Powerline

Alleged Ohio State Disabato video

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/05/us/ohio-state-sexual-abuse-allegations-video/index.html 

How did this tidbit get by us about the perpetrated video NBC and CNN have. So now it's not like he made a video for

his own story but, it was part of his company...

"The video was produced in June by former OSU wrester Mike DiSabato's company Combat Athlete Coalition, he told CNN. The company represents the collective interests of former college athletes in matters of compensation and safety issues."

Also interesting how the media is now scrubbing some of Disabato's and Yett's statements that clearly indicate they 

both said that they never knew of themselves, told, or reported to Jordan of any "alleged sexual abuse". Also scrubbed, but

on video is where Disabato has also claimed that while his nutsack may have been fondled for some time, he was quick to brush

off and say "but...there was no sexual activities...".  

If that it the case then, still trying to figure Disabato's motive, if he was not abused.  $$$$

Edited by Powerline

If that it the case then, still trying to figure Disabato's motive, if he was not abused.  $$$$

Mike D is a well known douche bag, plus his side of the D family has a history of jealousy towards the Jordan's.  

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/05/us/ohio-state-sexual-abuse-allegations-video/index.html

How did this tidbit get by us about the perpetrated video NBC and CNN have. So now it's not like he made a video for

his own story but, it was part of his company...

"The video was produced in June by former OSU wrester Mike DiSabato's company Combat Athlete Coalition, he told CNN. The company represents the collective interests of former college athletes in matters of compensation and safety issues."

Also interesting how the media is now scrubbing some of Disabato's and Yett's statements that clearly indicate they

both said that they never knew of themselves, told, or reported to Jordan of any "alleged sexual abuse". Also scrubbed, but

on video is where Disabato has also claimed that while his nutsack may have been fondled for some time, he was quick to brush

off and say "but...there was no sexual activities...".

If that it the case then, still trying to figure Disabato's motive, if he was not abused. $$$$

The shortened video of him fake "crying" has been on YouTube for a while.

Yes, but more of a douchebag than Jordan? That's the question....

DeSabato probably joked about Strauss back in the day, but is looking for a payoff today. The guy is a walking, talking lawsuit. The definition of someone you hope to never cross paths with.

I imagine it all went down something like this:  

Setting:  A couple of old tOSU wrestlers are sitting at a bar knocking down some cold ones and watching Sports Center.  The newscast reports that MSU will be paying out $500 million to victims of Nassar's abuse.

Wrestler 1:  "Wow!  That's a lot of green.  Those gals are going to be set for life now."

Wrestler 2: "Yep, they sure are.  Say, you know what...that Nassar guy kinda reminds me of 'ole Doc Strauss."

Wrestler 1:  "Oh yeah, I remember how we used to laugh about the way he'd ogle us in the shower and try to feel our nuts during physicals.  Of course, back then we all just thought of him as a harmless old homo.  Besides, he knew we'd knock hell out of him if he tried anything like Nassar did to those girls."

Wrestler 2:  "True enough, but - the more I think about it - maybe we can piggy-back on this Nassar deal and get a payday too.  Tell you what:  I'll check on the statute of limitations.  You read up on the symptoms that victims of sexual abuse exhibit.  Then, we'll meet back here in the bar next week and shoot the $hit some more."

Wrestler 1:  "Sounds good.  Hell, I'm beginning to think we might be able to pull this off.  With a little practice, we should be able to generate some crocodile tears that'd look just like the real tears of those little gymnasts."

Stay tuned...

Edited by HurricaneWrestling

Setting:  A couple of old tOSU wrestlers are sitting at a bar knocking down some cold ones and watching Sports Center.  The newscast reports that MSU will be paying out $500 million to victims of Nassar's abuse.

Wrestler 1:  "Wow!  That's a lot of green.  Those gals are going to be set for life now."

Wrestler 2: "Yep, they sure are.  Say, you know what...that Nassar guy kinda reminds me of 'ole Doc Strauss."

Wrestler 1:  "Oh yeah, I remember how we used to laugh about the way he'd ogle us in the shower and try to feel our nuts during physicals.  Of course, back then we all just thought of him as a harmless old homo.  Besides, he knew we'd knock hell out of him if he tried anything like Nassar did to those girls."

Wrestler 2:  "True enough, but - the more I think about it - maybe we can piggy-back on this Nassar deal and get a payday too.  Tell you what:  I'll check on the statute of limitations.  You read up on the symptoms that victims of sexual abuse exhibit.  Then, we'll meet back here in the bar next week and shoot the $hit some more."

Wrestler 1:  "Sounds good.  Hell, I'm beginning to think we might be able to pull this off.  With a little practice, we should be able to generate some crocodile tears that'd look just like the real tears of those little gymnasts."

Stay tuned...

I have always been impressed with your imagination!

but why the personal attack on the Jordan's?

Yes, but more of a douchebag than Jordan? That's the question....

You can either like or dislike the Jordan's, but they've always stood for what they valued.    The DiSabato's are a large family.   You have good sides, and a questionable side.

The dislike and jealousy of the Jordan's, goes back before Mike D.  Possibly failed attempts at tOSU coaching positions, failed businesses and overall not as much success on the mat could all be answers to the question.....?  

Why haven't we heard from the other A.D boys who wrestled at tOSU back then?    Only the one with all the legal trouble...?

Edited by stp

Do they hate the Dernlans too then?

None of the Dernlans ever coached or wrestled for Ohio State.   Plus, when your dad is a Pastor....

Protestants stick together.

edit -  I can't remember for sure if one of the Dernlan brothers were ever on staff at tOSU, for a short stint while Jim Jordan was there.     Even so, that would have been after any of the DiSabato's were at tOSU.  

The fact Mike D even mentioned JJ's real business in this discussion, makes the entire story stink.

Edited by stp

It’s hard to watch that video and not be disgusted by Russ Hellickson. How can he say on video that he knew of the abusive environment and brought the issue to the administration, and then release a written statement saying he knew nothing?

It’s the job of a coach to stand up for his athletes. On that video it sounds like he did at the time, but in his written statement he throws them under the bus.

Setting: A couple of old tOSU wrestlers are sitting at a bar knocking down some cold ones and watching Sports Center. The newscast reports that MSU will be paying out $500 million to victims of Nassar's abuse.

Wrestler 1: "Wow! That's a lot of green. Those gals are going to be set for life now."

Wrestler 2: "Yep, they sure are. Say, you know what...that Nassar guy kinda reminds me of 'ole Doc Strauss."

Wrestler 1: "Oh yeah, I remember how we used to laugh about the way he'd ogle us in the shower and try to feel our nuts during physicals. Of course, back then we all just thought of him as a harmless old homo. Besides, he knew we'd knock hell out of him if he tried anything like Nassar did to those girls."

Wrestler 2: "True enough, but - the more I think about it - maybe we can piggy-back on this Nassar deal and get a payday too. Tell you what: I'll check on the statute of limitations. You read up on the symptoms that victims of sexual abuse exhibit. Then, we'll meet back here in the bar next week and shoot the $hit some more."

Wrestler 1: "Sounds good. Hell, I'm beginning to think we might be able to pull this off. With a little practice, we should be able to generate some crocodile tears that'd look just like the real tears of those little gymnasts."

Stay tuned...

This is called denial/rationalization. Do you feel the same about victims of the Catholic Church/Sandusky? How about those abused by Cosby? And if you are going to say the wrestlers were adult men, just look at the prison system where sexual abuse is rampant among adults. Over 100 people have come forward across various sports.

Disabato is not a sympathetic character, that I agree with. However, there are 99 other ppl. Hellickson describes the environment on video. I wonder if that abuse impacted Disabato’s character-often victims of sexual abuse suffer from mental issues for the rest of their lives. The prison system is filled with them.

It’s hard to watch that video and not be disgusted by Russ Hellickson. How can he say on video that he knew of the abusive environment and brought the issue to the administration, and then release a written statement saying he knew nothing?

It’s the job of a coach to stand up for his athletes. On that video it sounds like he did at the time, but in his written statement he throws them under the bus.

Dare I say, times were different in the 80's?    This is the positive of internet and today's instant media, it makes these types of abuses less able to be ignored by decision makers.   Everyone has a camera.  

Edited by stp

Dare I say, times were different in the 80's? This is the positive of internet and today's instant media, it makes these types of abuses less able to be ignored by decision makers. Everyone has a camera.

I agree, which makes it even more strange that he stood up for his athletes at the time by speaking directly to Strauss and the administration, but now releases a statement saying he knew nothing.

I could absolutely understand something along the lines of what you described: “the actions we observed could today be described as abuse but at the time we were unsure. Knowing what we know now, we would have done more.” Instead he says he knew nothing (even after saying on video that he knew!).

Edited by Billyhoyle

Disabato is not a sympathetic character, that I agree with. However, there are 99 other ppl. Hellickson describes the environment on video. I wonder if that abuse impacted Disabato’s character-often victims of sexual abuse suffer from mental issues for the rest of their lives. The prison system is filled with them.

Since we are throwing names around......

Adam DiSabato 4 X OHSAA State Placer, 2 X State Champion 

4 X NCAA Qualifier, 3 X NCAA All American 

Former Captain of Ohio State University Wrestling Program 

Member of the Ohio State Athletic Hall of Fame 

Third Place in the Olympic Trials 

Andy DiSabato 2 X OHSAA State Placer, 1 X State Champion 

3 X NCAA Qualifier, NCAA All American 

Member of the Ohio Wrestling Hall of Fame 

Third Place Olympic Trials 

Why haven't we heard from these D boys?  Seems the successful D boys were not affected, as much.

Edited by stp

Since we are throwing names around......

Adam DiSabato 4 X OHSAA State Placer, 2 X State Champion

4 X NCAA Qualifier, 3 X NCAA All American

Former Captain of Ohio State University Wrestling Program

Member of the Ohio State Athletic Hall of Fame

Third Place in the Olympic Trials

Andy DiSabato 2 X OHSAA State Placer, 1 X State Champion

3 X NCAA Qualifier, NCAA All American

Member of the Ohio Wrestling Hall of Fame

Third Place Olympic Trials

Why haven't we heard from these D boys? Seems the successful D boys were not affected, as much.

Wasn't andy an asst. coach at OSU?

Didn't mention him in lawsuit.

I agree, which makes it even more strange that he stood up for his athletes at the time by speaking directly to Strauss and the administration, but now releases a statement saying he knew nothing.

I could absolutely understand something along the lines of what you described: “the actions we observed could today be described as abuse but at the time we were unsure. Knowing what we know now, we would have done more.” Instead he says he knew nothing (even after saying on video that he knew!).

Yup.  Who knows....what you say on video tape is not enough to hold one accountable.  Look at our President.   

Edited by stp

I’m not sure why his brothers haven’t come forward publicly. The details of the investigation haven’t been released yet.

What I did just see today though is the head coach on video directly contradicting his written statement, describing his actions to stop the abuse of his wrestlers.

I think it is imperative that Hellickson explain the discrepancy.

Edited by Billyhoyle