2 Lawsuits filed against Ohio State

I'm an old guy, and I couldn't whip cream with a blender, but if this Dr had done what he is accused of to my child, there would be a pretty good chance I'd get life in prison.  If adults on watch were allowing this to happen, it may have been multiple charges.

Everyone is a tough guy in the hypothetical world. 

I hope you would stand up for yourself, but abuse occurs because abuse works. Abuse makes people ashamed and usually silences people. If it didn't do this, it would never occur more than once. 

Jordan knew.  He cannot ever be believed.

Regardless of your political affiliation, when Jordan was asked if he thinks Trump lies he clearly said "NO"!  Really.... "No"?

Again, regardless if you like or hate Trump, to not be aware that he lies constantly, and this has been proven over and over again... just shows that Jordan cannot be trusted at all.

He knew what was going on with the good Dr. and did nothing.  He deserves what he gets for the duplicitous, crooked, deceptive, and guileful behavior he has exhibited for years.

Check out his "HONESTY" at 4:00. He should be ashamed, but of course, if you have no morals, you can't be.

Tbar had an observation on one of the deleted threads that I thought made sense.

I won't call this paraphrasing, but I think it captures the apparent logic: Total denial is his best option. Any acknowledgement opens the door to criticism of real things, and it will come hard if he admits knowing anything. Hard evidence proving that he's lying is going to be really hard to find from that time, so he might as well deny it. 

Again, I don't think that captures Tbar's sentiment, but I think it describes the logic of denial. 

I'm deciding to not believe that he knew that there was "abuse" as it would have been described 30 years ago. He must have known that something wasn't quite right, though. Also, I get why he's denying any knowledge, and I don't blame him for stonewalling it. I'd respect him more if his initial response was, "Hellickson and I talked about it, and he reported it up the chain." It puts it all on Hellickson, which is the landing pad that tOSU will be examining anyway. Instead of being straightforward, he's being a lawyer and politician.  

Hellickson has denied knowledge of sex abuse. He knew about creepy voyeurism and the doc being creepy.

He also allegedly confronted the doctor for being "too hands on" with the athletes. 

That might have been "creepy" in 1985, but after Nassar, those descriptions will never again be so vague.

Everyone is a tough guy in the hypothetical world. 

I hope you would stand up for yourself, but abuse occurs because abuse works. Abuse makes people ashamed and usually silences people. If it didn't do this, it would never occur more than once. 

Wrestlers are tough guys. But it doesn't take a tough guy to pull a trigger.

Edited by TobusRex

Regardless of your political affiliation, when Jordan was asked if he thinks Trump lies he clearly said "NO"!  Really.... "No"?

Again, regardless if you like or hate Trump, to not be aware that he lies constantly, and this has been proven over and over again... just shows that Jordan cannot be trusted at all.

He knew what was going on with the good Dr. and did nothing.  He deserves what he gets for the duplicitous, crooked, deceptive, and guileful behavior he has exhibited for years.

Check out his "HONESTY" at 4:00. He should be ashamed, but of course, if you have no morals, you can't be.

This was my initial point w/ this guy. When you're willing to take such a ridiculous stance it shows that you have no problem w/ lying. We live in a world where people in power can make inane comments and never be held accountable, maybe this horrible situation will signal a change.

That is politics. Ask Nancy Pelosi if Obama ever lied and she'd act as if he were a choir boy. Hell, she thinks MS 13 gang bangers are filled with "streaks of divinity." She actually said that. 

Edited by TBar1977

Tbar had an observation on one of the deleted threads that I thought made sense.

I won't call this paraphrasing, but I think it captures the apparent logic: Total denial is his best option. Any acknowledgement opens the door to criticism of real things, and it will come hard if he admits knowing anything. Hard evidence proving that he's lying is going to be really hard to find from that time, so he might as well deny it. 

Again, I don't think that captures Tbar's sentiment, but I think it describes the logic of denial. 

I'm deciding to not believe that he knew that there was "abuse" as it would have been described 30 years ago. He must have known that something wasn't quite right, though. Also, I get why he's denying any knowledge, and I don't blame him for stonewalling it. I'd respect him more if his initial response was, "Hellickson and I talked about it, and he reported it up the chain." It puts it all on Hellickson, which is the landing pad that tOSU will be examining anyway. Instead of being straightforward, he's being a lawyer and politician.  

You are not that far off. I am guessing that before all this blew up DeSabato pestered Jordan via e mail and Jordan blew him off in such a way that boxed him in. In response to your following post, I am guessing everyone knew the doctor was creepy. I am also guessing that none of them understood what he was doing to be illegal. That standard just didn't exist in their minds at the time otherwise someone would have gone higher up, perhaps even straight to law enforcement.

I believe Jordan probably heard about creepiness but had no idea about sex abuse. The press will kill him no matter what he says, because HE is and has been their target all along. They don't give a crap about anyone else. 

I understand reality is optional today and facts an endangered species, but instead of parroting favorite left/right-wing propaganda sites, could we at least try to make some effort to represent the truth: https://www.factcheck.org/2018/05/trumps-and-pelosis-immigration-spat/ 

So factcheck only targets people in the news?  People like Jim Jordan are targeted?  Got it.

Look - it is obvious that Jordan lied about the truthfulness of Trump. In a similar effort, he denied knowledge of "anything" at tOSU...which also does not pass the smell test (especially given Hellickson's comments). In a similar vein, Bill Clinton said that he "did not have sexual relations" with Lewinski. That as it turns out, was a game of wordsmithing - Clinton lied. So, Clinton lied (and was impeached for those lies). So, Jordan has demonstrated his ability to lie even in the face of significant evidence to the contrary. Whether someone wants to call it abuse, or poor behavior, etc., that's not the point. The point is that a high ranking public official is lying. It doesn't matter which party affiliation the politician has - he is lying. Dismissing it by saying "all politicians lie" doesn't change the fact that he is lying...and lying on the public's dime is not a good look - not for a president, not for any elected representative.

Giving them a pass because "everybody does it" is weak and stupid.

So factcheck only targets people in the news?  People like Jim Jordan are targeted?  Got it.

All kinds of bull$hit, misinformation, and specious claims are checked by many different sources, right, left, center.  "People in the news" spread a lot of this--you'd be amazed.  Attacking the site doesn't refute its observation.    And "people not in the news" are pretty inconsequential because, get this, they're "not in the news" and nobody hears what they say.

I do think Jordan is probably lying here, but I don't think the "he's a liar because he lied when he said Trump didn't lie" argument really holds much water.  If I was in a TV interview and asked if my boss or boss's boss or boss's boss's boss's boss or whatever lied, I sure as heck wouldn't say they lie either.

So, in other words, they are targeting Jim Jordan. Got it.

They are going after Jordan because he's a lightning rod. They know the story will get more traction if you attach a "celebrity" to it.

They are going after Jordan because he's a lightning rod. They know the story will get more traction if you attach a "celebrity" to it.

Of course they are. Chester the Molester is dead, so let's try and bring down that Congressman over there! Why? Because we can! Plus, it's fun!

I do think Jordan is probably lying here, but I don't think the "he's a liar because he lied when he said Trump didn't lie" argument really holds much water. If I was in a TV interview and asked if my boss or boss's boss or boss's boss's boss's boss or whatever lied, I sure as heck wouldn't say they lie either.

The way our government is set up, the President is most definitely not the boss of congress. They are checks and balances on each other. That makes the weird obsequiousness to the current president grotesque.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jordan is in it because DiSabato, Yetts and Coleman are  broke and needed their "BFF" Jordan ,to lie for them to gain substance to their get rich quick scheme.  

News media are in it because they do not support  Jordan for picking on their corrupt deep state hero(s)and will make up anything to bring him and Trump down.

Radical Liberals are in it because Jordan told their hero  (and corrupt reporter) a lie and it brings him down to the level of all their role models.

Keep up the good work Jimmy,   the rats are scattering...lovin it!!!!

The Wall Street Journal today has a short piece that wonders why Jordan would have encouraged his relatives to attend tOSU if he thought it was a den of "abuse".  

The more interesting part of the article notes that the law firm (Perkins Cole) hired by tOSU to investigate the allegations against the doctor is the same law firm that facilitated the payment from the Democratic National Committee and Clinton campaign to the group that assembled the discredited "Trump" dossier that was used in seeking the improper surveillance warrants.

http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/perkins_coie_hired_company_that_compiled_trump_dossier_on_behalf_of_clinton/

Unlikely that that particular firm is going to do anything other than attempt to inflct some primary or collateral damage on Jordan.  

The Wall Street Journal today has a short piece that wonders why Jordan would have encouraged his relatives to attend tOSU if he thought it was a den of "abuse".  

The more interesting part of the article notes that the law firm (Perkins Cole) hired by tOSU to investigate the allegations against the doctor is the same law firm that facilitated the payment from the Democratic National Committee and Clinton campaign to the group that assembled the discredited "Trump" dossier that was used in seeking the improper surveillance warrants.

http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/perkins_coie_hired_company_that_compiled_trump_dossier_on_behalf_of_clinton/

Unlikely that that particular firm is going to do anything other than attempt to inflct some primary or collateral damage on Jordan.  

spot on...

Im sure just a coincidence....lol

I do think Jordan is probably lying here, but I don't think the "he's a liar because he lied when he said Trump didn't lie" argument really holds much water.  If I was in a TV interview and asked if my boss or boss's boss or boss's boss's boss's boss or whatever lied, I sure as heck wouldn't say they lie either.

One does not have to lie in that scenario, at the very worst, just say "No comment." At the very best, just say "I would refer you to the White House representatives for a response. Personally, the President does not clear his public statements through my office." It would have been easy to avoid this whole crap storm.

And yes, some are chasing Jordan because of who he is and his position. Many others (without political affiliation) are merely offended by his statements - that is possible, you know. I would think the appropriate thing would be to focus on what was said and who said it, instead of trying to shift the focus to those crying "foul."

The way our government is set up, the President is most definitely not the boss of congress. They are checks and balances on each other. That makes the weird obsequiousness to the current president grotesque.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Well I still wouldn’t say it about the elected leader of my company who has checks and balances in place. Edited by 1032004