Sign in to follow this  
Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Russian nationals moved up

As a geography teacher I’m sure the Aegean Sea was a much smarter option than going to the Aral Sea. Congratulations on the degree and enjoy the trip.

But I'm sure there are more pirates in the Aegean than in the Aral Sea. 

Edited by TripNSweep

@Jaroslav,

This is the published link with the draws: http://www.wrestrus.ru/media/content/files/67a1d2b479982f8daa6bb604a448a658.pdf

Baytsev/Sad can only meet in the finals at 97kg.

For 57kg, its Uguev vs. Muslim Sadulaev in match 1 :)

I don't see the draw for 70kg, 79kg, 92kg, 120kg.

Perhaps Geduev and Ramonov will be in those classes, as they are not in the current ones.

Georgi Gogaev (he beat Snyder at Jr Worlds) and Sadulaev can meet in round 2 of 97kg.

There is also Gazaaev in the Sad side. His matches 2 and 3 don't look easy.

Baytsev is very determined to beat Sad, after the Euro win. Also, Baytsev is now being built as finally coming of age, becoming confident, and superior to Sad physically, and with a chip on his shoulder. So he is capable of causing a surprise is the thinking. He is very confident and does *not* want to lose his 97kg spot after so much work and finally winning at 97kg.  This is a classic Ossetia vs. Dagestan rivalry now. 

Sad will have his hands full, especially with the additional pressure where winning by 1 point is not enough and the fact some coaches increasingly see him (and his coach) as being quite hard headed for going to 97kg and not staying at 86kg because Sad does not like cutting weight or taking supplements. Sad's walking weight is still around 93kg or so. It remains unclear why Sad insists on going to 97kg instead of 86kg.

Edited by wfan24

It remains unclear why Sad insists on going to 97kg instead of 86kg.

I say part of it is wanting another crack at Snyder. Another part maybe showing the Russian Association he controls his career path even though they would rather see him at the other spot. I’m sure a weight change may still occur in an Olympic year depending on how the next couple years of competition goes.

Edited by MadMardigain

I say part of it is wanting another crack at Snyder. Another part maybe showing the Russian Association he controls his career path even though they would rather see him at the other spot. I’m sure a weight change may still occur in an Olympic year depending on how the next couple years of competition goes.

Sad is a freak of wrestling at 86 kg. Virtually unbeatable.

He doesn't have the same look at 97 kg.

It's that simple.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Edited by cjc007

Why downplay someone who wants to give their all to push for the world's top P4P? Of course he may look vulnerable going up 24.3 pounds, and that is if he can max out BEFORE his opponents regain their weight. But do not slight someone who is taking on such a monumental challenge. Russian, American, Atlantis, doesn't matter, the man is going for a higher goal and that should be praised (until Snyder beats him in the finals again).

Edited by bnwtwg