Sign in to follow this  
Swayz

Heavyweight DI

White put on a solid 25 lbs last year in his move up.  He either used the steroids already or didn't need them.  I was shocked how a guy that short who once made 184 could look like a decent sized heavyweight.  I think he is plenty strong and only runs into trouble with the tallest heavyweights who have a frame he can't match no matter how big he gets.

I think you are 100% in your assessment. He amazed me with how much muscle he put on. He doesn't wrestle "like a HWT" either, which is a big plus. I'd like to see him AA before he graduates.

I think you are 100% in your assessment. He amazed me with how much muscle he put on. He doesn't wrestle "like a HWT" either, which is a big plus. I'd like to see him AA before he graduates.

Guys like Stoll and the Hofstra Heavyweight were just too tall/big framed for him.  And he was competitive with Snyder even though he couldn't stay on the mat and kept getting pushed out.  That was all of his losses.  Hughes twice, Stoll in the dual, and Snyder.  I think he's got a chance to beat any heavy who doesn't just size him out of the match, and with all the guys who graduated Stoll is the only guy that big.  I think he's a likely AA and potential finalist.  

Guys like Stoll and the Hofstra Heavyweight were just too tall/big framed for him. And he was competitive with Snyder even though he couldn't stay on the mat and kept getting pushed out. That was all of his losses. Hughes twice, Stoll in the dual, and Snyder. I think he's got a chance to beat any heavy who doesn't just size him out of the match, and with all the guys who graduated Stoll is the only guy that big. I think he's a likely AA and potential finalist.

Nevills is pretty big

I want to see White against Mason Paris

Nevills is pretty big

I want to see White against Mason Paris

Nevills is big but not like Stoll or Hughes.  I think Nevills is the definite favorite over White but not because of a bad matchup, just because he's better.  Paris will be very interesting.  From what I can remember of him as a prep guy he is a great athlete with a great double.  I think that favors White stylistically.  Even Snyder had a hard time scoring shots on White, the dude is a brick house with a very low stance for a heavy, and solid athleticism and a great go behind.  Shooting on him is generally not a great gameplan.  You can beat him by holding him down if you're really good on top (that's what Weigel did when he was at 197), but not many heavies have that top game.  I'd guess White will have a few guys he struggles with because of size, and a half dozen where it can go either way.  

Strong talk from various PSU fans on various facebook wrestling groups that Nevills is done wrestling. Unconfirmed, yet to validate or repudiate, rumor has it that he had a final surgery and that was it.

Interesting. Is it safe to assume that Cassar would man 285 if this is true ?

Strong talk from various PSU fans on various facebook wrestling groups that Nevills is done wrestling.  Unconfirmed, yet to validate or repudiate, rumor has it that he had a final surgery and that was it. 

Why's he quitting? I didn't hear about any injuries, last I heard he was finishing 5th at NCAAs.

If Dhesi does come back fully motivated(or even comes back at all), I think he runs away with the weight.   However, the size of that "if" remains to be seen.

I think I would favour a healthy Dhesi over anyone returning at this weight.  I would love to see how Dhesi matches up against Gable S.  I would not be surprised to see Dhesi win a close match early in the season but I expect Gable's improvement will be dramatic throughout next year.  I think by March 2019 Steveson will be the favourite.