Powerline

Alleged Ohio State Disabato video

Yea...adult men having their package juggled by the doctor...that’s me, I’d punch the fellow in the face. But these guys kept going back? Guess they liked it.

A very quick and efficient way to not only 1) lose your scholly but also 2) get jail time for assault and battery!

Yup.  Who knows....what you say on video tape is not enough to hold one accountable.  Look at our President.   

Are you talking about the current president or the one that said he had never had sexual relations with that women when pointing his finger at the American Public?

Yea...adult men having their package juggled by the doctor...that’s me, I’d punch the fellow in the face. But these guys kept going back? Guess they liked it.

Saying this to Mark Coleman sounds like a very effective way of getting punched in the face.  

None of the Dernlans ever coached or wrestled for Ohio State.   Plus, when your dad is a Pastor....

Protestants stick together.

edit -  I can't remember for sure if one of the Dernlan brothers were ever on staff at tOSU, for a short stint while Jim Jordan was there.     Even so, that would have been after any of the DiSabato's were at tOSU.  

The fact Mike D even mentioned JJ's real business in this discussion, makes the entire story stink.

I was just kinda throwing that out because the Dernlans were the family but the brothers didn't have any kids to add to the trophy case. I used to roll around with Tim Dernlan pretty often 

One thing I want to know is I thought Jeff was more the face of the Jordan brand now and that Jim and Jeff aren't totally in lock-step. I am assuming that based on the Bo-Isaac dynamic.  I don't see how attacking Jim effects Jeff per se.   And I know Dom and other DiSabatos and coached with Dom. Never, ever did I hear a bad word about Jim Jordan from him.  So it seems to be between Mike and Jim and not so much the families.  I just think its a little more complicated and I definitely think that this will indeed muddy up the waters for really catching the real criminals. I mean the doctor is dead and they are worrying about this other dynamic and not really even trying to dig any deeper. Red Herring used to be a word for this thing. 

I also should add I was part of the first Jordan clubs in 92 or 93 and drove an hour to Urbana which is where it was first held. I love the Jordans too.  And I know and like Adam and Dom D. Never met Mike somehow. I do feel bad if he really was abused.  That doesn't make vindictive behavior okay though.  And I still think this whole thing stinks and much deeper than politically. 

Are you talking about the current president or the one that said he had never had sexual relations with that women when pointing his finger at the American Public?

I think he is talking about the current president rather the one from twenty years ago.

Sure, OK.  Getting a hummer in the oval office is exactly the same.    

If you say so.

Or George “WMD” Bush?

Or George “WMD” Bush?

I heard George Washington didn't actually chop down the cherry tree. I guess he set the standard for a long running list of lying prezs.

This is called denial/rationalization. Do you feel the same about victims of the Catholic Church/Sandusky? How about those abused by Cosby? And if you are going to say the wrestlers were adult men, just look at the prison system where sexual abuse is rampant among adults. Over 100 people have come forward across various sports.

Disabato is not a sympathetic character, that I agree with. However, there are 99 other ppl. Hellickson describes the environment on video. I wonder if that abuse impacted Disabato’s character-often victims of sexual abuse suffer from mental issues for the rest of their lives. The prison system is filled with them.

Yes, Hellickson described the environment on video - and USA Today also reported that he said the following:

Hellickson said he was aware Dr. Richard Strauss made the athletes "uncomfortable" and he brought it up with the doctor directly. Hellickson has said that at the time, neither he nor Jordan had any idea that Strauss was abusing students and “if we’d have known it we’d have said something.” Jordan has denied allegations that he knew of claims of sexual abuse.

In a phone interview with USA TODAY Monday, Hellickson said he told Strauss that some of the athletes were "uncomfortable" with him showering with them and that the doctor responded that Hellickson also showered with the athletes. â€œI said, 'Not for an hour, Doc,'” Hellickson said.

And the Chicago Tribune reported that DiSabato stated the following:

DiSabato said he never spoke up about Strauss while he was at the university because he didn't consider it abuse and because he didn't want to jeopardize his wrestling career.  He said Strauss' behavior was an open secret among wrestlers, who would snicker when a new teammate headed into his first exam with Strauss.

The above reports agree that neither Hellickson, Jordan, nor DiSabto viewed Strauss's actions at the time as "abuse."  Apparently, however, DiSabato finally realized he'd been abused - but not until  immediately after the $500 million MSU settlement made the news. Merely a coincidence?  Not IMO.

Edited by HurricaneWrestling

Yes, Hellickson described the environment on video - and USA Today also reported that he said the following:

Hellickson said he was aware Dr. Richard Strauss made the athletes "uncomfortable" and he brought it up with the doctor directly. Hellickson has said that at the time, neither he nor Jordan had any idea that Strauss was abusing students and “if we’d have known it we’d have said something.” Jordan has denied allegations that he knew of claims of sexual abuse.

In a phone interview with USA TODAY Monday, Hellickson said he told Strauss that some of the athletes were "uncomfortable" with him showering with them and that the doctor responded that Hellickson also showered with the athletes. â€œI said, 'Not for an hour, Doc,'” Hellickson said.

And the Chicago Tribune reported that DiSabato stated the following:

DiSabato said he never spoke up about Strauss while he was at the university because he didn't consider it abuse and because he didn't want to jeopardize his wrestling career.  He said Strauss' behavior was an open secret among wrestlers, who would snicker when a new teammate headed into his first exam with Strauss.

The above reports agree that neither Hellickson, Jordan, nor DiSabto viewed Strauss's actions at the time as "abuse."  Apparently, however, DiSabato finally realized he'd been abused - but not until  immediately after the $500 million MSU settlement made the news. Merely a coincidence?  Not IMO.

Ding! Ding! We have a winner.

DiSabato has been walking a fine line of the victim. Inferring abuse, but then quickly saying, in a dismissive homophobic manner, things like "but there was no sex or b.j....'

To much bad history with OSU to make him credible, like the lawsuits, apparel sales issues of licensing his employers products in the name of his own side company,

and a generally aggressive litigious business operation style.   Have no issue with what others might claim.

I’m not sure why his brothers haven’t come forward publicly. The details of the investigation haven’t been released yet.

What I did just see today though is the head coach on video directly contradicting his written statement, describing his actions to stop the abuse of his wrestlers.

I think it is imperative that Hellickson explain the discrepancy.

He addressed perceived creepiness; ask your wife, being creepy is not abuse. 

That is not telling them to recant; there are other texts in that conversation not being shown, I wonder why. I have no problem with this 

statement from Russ "“If you think the story got told wrong about Jim, you could probably write a statement for release that tells your story and corrects what you feel bad about. I can put you in contact with someone who would release it.”

He is asking them to tell the truth. 

That is not telling them to recant; there are other texts in that conversation not being shown, I wonder why. I have no problem with this

statement from Russ "“If you think the story got told wrong about Jim, you could probably write a statement for release that tells your story and corrects what you feel bad about. I can put you in contact with someone who would release it.”

He is asking them to tell the truth.

Yeah I don’t see much of an issue with what Hellickson said via text (other than saying “keep on believing!” twice, wtf?), but if true, Hellickson saying “I will defend Jimmy until I have to put my hand on the Bible, then he’s on is own” is pretty damning IMO.

As is Jordan’s team essentially admitting to pressuring people to back his statements.

Edited by 1032004

Yeah I don’t see much of an issue with what Hellickson said via text (other than saying “keep on believing!” twice, wtf?), but if true, Hellickson saying “I will defend Jimmy until I have to put my hand on the Bible, then he’s on is own” is pretty damning IMO.

I wouldn't put too much credence in anything that Dunyasha Yetts attributed to Hellickson - unless it was confirmed by Russ or a recording, etc.  (Note: Not saying you are necessarily taking Yetts at his word as you did say "if true.")

I wouldn't put too much credence in anything that Dunyasha Yetts attributed to Hellickson - unless it was confirmed by Russ or a recording, etc.  (Note: Not saying you are necessarily taking Yetts at his word as you did say "if true.")

Exactly, the two star witnesses are a known felon who cheated out his best friends, and a future felon

Am I the only person who noticed that the person who put Mr. Hellickson in his phone misspelled "Hellickson"?

Looking at the texts, they both appear to write at about a third grade level. Quality tOSU education right there.

Looking at the texts, they both appear to write at about a third grade level. Quality tOSU education right there.

I take how people write in texts as no indication as to how people write in real life. In fact, I consider people who type in complete sentences on their phones to be pretty weird.

Wait, I just called myself weird, didn't I!