Powerline

Alleged Ohio State Disabato video

I don't agree with them. Why would I then accept them? Worse, why would you think I should accept them when I don't agree with them.

Because accepting others views and opinions, even when you don’t agree with them, is what our country was built on and made it so great. Today’s society of refusing to accept or listen to anything they don’t agree with is why we’ve become so divided, and filled with so much hate.

Just my opinion.

Memory and cognitive dissonance are tricky things. I personally can't stand Jordans politics, but believe that his memory has no recollection of wrestlers complaining about Strauss. That many years ago, sex abuse was never talked about. A doctor's being a sexual predator toward male Athletes was practically inconceivable. A wrestler reporting a creepy doctor's behavior in vague terms would have not really registered in a coach's mind.

I wish Jordan could just honestly say that this might have happened and it might have been reported to me, but he has no recollection and he is sorry for any abuse that might have occurred.

Edited by Jim L

Memory and cognitive dissonance are tricky things. I personally can't stand Jordans politics, but believe that his memory has no recollection of wrestlers complaining about Strauss. That many years ago, sex abuse was never talked about. A doctor's being a sexual predator toward male Athletes was practically inconceivable. A wrestler reporting a creepy doctor's behavior in vague terms would have not really registered in a coach's mind.

I wish Jordan could just honestly say that this might have happened and it might have been reported to me, but he has no recollection and he is sorry for any abuse that might have occurred.

You say this as if you are Jim Jordan or you were there. 

The problem with this TMZ thread is that everyone's opinions and speculations are truth.  Some of you even know everyone involved more than they know themselves and what they actually said. 

Because accepting others views and opinions, even when you don’t agree with them, is what our country was built on and made it so great. Today’s society of refusing to accept or listen to anything they don’t agree with is why we’ve become so divided, and filled with so much hate.

Just my opinion.

He didn't accept my opinion, and in fact even went so far as to ask me to stop posting. In other words, he wanted to silence my perspective. I merely disagree with his. I don't accept his pov as being accurate, but I do accept his right to voice it.

Your message is better aimed at him, not me.

Edited by TBar1977

He didn't accept my opinion, and in fact even went so far as to ask me to stop posting. In other words, he wanted to silence my perspective. I merely disagree with his. I don't accept his pov as being accurate, but I do accept his right to voice it.

All a part of them being good loyal soldiers   in Maxine's call to arms.

not in the context of whats been happening.

he said leave me out of it...

that's nothing like: i know nothing. or I didn't know. or anything of the like.

That was my point in regard to his apparent email communication with DiSabato. If Jordan’s stance is “he knew nothing,” why didn’t he tell DiSabato that from the beginning? IMO, “leave me out of it” implies he does know something.

That was my point in regard to his apparent email communication with DiSabato. If Jordan’s stance is “he knew nothing,” why didn’t he tell DiSabato that from the beginning? IMO, “leave me out of it” implies he does know something.

It implies he wanted nothing to do with anything connected to DeSabato.

Not necessarily - keep bringing your theories TMZ 90210 

Oh geezzz TBar, that is an out-and-out falsehood. What I said, paraphrasing (and go cut and paste if you don't remember it correctly), is that you should stop telling people to not focus on Jordan simply because you think sexual abuse is a bigger topic deserving of more attention. I suggested you start a new thread with Sexual Abuse as the topic if that is what you felt is important. Don't make such a silly claim - and you wonder why people aren't buyin' what you're selling?

Edited by npope

Not at all.  It implies Jordan knows DiSabato is a sleaze bag, and wants nothing to do with him.  

Oh geezzz TBar, that is an out-and-out falsehood. What I said, paraphrasing (and go cut and paste if you don't remember it correctly), is that you should stop telling people to not focus on Jordan simply because you think sexual abuse is a bigger topic deserving of more attention. I suggested you start a new thread with Sexual Abuse as the topic if that is what you felt is important. Don't make such a silly claim - and you wonder why people aren't buyin' what you're selling?

In so many words you told me to move along and get out of the thread so you snd a few others could bang on Jordan all day long without my opposing viewpoint.

In so many words you told me to move along and get out of the thread so you snd a few others could bang on Jordan all day long without my opposing viewpoint.

BS. You are truly full of it or you can't read...which is a distinct possibility. Go back and look at the post I made on this issue and tell me that my paraphrasing of what it said is wrong/inaccurate. Your recollection as to what was said is flawed.

Edited by npope

BS. You are truly full of it or you can't read...which is a distinct possibility. Go back and look at the post I made on this issue and tell me that my paraphrasing of what it said is wrong/inaccurate. Your recollection as to what was said is flawed.

I re read your prior entry that caused me to write what I did earlier and which caused my recent response. I stand by my comments. You wanted me out so your side could carry on without interruption.

I re read your prior entry that caused me to write what I did earlier and which caused my recent response. I stand by my comments. You wanted me out so your side could carry on without interruption.

Honestly TBar, I think your continued participation helps my arguments. Keep on truckin' buddy.

I don't think I missed anything. Hellickson and all the others retired into anonymity long ago. Strauss committed suicide years ago. Everything Jordan does is on primetime news. Of course his celebrity is being used to publicize this. He mishandled it badly, that is on him. Also, the actual investigation is independent of the news and social media.

Here is actually an interesting article on the topic of “who knew:”

http://radio.wosu.org/post/which-ohio-state-officials-knew-about-richard-strauss

And here is an old one from April (read: before Jordan’s involvement) with an anonymous wrestler stating even then that it was well known that Strauss was a creep: https://www.thelantern.com/2018/04/former-ohio-state-athlete-says-he-was-sexually-assaulted-twice-by-former-team-doctor-richard-strauss/