Powerline

Alleged Ohio State Disabato video

Baloney. If Jordan said he heard the innuendo they would say he knew and did nothing. As things stand, one democrat in Congress has called for a Congressional investigation. That is political and only happens because people stand behind it. You may not look at it this way, but your comments, npope, prop up the antics of that type of congressional talk. So Jordan can't win in some circles. Whether he heard locker room talk or not, this scandal isn't going to waste when they can try to bring down Jordan. Bringing down Jordan seems more important to many journalists than what Strauss did. Your comments support that type of reporting. Mine stand against it, and I am happy to stand against that kind of yellow journalism.

Baloney. Excuse the double negative but they didn’t do nothing back then. Hellickson addressed Strauss directly and complained to the administration about the environment in Larkins Hall (which Jordan also denied being an issue by the way). Maybe they could have done more but it was addressed based on the knowledge they had at the time - which is why Hellickson isn’t being criticized. He was interviewed by several reporters so they most certainly did want to hear from him about Strauss.

If Jordan admitted to at least hearing the locker room talk then the story wouldn’t be about him as much as it is. Sure, maybe there’d be a few democrats criticizing his lack of action but that wouldn’t be the prevailing opinion. His involvement is a story because he’s a public figure. Politics is what made him a public figure, but the story has little to do with his actual politics IMO.

It is your opinion only that he lied. Your prejudice against makes you blind to any real conversation on this unfortunately. JMO

Is it really prejudice to presume that an assistant coach would know what the head coach knows in a situation such as this? Really? Is this something that you think Hellickson would NOT have shared with the coaching staff? The assumption that the head coach would share this kind of information with the assistants is what you would call prejudice? I hope you respond. 

Baloney. Excuse the double negative but they didn’t do nothing back then. Hellickson addressed Strauss directly and complained to the administration about the environment in Larkins Hall (which Jordan also denied being an issue by the way). Maybe they could have done more but it was addressed based on the knowledge they had at the time - which is why Hellickson isn’t being criticized. He was interviewed by several reporters so they most certainly did want to hear from him about Strauss.

If Jordan admitted to at least hearing the locker room talk then the story wouldn’t be about him as much as it is. Sure, maybe there’d be a few democrats criticizing his lack of action but that wouldn’t be the prevailing opinion. His involvement is a story because he’s a public figure. Politics is what made him a public figure, but the story has little to do with his actual politics IMO.

you are exactly right. they chose him, and not the AD at the time or hellickson, b/c they aren't public figures and jordan is.

You just said it. 1. They didn't do nothin and 2. Hellickson addressed it based on the knowledge they had at the time.

So what does this tell you about the information they had at the time? It tells me that wrestlers might have felt creeped out, but nothing of a criminal nature.

you are exactly right. they chose him, and not the AD at the time or hellickson, b/c they aren't public figures and jordan is.

The story first broke in April, and that’s when the investigation started. Back then DiSabato actually named the AD as a problem, saying that he had given him a thesis on a related subject.

The only reason Jordan got involved was because DiSabato wanted to get the story more traction (yes, I’m sure his ultimate goal is/was a settlement but to do so he wanted the story about Strauss to get out). He reached out to Jordan to see if he would back up his statements. Reportedly, Jordan’s response was to “leave him out of it” (side note - if he really didn’t think anything was going on, shouldn’t he have said “I’m sorry Mike, I can’t help you as I never thought there was an issue”?). It wasn’t until then that DiSabato started calling out Jordan in hopes of getting the story more press (which worked of course).

You just said it. 1. They didn't do nothin and 2. Hellickson addressed it based on the knowledge they had at the time.

So what does this tell you about the information they had at the time? It tells me that wrestlers might have felt creeped out, but nothing of a criminal nature.

That was probably the prevailing opinion and most of what the coaches likely knew about, yes, although of course there have been credible reports of actual abuse as well.

And again, if Jordan admitted to knowing that the wrestlers were creeped out, this wouldn’t be that big of a story.

The story first broke in April, and that’s when the investigation started. Back then DiSabato actually named the AD as a problem, saying that he had given him a thesis on a related subject.

The only reason Jordan got involved was because DiSabato wanted to get the story more traction (yes, I’m sure his ultimate goal is/was a settlement but to do so he wanted the story about Strauss to get out). He reached out to Jordan to see if he would back up his statements. Reportedly, Jordan’s response was to “leave him out of it” (side note - if he really didn’t think anything was going on, shouldn’t he have said “I’m sorry Mike, I can’t help you as I never thought there was an issue”?). It wasn’t until then that DiSabato started calling out Jordan in hopes of getting the story more press (which worked of course).

does it matter what jordan said?

you just proved my point... Disabato pursued jordan b/c he knew the press would love to attack jordan. for what he has become.

not in the context of whats been happening.

he said leave me out of it...

that's nothing like: i know nothing. or I didn't know. or anything of the like.

he was pulled in b/c disabato wanted the national media to run with it.

not in the context of whats been happening.

he said leave me out of it...

that's nothing like: i know nothing. or I didn't know. or anything of the like.

he was pulled in b/c disabato wanted the national media to run with it.

He is part of the situation simply because he was there and held a position with responsibility. He is a very prominent person so he is going to get throughly vetted. His celebrity and sketchy comments move it from the back page of St paris times to the front page of the ny times. Nothing unexpected here.

no, you missed the posts before... what moved it was disabato calling him out specifically AFTER the AD and hellickson, whom he decided weren't going to generate enough headlines.

and im still not sure how he, as an asst, is the responsible one, hellickson knew and did something about it.

the attacks should be moving UP the food chain, not down.

Well Mark Coleman just reversed course on the issue....

'A former Ohio State wrestler on Thursday seemingly reversed course on an earlier claim that Republican Rep. Jim Jordan was aware of instances of alleged sexual abuse against students by a team doctor while he was a wrestling coach at Ohio State University.

Mark Coleman released a statement, via a public relations company, in which he sought to clear up “comments attributed to him that were not accurate or were misconstrued by media outlets.”

The company that provided the statement is the one hired by Jordan's campaign to respond to the claims.

“At no time did I ever say or have any direct knowledge that Jim Jordan knew of Dr. Richard Strauss’s inappropriate behavior,” Coleman was quoted as saying in the statement. “I have nothing but respect for Jim Jordan as I have known him for more than 30 years and know him to be of impeccable character.” '

'A former Ohio State wrestler on Thursday seemingly reversed course on an earlier claim that Republican Rep. Jim Jordan was aware of instances of alleged sexual abuse against students by a team doctor while he was a wrestling coach at Ohio State University.

Mark Coleman released a statement, via a public relations company, in which he sought to clear up “comments attributed to him that were not accurate or were misconstrued by media outlets.”

The company that provided the statement is the one hired by Jordan's campaign to respond to the claims.

“At no time did I ever say or have any direct knowledge that Jim Jordan knew of Dr. Richard Strauss’s inappropriate behavior,” Coleman was quoted as saying in the statement. “I have nothing but respect for Jim Jordan as I have known him for more than 30 years and know him to be of impeccable character.” '

Was this before or after Hellickson got him on the phone and told him that he could change his story?

The company that provided the statement is the one hired by Jordan's campaign to respond to the claims.

Days after Jordan’s team admitted to asking people to retract their statements? No, that’s not fishy at all...

Coleman also said that Mike D. doesn't speak for him. His words were even sharper than that. Coleman is distancing himself from Mike D. 

no, you missed the posts before... what moved it was disabato calling him out specifically AFTER the AD and hellickson, whom he decided weren't going to generate enough headlines.

and im still not sure how he, as an asst, is the responsible one, hellickson knew and did something about it.

I don't think I missed anything. Hellickson and all the others retired into anonymity long ago. Strauss committed suicide years ago. Everything Jordan does is on primetime news. Of course his celebrity is being used to publicize this. He mishandled it badly, that is on him. Also, the actual investigation is independent of the news and social media. Edited by Plasmodium

I agree, DiSabato likely brought Jordan into it because it would generate more headlines. But it generated headlines because Jordan is a celebrity, not simply because he’s a politician. I think he just wanted the story to get more headlines because he wanted a better chance at a settlement with tOSU, not because he wanted to launch some sort of attack on Jordan because he felt he was “responsible.” He probably thought Jordan would actually tell the truth to the press which would give DiSabato a better chance at a settlement. And if that happened (assuming Jordan’s position is that the coaching staff addressed the issue), the story wouldn’t have stayed in the headlines about Jordan specifically, and more likely would have more actually been about the abuse.

DiSabato started at the top of the food chain with the AD but that didn’t work. And remember he already had Hellickson on video essentially agreeing with him that there was an issue.

Not even talking about Strauss, was Jordan also oblivious to the Larkins Hall issue? Pretty much everyone else seems to agree that there was a lot of gross stuff going on there, yet all Jordan said was “yeah it had a big shower area.”

http://dailycaller.com/2018/08/09/wrestler-recants-jim-jordan/

Tried finding this in one of the unbiased MAJOR NEWS networks, but nothing...

Also does not sound like him and DiSabato are BFF any longer

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/former-osu-wrestler-who-accused-rep-jim-jordan-ignoring-abuse-n899416

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/08/09/us/coleman-interview-jim-jordan-ohio-state-abuse/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

Still, Coleman’s new comments don’t totally contradict with his old ones. Even in his initial statement, he never said that he told Jordan directly or that Jordan knew of “abuse,” just that he had to have known at least about the locker room talk simply because everyone did. His revised statement doesn’t really deny that, and in fact in the CNN article he added a comment still suggesting that Jordan heard the locker room talk.