Powerline

Alleged Ohio State Disabato video

56 minutes ago, tbert said:

Guess if offended you, it pertains to you

So you cant even answer the question? You actually just posted a couple generalizations about things you relate with the left in hopes that it would possibly make someone mad? Thats pretty douchie.

7 hours ago, GockeS said:

if the video of disabato mocking strauss on the team bus is real... why didn't they say something then?

why are they blaming jordan?

oh yeah...

Because when he was asked if he knew anything, he lied. You dont see anything wrong with suppressing the story?

5 minutes ago, russelscout said:

So you cant even answer the question? You actually just posted a couple generalizations about things you relate with the left in hopes that it would possibly make someone mad? Thats pretty

Quit bothering me, im attempting to murder an innocent deer with my AR 15, before one of your mentors attempts to deprive me.

Edited by tbert

5 minutes ago, tbert said:

Quit bothering me, im attempting to murder an innocent deer with my AR 15, before one of your mentors attempts to deprive me.

So you do the exact same thing. I actually really used to enjoy hunting. No longer do because other hobbies took priority. What else ya got? 

6 hours ago, Martini said:

Below from POLITICO article.

The report — produced for the school by the law firm Perkins Coie — found that Richard Strauss, a longtime doctor for Ohio State athletic teams, sexually abused at least 177 male athletes from 1979 to 1996.

When the scandal broke last year, Jordan — a national champion wrestler who later became an assistant coach for the Ohio State wrestling team — adamantly denied having had any knowledge of the allegations against Strauss. Jordan was an assistant coach from 1986 to 1994.

But several wrestlers insist Jordan knew, directly or indirectly, about Strauss' behavior, and he was named in lawsuits against the university. Other wrestlers told POLITICO they were regularly harassed in their training facility by sexually aggressive men who attended the university or worked there and that Jordan and other coaches did nothing to stop the behavior.

However, Friday's report states investigations "did not identify any contemporaneous documentary evidence that members of the OSU coaching staff, including head coaches or assistant coaches, received or were aware of complaints regarding Strauss sexual misconduct."

Yet the report also notes that athletes said they openly discussed Strauss' behavior in front of the coaching staff, and 22 coaches "confirmed to the Investigative Team they were aware of rumors and/or complaints about Strauss, dating back to the late 1970s and extending into the mid-1990s."

As always, it'll be the cover up that gets him.  He should just come clean, said he knew about, and made a huge mistake in not bringing attention to the issue  (a mistake shared by many, many people). The story would die within days, move along, nothing to see.

Jordan has changed, and has become a political animal. He's become his own biggest fan, total swamp creature. He wasn't like this when he was first elected back in 2006.  I think Washington has that effect on people, imo.

Edited by WRfan1
misspelling

1 minute ago, WRfan1 said:

Jordan has changed, and has become a political animal. He's become his own biggest fan, total swamp creature. He wasn't like this when he was first elected back in 2006. 

You are right. It seems like he is in so deep now and completely unable to step back and look what is going on. 

1 hour ago, WRfan1 said:

As always, it'll be the cover up that gets him.  He should just come clean, said he knew about, and made a huge mistake in not bringing attention to the issue  (a mistake shared by many, many people). The story would die within days, move along, nothing to see.

I think the thing is that with someone like Jordan (and his political enemies), it might not have happened that way (which still doesn’t make it OK for him to lie).

However, I think in some of the stories Jordan did actually do something about it, as did Hellickson who was his boss.  So he probably did actually do as much  as was expected of him (depending on exactly how much detail he was actually aware of).  I mean when the state medical board was aware and did nothing, it’s not really fair to expect an assistant coach to stop it by himself.  

2 hours ago, russelscout said:

So you do the exact same thing. I actually really used to enjoy hunting. No longer do because other hobbies took priority. What else ya got? 

I would mention the ones but probably get booted off here. Recently, pretty much collecting and using  a few of ones they dont want us to have in different calibers.  

20 hours ago, Martini said:

TBarr1977  Perkins Coei is the law firm of choice for The DNC, Hillary, Barack etc. Left wing shills.

Yes always attack the messenger when you cannot attack the message.

They are an easy target.

And just what is the message? That Strauss abused student athletes? That is true, so no need to attack that message. That Ohio State should have done something about it? Someone in a position of power, if they knew about it, yes, they should have done something about it.

If the message is aimed specifically at Jim Jordan, Perkins Coei can be attacked on that all day long. They are an inherently political machine. Jordan never abused anyone. Jordan was a young assistant who was not much older than some of the athletes. Jordan had no power in this situation relative to others. Yeah, let's attack THAT GUY. Sorry, that doesn't pass the sniff test, especially from the political machine at Perkins Coei. 

Edited by TBar1977

44 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

They are an easy target.

And just what is the message? That Strauss abused student athletes? That is true, so no need to attack that message. That Ohio State should have done something about it? Someone in a position of power, if they knew about it, yes, they should have done something about it.

If the message is aimed specifically at Jim Jordan, Perkins Coei can be attacked on that all day long. They are an inherently political machine. Jordan never abused anyone. Jordan was a young assistant who was not much older than some of the athletes. Jordan had no power in this situation relative to others. Yeah, let's attack THAT GUY. Sorry, that doesn't pass the sniff test, especially from the political machine at Perkins Coei. 

Perkins Coie didn’t attack Jordan and didn’t even name him in the report at all.  

5 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Perkins Coie didn’t attack Jordan and didn’t even name him in the report at all.  

Martini made a post that mentions Perkins Coie and then goes right after Jordan. Then when I mentioned Perkins Coie's history with the DNC, Clinton and Obama he accused me of blaming the messenger as if I could not argue against the substance. 

Edited by TBar1977

The head coach back then, Russ Hellickson, similarly has said he would have reported any abuse if he had been aware of it.

Above from AP article July 20, 2018. Here is what I think. Jordan & Hellickson knew at least something, but did not report it. Sad because it hurt lives. Go ahead and defend them if you want but it does not change the fact that 22 coaches admitted to knowing something.

The head coach back then, Russ Hellickson, similarly has said he would have reported any abuse if he had been aware of it.
Above from AP article July 20, 2018. Here is what I think. Jordan & Hellickson knew at least something, but did not report it. Sad because it hurt lives. Go ahead and defend them if you want but it does not change the fact that 22 coaches admitted to knowing something.
...and the new info on drugging and then raping a football player. Really, really sad if true.

It's certainly not like taking a public shower when the erotic gays.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

40 minutes ago, Martini said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ohio-state-wrestlers-describe-abuse-dr-strauss-wrenching-video-n889926

According to the original video from DiSabato, Hellickson claims to have addressed it with administrators.

37 minutes ago, Martini said:

Hellickson said in an interview that he confronted Strausse for creeping out the athletes by showering next to them for an hour. Has he ever explained the discrepancy there - that he knew something was happening but that he also never suspected abuse? 

The new, anonymous referee's federal court claim that he told both Hellickson and Jordan about an incident where Strausse masturbated next to him in those same showers, and that they replied "That's Struasse", certainly advances the narrative that they knew something pervasive was up.

My interpretation up until now - and the referee's statement changes this a little - is they they knew something creepy was happening, but creepy and abusive weren't synonymous. I suppose it's the difference between sexual misconduct and sexual abuse, but parsing that difference doesn't account for Jordan's hard-lined denial, which has never made sense to me. He doesn't want to step in it. I wouldn't want to either, but lying about it isn't ok. 

Russ quote below from link above. Thanks 103244! So my question to Jordan is why did you not say Russ handled it and that was that? Of course that also does not look good, but it may be what happened.

"Certainly all my administrators recognized it was an issue for me,” Hellickson says in the footage. “I’m sure that I talked to them on numerous occasions about my discontent with the environment. I know I had a lot of conversations with Fred Beekman about it. But nothing ever changed.”

If this discussion could get rid of the extreme ideologists on either side then maybe there could be a civil and clear discussion on the matter. I know some people zero in on Jordan's (and others') behavior at that time - arguing they should have done more (or at least something). Personally, I can forgive those (like Hellickson and Jordan) for their lack of significant action at the time - it was after all, a different time with different expectations. Fast forward to the current day, Jordan goes into complete denial as to whether he ever heard ANYTHING about the training room events - while some extreme right wing posters on here try to fashion a defense for those denials, that is simply wrong; lies are being spewed. I agree with Denger (and others above) that if Jordan simply would have owned it to begin with and acknowledged that he made a mistake at that time and that his bosses similarly missed the boat on the problem then this would have been last year's news already. Yes, some deep red poster will now jump up and say that the liberals would not have left Jordan alone on the point, and who really knows - but it would seem pretty small potatoes compared to all of the other garbage being spewn about - some many better stories to go after if you want to make somebody look bad politically. I am sure that behind closed doors Jordan is telling his inner circle "Geeezzz, I should have just owned up to it at the start and this would all have been long gone by now."

And this is coming from a former UW wrestler - Hellickson was my coach; the Jordans came through a few years later, but they left a great footprint on the Wisconsin scene. I still love them for what they did here as wrestlers. But geeeez, quit trying to make excuses for Jim's political miscalculation on this issue. 

20 minutes ago, npope said:

If this discussion could get rid of the extreme ideologists on either side then maybe there could be a civil and clear discussion on the matter. I know some people zero in on Jordan's (and others') behavior at that time - arguing they should have done more (or at least something). Personally, I can forgive those (like Hellickson and Jordan) for their lack of significant action at the time - it was after all, a different time with different expectations. Fast forward to the current day, Jordan goes into complete denial as to whether he ever heard ANYTHING about the training room events - while some extreme right wing posters on here try to fashion a defense for those denials, that is simply wrong; lies are being spewed. I agree with Denger (and others above) that if Jordan simply would have owned it to begin with and acknowledged that he made a mistake at that time and that his bosses similarly missed the boat on the problem then this would have been last year's news already. Yes, some deep red poster will now jump up and say that the liberals would not have left Jordan alone on the point, and who really knows - but it would seem pretty small potatoes compared to all of the other garbage being spewn about - some many better stories to go after if you want to make somebody look bad politically. I am sure that behind closed doors Jordan is telling his inner circle "Geeezzz, I should have just owned up to it at the start and this would all have been long gone by now."

And this is coming from a former UW wrestler - Hellickson was my coach; the Jordans came through a few years later, but they left a great footprint on the Wisconsin scene. I still love them for what they did here as wrestlers. But geeeez, quit trying to make excuses for Jim's political miscalculation on this issue. 

NPope, you are a little loose with at least one of your facts..."ANYTHING".  He is in fact on record as hearing  locker room talk, but that is different or something along those line.

I do appreciate the effort of a civil discussion from your far left perpective.

22 hours ago, tbert said:

Do you actually hunt with an AR 15? That doesn't seem necessary or practical lol. 

21 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Do you actually hunt with an AR 15? That doesn't seem necessary or practical lol. 

Sure do. Very practical, safe, reliable, effective, ammo is cheap to practice with. ...keep in mind you have to follow the same state capacity regulations as everyone else.  Necessary?  No not necessary for hunting,but  you could say that about any of deer rounds, but uses the same  ammo as a couple others i have.

Maybe bit of a novelty, conversation piece...but also realize thats up for political debate.  Certainly there are other choices in which I also use that are less scary to people.  Very popular though among predator control guys.

Really not any different than some of the most popular ones used for generations.