Powerline

Alleged Ohio State Disabato video

24 minutes ago, GockeS said:

if the video of disabato mocking strauss on the team bus is real... why didn't they say something then?

why are they blaming jordan?

oh yeah...

I honesty don’t think “they” or DiSabato are “blaming” Jordan.  It seems DiSabato’s main goal was to bring the story as a whole to light (and in turn be able to sue the university).  Including Jordan helped do that.

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

I honesty don’t think “they” or DiSabato are “blaming” Jordan.  It seems DiSabato’s main goal was to bring the story as a whole to light (and in turn be able to sue the university).  Including Jordan helped do that.

Agreed. Jordan’s name was a vehicle to get more attention to the story.  Didn’t matter if Jordan himself ended up helping to push the story or if his name was used as part of the reason it had been suppressed.  The point was just make sure his high profile name was always part of it, so news sources would put it out and thus the University would feel more pressure.   When Jim had no interest in trying to help DiSabato pressure the University, then people flipped the narrative to Jordan being part of the chain of people suppressing the issue.  Although some of his own hardline statement didn’t end up separate him from the story.  

Edited by MadMardigain

This happened so long ago and the alleged pervert is dead.  So it is political.  Meh.   Jordan is the big fish in the story and he had responsibility.  He will have take an occasional timeout from his pandering and grandstanding to address someone else's pandering and grandstanding.  Fair is fair.

On 9/4/2019 at 2:17 PM, cjc007 said:

I have a hard time believing an 18 yr old man would allow another man to sexually molest him.

There was a case a few years ago near where I live. I apologize, but dont feel comfortable explaining every detail here. A manager of a local business had been taking high school boys to conferences on road trips for work. In every case the manager managed to get the 16-18 year olds away from the group where he performed sex acts on them. The story came out years after these events with multiple guys coming out. I knew one of them through family friends. He was 6'5 in high school. Every single one of the victims said that when something happened they froze. I dont get it, but I also dont think I should pretend to understand it either.

Edited by russelscout

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

Shifty Schiff thinks he can use this information to tarnish Jim Jordan. It will work for the extreme far left, the most hyper partisan left wing shills. 

I think the issue was that he told everyone that he didnt know when its clear now that he did. It must be tough to tell the truth when you are sooooooo used to lying and deflecting.

43 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

This happened so long ago and the alleged pervert is dead.  So it is political.  Meh.   Jordan is the big fish in the story and he had responsibility.  He will have take an occasional timeout from his pandering and grandstanding to address someone else's pandering and grandstanding.  Fair is fair.

I don’t think it’s entirely political.   Honestly Jordan’s involvement is kinda overshadowing the real story of the number of people who knew and had the power to stop it but didn’t. Honestly I would say this group does not include Jordan, it’s primarily tOSU administration and apparently even the state medical board.  The fact that he was able to get away with it for so long is a big deal

Below from POLITICO article.

The report — produced for the school by the law firm Perkins Coie — found that Richard Strauss, a longtime doctor for Ohio State athletic teams, sexually abused at least 177 male athletes from 1979 to 1996.

When the scandal broke last year, Jordan — a national champion wrestler who later became an assistant coach for the Ohio State wrestling team — adamantly denied having had any knowledge of the allegations against Strauss. Jordan was an assistant coach from 1986 to 1994.

But several wrestlers insist Jordan knew, directly or indirectly, about Strauss' behavior, and he was named in lawsuits against the university. Other wrestlers told POLITICO they were regularly harassed in their training facility by sexually aggressive men who attended the university or worked there and that Jordan and other coaches did nothing to stop the behavior.

However, Friday's report states investigations "did not identify any contemporaneous documentary evidence that members of the OSU coaching staff, including head coaches or assistant coaches, received or were aware of complaints regarding Strauss sexual misconduct."

Yet the report also notes that athletes said they openly discussed Strauss' behavior in front of the coaching staff, and 22 coaches "confirmed to the Investigative Team they were aware of rumors and/or complaints about Strauss, dating back to the late 1970s and extending into the mid-1990s."

On 7/27/2018 at 10:59 AM, Powerline said:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/05/us/ohio-state-sexual-abuse-allegations-video/index.html 

How did this tidbit get by us about the perpetrated video NBC and CNN have. So now it's not like he made a video for

his own story but, it was part of his company...

"The video was produced in June by former OSU wrester Mike DiSabato's company Combat Athlete Coalition, he told CNN. The company represents the collective interests of former college athletes in matters of compensation and safety issues."

Also interesting how the media is now scrubbing some of Disabato's and Yett's statements that clearly indicate they 

both said that they never knew of themselves, told, or reported to Jordan of any "alleged sexual abuse". Also scrubbed, but

on video is where Disabato has also claimed that while his nutsack may have been fondled for some time, he was quick to brush

off and say "but...there was no sexual activities...".  

If that it the case then, still trying to figure Disabato's motive, if he was not abused.  $$$$

Jim Jordan would be a fool to get involved. Let the investigators do their jobs.

Disabato sounds like he wants to get paid.

Another unnamed  whistleblowed...lol.

Did  you tell your mom that your xanax script ran out early again?

Go back to school and  add to your collection of worthless degrees.

54 minutes ago, tbert said:

There have of course been quite a few people that say they are victims that are not unnamed.

Edited by 1032004

3 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

Are those allegations of sex abuse in the Catholic Church, also from "so long ago," also "political"?

2 hours ago, tbert said:

Is this an arguement? What is this?

31 minutes ago, klehner said:

Are those allegations of sex abuse in the Catholic Church, also from "so long ago," also "political"?

To some people, yes. I cant believe the countless ppl I have heard say the catholic church is under attack by the radical leftist media. Its pretty nutty

1 hour ago, klehner said:

To the extent that they are singled out.  Jim Jordan's role in this is political.  Couldn't happen to a more deserving guy.  I take that back.  Lindsey Graham is more deserving, but just barely.

12 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

To the extent that they are singled out.  Jim Jordan's role in this is political.  Couldn't happen to a more deserving guy.  I take that back.  Lindsey Graham is more deserving, but just barely.

No love for Mitch?