Powerline

Alleged Ohio State Disabato video

Reports surfacing that DiSabato may have paid Coleman $2000 to make initial statement

https://www.mediaite.com/columnists/after-taking-a-deep-dive-into-the-jim-jordan-ohio-state-controversy-here-are-some-conclusions/

Nothing would surprise me.

I just dont get the fake news media saying Hellickson was pressuring wrestlers to recant.  Yetts is the one who texted Hellickson first and in part said it shouldnt be about Jordan  but he couldnt understand why Jordan was denying.  Then Hellickson replied saying if Yetts felt the message about Jordan was wrong, he could get him in touch with someone.  Doesnt sound too pressuring to me. 

All this other crap about pressuring  from Jordan appears to be hearsay.

It would be interesting to see Disabatos texts between him and Yetts and Coleman.  Wonder how much he offered Yetts.  f there is a case of extortion brought against Disabato these would come out.  Seems to me he was threatening if Ohio State didnt do the right thing (monetary)  he was taking it public.  

If they only have spoken to 100 accusers so far, it will be well into 2020 before they get to finish talking to the other 1400 (minimum) victims.

I don’t follow this kind of stuff, so it’s confusing. Near as I can figure; there was this creepy, crotchety team doctor fumbling around a junk yard. And there were these 20-something aged, alpha wrestlers in a locker room, in the 80’s. Not too difficult to ascertain who was about to get severely abused if things got froggy. So, if so many said they knew that he knew… then they knew. Seems like somebody might have said STOP instead of HOLD IT!

Edited by OKnowwhut

I don’t think Hellickson was pressuring him.

But Jordan’s team admitted to asking people to release statements backing him.

To ask people who know you well to release statements of support is a bad thing because.....

Jordan was a low level asst. coach back then. Far less important than Hellickson, the AD, or school president. The wtestlers who now claim abuse did not even say abuse back then. How this falls on a low level coach is a complete mystery.

Edited by TBar1977

Jordan was a low level asst. coack back then. Far less important than Hellickson, the AD, or school president. The wtestlers who now claim abuse did not even say abuse back then. How this falls on a low level coach is a complete mystery.

Because a "low life" brought him into it.

I tend to side with the opinion of tbar and Idaho on this topic based on the facts that are known today by the public.  I am sure there are many other facts that are not known that would be very important in one making their opinion but those may never come to light.

Side note...I also think it is funny how some claim to be unbiased about their view point and claim it isn't political when everything they write is exactly the definition of it.  To me that is such a weak argument and really shows lack of debate integrity.  If you lean one way or the other politically just freakin say it.  I lean back and forth politically on a lot of issues but will have no problem saying that I am siding with the right no this issue or I am siding with the left that issue...who cares...what should matter is the content of your argument or debate.

By the way npope...sorry bud but what YOU wrote was asking tbar to no longer post here...can't argue and try to spin your way out of it buddy.

I tend to side with the opinion of tbar and Idaho on this topic based on the facts that are known today by the public. I am sure there are many other facts that are not known that would be very important in one making their opinion but those may never come to light.

Side note...I also think it is funny how some claim to be unbiased about their view point and claim it isn't political when everything they write is exactly the definition of it. To me that is such a weak argument and really shows lack of debate integrity. If you lean one way or the other politically just freakin say it. I lean back and forth politically on a lot of issues but will have no problem saying that I am siding with the right no this issue or I am siding with the left that issue...who cares...what should matter is the content of your argument or debate.

By the way npope...sorry bud but what YOU wrote was asking tbar to no longer post here...can't argue and try to spin your way out of it buddy.

Thx BigBrog. I know many see it, but few say it as well as you.

To ask people who know you well to release statements of support is a bad thing because.....

Well as I said I don’t think Hellickson was “pressuring” DiSabato and Yetts, but if Yetts’ quotes are to be believed, Jordan was certainly “pressuring” Hellickson.

Edited by 1032004