2 Lawsuits filed against Ohio State

By former wrestlers, about Dr Strauss

https://www.thelantern.com/2018/07/ohio-state-faces-second-class-action-lawsuit-pertaining-to-doctors-alleged-sexual-abuse/ - currently only on behalf of 1 wrestler from 1982-1984

https://www.thelantern.com/2018/07/lawsuit-filed-against-ohio-state-alleging-university-knew-of-doctors-sexual-abuse/ - on behalf of 4 wrestlers (sounds kinda like DiSabato and crew - although this one does not name Jim Jordan and the other one does, but lawyers for both have said they intend to call him as a witness - https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/jim-jordan-ohio-state-700578/)

Edited by 1032004

I would be the first in line to want to crush anyone connected to the type of crap they are saying happened but given who is filing this and given their track record it feels like a hit job for Jordan to try to limit his power. I will wait for the entire fact pattern to come out as that law firm is connected to some seriously shady things. 

I would be the first in line to want to crush anyone connected to the type of crap they are saying happened but given who is filing this and given their track record it feels like a hit job for Jordan to try to limit his power. I will wait for the entire fact pattern to come out as that law firm is connected to some seriously shady things.

Who do you think is the one filing the first lawsuit that attended from 1982-1984?

Ohio State has also issued a statement saying over 100 students have alleged abuse by Dr Strauss.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2018/07/20/ohio-state-over-100-allege-sexual-abuse-doctor-richard-strauss/807699002/

I'm calling bull$hit on all these guys. I checked all the Ohio State rosters back to 1970 and couldn't find a single wrestler named John Doe.

John Doe is well known, within the Stadium Dorm Alumni Association.  He's a good fella, that John Doe.    

Edited by stp

It's embarrassing that my first thought wasn't how many victims would have been saved if this knowledge did exist, and the "good ole boys hadn't swept it under the mat.  I read there has now been 7 ex-wrestlers come forward and say that he definitely knew.  With each one, his plausible deniability dwindles. 

Congressman Jordan is a hero to conservatives like me.  Maybe that's why my first thought was that this was a strong message to those who persist in trying to incriminate Rosenstein and or Hillary.  I mean, how can a man defend whether he knew something or not from 28 years ago?  Character assassination is a powerful tool.  He seemed likely to be the next Speaker when Paul Ryan steps down.   Not so likely now.  Sad at many levels.  If true, he loses my respect, if false, his credibility will be destroyed by the time this is over anyway.

Edited by Peso

It's

embarrassing that my first thought wasn't how many victims would have been saved if this knowledge did exist, and the "good ole boys hadn't swept it under the mat. I read there has now been 7 ex-wrestlers come forward and say that he definitely knew. With each one, his plausible deniability dwindles.

Congressman Jordan is a hero to conservatives like me. Maybe that's why my first thought was that this was a strong message to those who persist in trying to incriminate Rosenstein and or Hillary. I mean, how can a man defend whether he knew something or not from 28 years ago? Character assassination is a powerful tool. He seemed likely to be the next Speaker when Paul Ryan steps down. Not so likely now. Sad at many levels. If true, he loses my respect, if false, his credibility will be destroyed by the time this is over anyway.

First of all, Jordan was not likely to be the Speaker, he was a long shot.

Secondly, I do not agree or support what is happening to Jordan. However, Jordan himself is guilty of crazy conspiracy theories and has attempted character assisination himself. But, two wrongs do not make a right.

Do we know what any of the other asst. coaches of other sports knew? Do we even know their names? Does anyone even care to report on that?

I forgot, this is all about Jim Jordan.

What do you expect?  People to care about a coach long retired into anonymity or an active politician?  Be realistic.

Jordan certainly isn't shy about grandstanding and holding other people's feet to the fire in a very public way.  This is the other side of that coin, nothing more and nothing less.  

What do you expect? People to care about a coach long retired into anonymity or an active politician? Be realistic.

Jordan certainly isn't shy about grandstanding and holding other people's feet to the fire in a very public way. This is the other side of that coin, nothing more and nothing less.

So, in other words, they are targeting Jim Jordan. Got it.

I'm an old guy, and I couldn't whip cream with a blender, but if this Dr had done what he is accused of to my child, there would be a pretty good chance I'd get life in prison.  If adults on watch were allowing this to happen, it may have been multiple charges.

I'm an old guy, and I couldn't whip cream with a blender, but if this Dr had done what he is accused of to my child, there would be a pretty good chance I'd get life in prison. If adults on watch were allowing this to happen, it may have been multiple charges.

Wow, calling out parents of victims. Classy.

Hasn't Hellickson already admitted he knew and told his superiors like he was supposed to?  If Hellickson knew this was going on how didn't Jordan?  I think that's why people are mad at him, because he's denying he ever saw or knew anything about this when the facts say otherwise. He would have had to be deaf, dumb and blind to not know. As it usually is, lying about stuff is worse than the actual thing itself. If Jordan had just admitted he knew about it, told Hellickson and that Hellickson handled it (like he says he did) then what does he have to worry about? It sounds a lot worse to just flat out deny it and have everybody step up and call you a liar.