Reinoso beat Smith twice the last few times they wrestled. Smith still won worlds.  But as a Smith fan back then I was mortified and quite worried about Reinoso after the first time he beat John. At some point the best get beat. Who really cares if its earlier in the season?

Turkey 3 is tough, but he's had trouble with Turkey 2 and Turkey 1.  Totally dominated Turkey 4 and Turkey 5, though.

Rumor is that Turkey 6 is a sly Tofurkey who uses the Duck Under to a Chicken Wing in order to pin human opponents

Well I am pretty bummed that SnyderMan lost to Alborov. But honestly I have been worried about him for a while now. I even posted about this same thing after his Beat the Streets match with the Cuban. I am not sure what the deal is, I am wondering if he's gone away from certain things, or have some guys started to figure him out a little, or worst case scenario is that he's kind of got sidetracked with all his other activities. Anyway. I hope he eveserates whoever he wrestles for the Bronze. I am also bummed that I lost the feed last night so I missed his match. Hopefully someone can post a link, hint hint.

snyder has always taken losses here and there in his international career... he has stated many times wins and losses are not the end goal, rather, it's becoming a better wrestler... he has/is... 

chicken little can run around, but, i am unconcerned... 

So I'm guessing the only access to Yasar Dogu matches is during live competition on trackwrestling, if you get the stream?

No archives of today's matches? Even if you're a paid trackwrestling UWW member?

UWW website has the results with a video link to the matches, but there is no video available.   :(

So I'm guessing the only access to Yasar Dogu matches is during live competition on trackwrestling, if you get the stream?

No archives of today's matches? Even if you're a paid trackwrestling UWW member?

UWW website has the results with a video link to the matches, but there is no video available. :(

The feed is free, although the UWW streaming was non existent.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

So I'm guessing the only access to Yasar Dogu matches is during live competition on trackwrestling, if you get the stream?

UWW website has the results with a video link to the matches, but there is no video available.   :(

I looked for archive matches on TrackWrestling (where I have a subscription) and couldn't find any.  I also looked on the UWW site and couldn't find any.   I'm hoping they videotaped the matches and will release them later even though nothing was successfully streamed except apparently the first session (very late at night EST, CST and PST zones).

The biggest question for many is:  is the UWW (Track, Istanbul, Turkey) going to have a working livestream feed on Saturday?

And, if not, are they going to tell us why?   Is it Turkey's fault?  If so, punish this repressive authoritarian regime by not allowing a major tournament to be there.  If not, what is the cause?  Why was there no backup plan?  It's like waiting in an airport or on the tarmac for takeoff and the airlines withholding information for hours and hours.  Inform your viewers (travelers).   Take responsibility.  We live in an age when everyone tries to take credit for good things and avoids responsibility for the bad things. 

Finally, kick some ass if there was human or corporate or government error or negligence.  Credibility is on the line.  Plenty of people want to support and follow wrestling; don't undermine the interest.  

Wtf is Suleymanov doing up at 86kg?

I can tell you in one word - STEROIDS! Having taken them myself, I know what to look for. I thought he was on them when he wrestled Mark Hall and lately my suspicions have moved to a near certainty. The poster who said he seems to have everything physically, you are right. But he's missing the part above the shoulders. I would be stunned if he ever won a significant title. At either the junior world for the under-23, while wrestling for a bronze medal, he was up like 8-0 when he got stuck by a wrestler from one of the Stans. Mentally he'll never get to the elite level.

Bultrikov with a backflip counter to Gwiz single but Gwiz follows and scores. 8-0. Gwinz gets an angle off a sprawl and finished with a near cradle into just a takedown to win 10-0. 

Edited by TripNSweep

So...Stieber, green, jden and Snyder underperformed. Nahshon lost too, but we weren’t counting on him winning anything at worlds

Hopefully this is a peaking issue, and not something else.

At least Dake and Taylor look like serious contenders so far

The losses of J'Den and Green were remarkably similar. Both controlled the majority of the match, didn't capitalize or didn't catch a break when they could have widened the gap. Then, shut down their offense with 2 minutes left and looked like they had nothing left in the tank. Disappointing but glad these types of matches are happening before Worlds. 

Nahshon is a different story. Looked like he got "out freestyled" but showed glimpses of incredible wrestling. If he gets a good draw at worlds and tightens up some of his freestyle deficiencies, he could medal. The world is tough though, and I put him and Logan as least likely to medal at worlds.

Gwiz and Dake look great so far. With the way they're wrestling, I'd be surprised if they both do not wrestle for medals at Worlds. I'm especially impressed with Gwiz-he seems to have added significant size and is so effective in his leg attacks. 

The losses of J'Den and Green were remarkably similar. Both controlled the majority of the match, didn't capitalize or didn't catch a break when they could have widened the gap. Then, shut down their offense with 2 minutes left and looked like they had nothing left in the tank. Disappointing but glad these types of matches are happening before Worlds. 

Nahshon is a different story. Looked like he got "out freestyled" but showed glimpses of incredible wrestling. If he gets a good draw at worlds and tightens up some of his freestyle deficiencies, he could medal. The world is tough though, and I put him and Logan as least likely to medal at worlds.

Gwiz and Dake look great so far. With the way they're wrestling, I'd be surprised if they both do not wrestle for medals at Worlds. I'm especially impressed with Gwiz-he seems to have added significant size and is so effective in his leg attacks. 

Gwiz's defense looked very good. He was able to counter and score twice in his quarterfinals match.