Powerline

Alleged Ohio State Disabato video

20 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

So wait..are you claiming Dr. Strauss never existed because you didn’t encounter him? Or that he did work there but didn’t molest anyone because nobody told you about it? 

He did not say either of those things. Let's not get carried away. 

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

He did not say either of those things. Let's not get carried away. 

He said, "Never did I hear or encounter the so called doctor."  I'm wondering what he meant by that. He goes on to suggest that the investigation is a conspiracy, so it seems like he's suggesting that Dr. Strauss wasn't on campus??

20 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

So wait..are you claiming Dr. Strauss never existed because you didn’t encounter him? Or that he did work there but didn’t molest anyone because nobody told you about it? 

I'm claiming that I was in the training clinic getting my ankle taped every day before practice and was friendly with many student athletes from Swim/Dive and volleyball teams, to fencing, and was friendly with my wrestling team mates. Whatever was going on was not a part of any conversations I had, which compliments Jordan's testimony that he was unaware of the allegations at the time they were to have been taking place. My experience is a first hand account that supports Jordan's recollection. It may have been going on, but it was nothing I had ever heard about or witnessed and the doctor apparently was working their from the 70s to the 90s according to reports. Additionally, Mike DiSabato has a history with the Cage Fighter apparel brand of soliciting student athletes for endorsements that were never adequately compensated. The DC law firm behind the attacks against Jordan is Perkins Coie and I suggest people do their own research on this. I work in political media in DC and have investigated this matter. It's history now, pretty much a dead story, except more information about Perkins Coie, and Perkins Coie sub-contractors Crowdstrike (IT security), and FusionGPS (oppo-research firm) will be revealed.

17 hours ago, 1032004 said:

I think the guy suggesting Eli Stickley’s death was related to a Jim Jordan witch hunt was already carried away...

I was not suggesting Eli's death was a hit job. I was suggesting that at the time that Jordan was being politically attacked with Mike DiSabato allegations perpetrated by a political hit job law firm Perkins Coie he lost his nephew in the same week. Pretty cruel stuff. This came at the exact time that Jordan was attacking the narrative perpetrated by Perkins Coie, and was under consideration for a Speakership vote in the House.

You don't think it happening to an 18 year old freshman can cause psychological issues that manifest in criminal behavior?  The guy is a scumbag, but I think the failure of tOSU coaches and administration to act on the known issue of Dr. Strauss  is partly responsible for his (and Yetts's) current actions. That's not to say they shouldn't be held responsible for what they do now, but I do have a level of empathy for him that I didn't previously.  I sure can't judge him, since I did not go through the same things when I was 18-22.  Those who gloat when either of those two get arrested may want to examine their own morality.  At least his coming forward has helped bring truth to one of the worst chapters in tOSU athletic history (it's definitely worse than the Tressell tattoo scandal).  
It could cause psych damage I guess.

I have a hard time believing an 18 yr old man would allow another man to sexually molest him.

And not go to the proper authorities at the time of the cover up.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, cjc007 said:

It could cause psych damage I guess.

I have a hard time believing an 18 yr old man would allow another man to sexually molest him.

And not go to the proper authorities at the time of the cover up.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Very controversial comments in this day and age.

Edited by Broomstick
n/a

2 hours ago, skikayaker said:

I'm claiming that I was in the training clinic getting my ankle taped every day before practice and was friendly with many student athletes from Swim/Dive and volleyball teams, to fencing, and was friendly with my wrestling team mates. Whatever was going on was not a part of any conversations I had, which compliments Jordan's testimony that he was unaware of the allegations at the time they were to have been taking place. My experience is a first hand account that supports Jordan's recollection. It may have been going on, but it was nothing I had ever heard about or witnessed and the doctor apparently was working their from the 70s to the 90s according to reports. Additionally, Mike DiSabato has a history with the Cage Fighter apparel brand of soliciting student athletes for endorsements that were never adequately compensated. The DC law firm behind the attacks against Jordan is Perkins Coie and I suggest people do their own research on this. I work in political media in DC and have investigated this matter. It's history now, pretty much a dead story, except more information about Perkins Coie, and Perkins Coie sub-contractors Crowdstrike (IT security), and FusionGPS (oppo-research firm) will be revealed.

I'm confused...what matter have you investigated?  Jordan's involvement?

The Jordan part may be mostly dead, as again, the report (by Perkins Coie) did not even name Jordan in the report, but they did apparently have 22 coaches on record (but kept anonymous) as saying they were aware of "rumors or complaints" about Strauss, and there was documentation of a fencing coach making a complaint.

But the Strauss story as a whole is very much alive, with now 300 people saying they were victims.

2 hours ago, skikayaker said:

I was not suggesting Eli's death was a hit job. I was suggesting that at the time that Jordan was being politically attacked with Mike DiSabato allegations perpetrated by a political hit job law firm Perkins Coie he lost his nephew in the same week. Pretty cruel stuff. This came at the exact time that Jordan was attacking the narrative perpetrated by Perkins Coie, and was under consideration for a Speakership vote in the House.

OK fair enough.

2 hours ago, cjc007 said:

I have a much harder time believing a bunch of 18 year old men would make up the same lie about being molested by another man. 

4 hours ago, skikayaker said:

So do you just support  that Jordan didn't know (a reasonable opinion) or think the whole thing was made up because people didn't tell you about it (not a reasonable opinion)? 

6 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

So do you just support  that Jordan didn't know (a reasonable opinion) or think the whole thing was made up because people didn't tell you about it (not a reasonable opinion)? 

I support that Jordan didn't know. That was my point. To MDogg's point, again, I've always said, a doc acting inappropriately with a D1 B10 wrestler is asking for trouble. I've always made the joke that I don't know of a wrestler who wouldn't have strung him up on a coat rack with a jock strap if he fondled me and asked me to cough twice. Yeah, it's happened, but hey, D1 B10 wrestlers can handle themselves. The weird thing from my time there though is that I was from a small hick farm town in the Ohio Valley where I grew up milking cows, bailing hay and wrestling. In that locker room, I saw guys giving weird looks (they were from the outside, not even college students), and they looked like central casting from the Village people. It was my first exposure to anything like it, and I suspected something weird was going on but went about my business of showering and heading back to the freshmen dorms (towers).

Edited by skikayaker

9 hours ago, skikayaker said:

I support that Jordan didn't know. That was my point. To MDogg's point, again, I've always said, a doc acting inappropriately with a D1 B10 wrestler is asking for trouble. I've always made the joke that I don't know of a wrestler who wouldn't have strung him up on a coat rack with a jock strap if he fondled me and asked me to cough twice. Yeah, it's happened, but hey, D1 B10 wrestlers can handle themselves. The weird thing from my time there though is that I was from a small hick farm town in the Ohio Valley where I grew up milking cows, bailing hay and wrestling. In that locker room, I saw guys giving weird looks (they were from the outside, not even college students), and they looked like central casting from the Village people. It was my first exposure to anything like it, and I suspected something weird was going on but went about my business of showering and heading back to the freshmen dorms (towers).

How do you feel about a Doc acting inappropriately with an EIWA wrestler?  Can they handle themselves?  What about a D3 wrestler?

Did anyone ever see the video that a wrestler posted on facebook that showed Mike Disabato making fun on Strauss on the team bus, back in the day?  Disabato had his pants pulled down and was making fun of Strauss doing an exam for something like a hand injury.  

The guy that posted it last year is George Pardos- wrestled on some Diabato teams at Ohio State. 

When I was in HS in the 90s, our 160lber was probably the best athlete on the team. He liked to grab you by the junk and do other sexually suggestive things to express his dominance, probably to express his homophobia too and perhaps some curiosity. I was the 119lber and an inferior athlete, but it was clear to me that I had to fight him. I obviously didn't win that fight, but I gave it all I had, which was enough to catch the attention of some adults, and he cut it out. Bullies don't always need to be defeated, but we can probably all agree that they do need to be fought.

Abuse happens when someone exercises their power over someone, and when it works it's because of the shame and isolation that a victim feels. It's easy to imagine that I would fight the doctor too, but he wasn't a peer, and he wasn't in a place where physical combat settles all scores. He wasn't a bully who needed a sock in his mouth, he was a serial sex offender who used his authority over student athletes. He was also an official of the university and operating out of an examining room where the students were isolated.

I highly doubt that a physical altercation seemed like a viable option for the students who were being abused. Risk an assault charge? Risk losing your scholarship, place in your closest community and reason/means for going to university? I don't think so. 

2 hours ago, Fletcher said:

I think skykayaker is saying a Big Ten wrestler wouldn't allow this to happen, but since tOSU in the 80s was not exactly wrestling up to Big Ten standards (maybe not even IEWA standards), all bets are off.

Jude Skove won a NC, but you're right, we were not particularly great in those years.