Two reasons people skip Fargo/Freco:

1) Many of the top high school programs are wrestling folk year round.

2) Politics have corrupted some state organizations. It has become all about the money.

Both of these play on the other.

That's a shame.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

don't worry, fargo is still very well attended... the brackets are still big... the competition is still very good... it still is huge to win... it still means something to AA... it is still the one tourney in this country that college coaches all turn out for to keep an eye on who is doing what...

Cassioppi is a good kid and loves to wrestle. I have had a few conversations with him and he is level headed and down to Earth. 

I'm sure he's a good kid, I wasn't trying to disparage his character in any way.  Was just commenting on in-match antics. 

Edited by steamboat_charlie

I have seen one maybe questionable headbutt in a Cass match. What other 'antics' are you referring to?

Are you talking Billy George in-match assaults? Or Derek St. John 'going to do a million little things to get under your skin so you forget you are supposed to wrestle' type tactics?

I have seen one maybe questionable headbutt in a Cass match. What other 'antics' are you referring to?

Are you talking Billy George in-match assaults? Or Derek St. John 'going to do a million little things to get under your skin so you forget you are supposed to wrestle' type tactics?

Nothing crazy, just the usual.  Extracurricular shoves on the edge, holding the head down on the mat getting up after a whistle, that sort of thing.  

You're probably referencing the match against Steveson in the Junior WTT challenge finals with the headbutt.  Never a good look.  Even worse when you're in the process of getting teched.  

Yeah that was poor form from cass vs steveson. I have said before, true character is shown more in times of adversity than times of success. I'm sure cass is not used to being on the receiving end of ass whoopings like that and hopefully it's not repeated in the future.

Tbar is thinking "man Cassioppi is pretty damn good after all. I should probably stop talking down on him just because he will be a Hawkeye. His stock is certainly rising"

No, I am not thinking that. Additionally, never talked down on Cass. Thirdly, you are dodging the question. You claimed to know what Mason Parris is thinking (like you believe to know what I am thinking). Well, how do you know what Mason Parris is thinking? You are not a mind reader, so how do you know? Did you see him interviewed or quoted, or you just making crap up? 

No, I am not thinking that. Additionally, never talked down on Cass. Thirdly, you are dodging the question. You claimed to know what Mason Parris is thinking (like you believe to know what I am thinking). Well, how do you know what Mason Parris is thinking? You are not a mind reader, so how do you know? Did you see him interviewed or quoted, or you just making crap up?

Dude you need to take a break from this forum. Get yourself a hobby. Hell just go outside even. Realize there is more to life than themat.com forums

Very happy for Carson Kharchla.  He was NOT ALLOWED to compete until he was about 12--he spent years drilling and learning the sport before ever being allowed into tournaments. He did not finish his first two seasons of high school wrestling because of injury; in fact, there was very serious question whether he would ever wrestle again. As a junior, he QUIT CUTTING WEIGHT, jumping from 138 pounds all the way to 170, the weight he took the Ohio State Division I title at last year. Carson has done everything the right way and completely earned his success.

Very happy for Carson Kharchla. He was NOT ALLOWED to compete until he was about 12--he spent years drilling and learning the sport before ever being allowed into tournaments. He did not finish his first two seasons of high school wrestling because of injury; in fact, there was very serious question whether he would ever wrestle again. As a junior, he QUIT CUTTING WEIGHT, jumping from 138 pounds all the way to 170, the weight he took the Ohio State Division I title at last year. Carson has done everything the right way and completely earned his success.

Glad you brought that up. Carson is a very deserving young man who has been working for quite awhile. Happy he finally got to show his stuff after suffering a possible career ending injury a few years back. He jumped several weights but was still able to show his skills. Edited by MadMardigain

Very happy for Carson Kharchla.  He was NOT ALLOWED to compete until he was about 12--he spent years drilling and learning the sport before ever being allowed into tournaments. He did not finish his first two seasons of high school wrestling because of injury; in fact, there was very serious question whether he would ever wrestle again. As a junior, he QUIT CUTTING WEIGHT, jumping from 138 pounds all the way to 170, the weight he took the Ohio State Division I title at last year. Carson has done everything the right way and completely earned his success.

This kid won a stacked weight class and made himself lots of money this weekend. Colleges have to be lining up for the guy.

Who else made a big jump?

Dude you need to take a break from this forum. Get yourself a hobby. Hell just go outside even. Realize there is more to life than themat.com forums

You post on at least three different message boards, complaining all the time on at least two of them, WildTurkey. You have really have no leg to stand on telling anyone to go outside.

You picked a fight here, WildTurkey, and are offended that you got challenged to support a claim you can't defend. Face it, you simply got caught and are lashing out.

Edited by TBar1977

Coach_J, on 17 Jul 2018 - 7:36 PM, said:

https://www.flowrestling.org/events/6143885-marines-cadet-junior-national-championships/videos?playing=6226438&limit=60

You post on at least three different message boards, complaining all the time on at least two of them, WildTurkey. You have really have no leg to stand on telling anyone to go outside.

You picked a fight here, WildTurkey, and are offended that you got challenged to support a claim you can't defend. Face it, you simply got caught and are lashing out.

Picked a fight? Come on man! What is your screen name on BWI?

Love the interview.  In an age of trash talk and mindless rudeness, great to see a young man who is articulate, polite, thoughtful, respectful, and self-effacing. A true champion and role model.

I was most impressed with the O'Toole kid out of Wisconsin. He has some outstanding defense and I think he was only a sophomore (going to be junior) winning the junior division pretty decisively.  I thought I hear them say he was planning on attending Missouri.  After watching him I could see why with his style.  With Eireman doing a lot of the work with their freestyle program they would be a good coach / athlete combination for the international level. When you look at wrestlers like Askren, Eireman, and Cox who have all had success, the O'Toole kid seems to be a good fit for that program.  Plus Missouri doesn't really get a lot of attention for their regional program, but they have been represented quite a bit and done well.  In the last several years they have had Askren and Cox (both Olympians), and also Eirman (currently 3rd on the ladder), Dom Bradley, Marable (JB's first loss), and Alan Waters.  Coach Johnston also trained there some, but was more of a Hawkeye product.