Buckxell

The 4 Chamizo got against JB

how do you know it wasnt said?   

Burroughs pretty much choked away a nice lead.  4 points!  all day long!

attachicon.gif4 point.jpg

but you are missing the point. even if the mat ref says two, was it confirmed?  and how would they know. they aren't looking at the paddles while wrestling.

but you are missing the point. even if the mat ref says two, was it confirmed? and how would they know. they aren't looking at the paddles while wrestling.

Back in the basement for you, your mom will let you know when lunch is ready.

ah, another perfect example of a trolls post.

lunchtime already?  If you are a good little boy mommy might take you to walmart

I wear that name as a badge of honor.

Edited by tbert

The perennial issue with this style of wrestling is that the scoring criteria can be very subjective. In a match between well matched opponents, whether an official is prone to put one of the competitors on the shot clock or how a 50/50 call is made will determine the match. I always go back to it, but did Burroughs deserve 4 points on a throw that Dake initiated some years back? Or 4 points late in the second match at the most recent trials which he was awarded on a takedown? Maybe, maybe not.Did Chamizo score 4 here? Beats me. Bottom line is he got it.  

This one was a screwjob.

the thing i can't understand is how burroughs hasn't started to counter this... at 4:40.. chamizo turns in after being takendown.

the same thing he did to JB. should be easy to expose him at that point. instead chamizo is scoring...

the thing i can't understand is how burroughs hasn't started to counter this... at 4:40.. chamizo turns in after being takendown.

the same thing he did to JB. should be easy to expose him at that point. instead chamizo is scoring...

Should be easy?   

Hmm...

I have no clue if it was 4, but the two refs on the mat had a damn good look at it, and the rest of their calls were pretty solid imho. In no way was this a screw job.

Chamizo was amazing here for a couple reasons:

Gave up 1 every time he should have given up 2

Gave up 2 every time he should have given up 4

Got an ice cold takedown real late when Burroughs needed to score to win (which he does 99% of the time)

I can't tell if JB was exposed or not from the video. More surprising to me was the fact that Chamizo took JB down clean twice in the second period. JB is a second period wrestler for sure and these takedowns weren't the Chamizo funk that he is known for or the types of scores he got in the first period of the match at BTS.

It looks like a mental lapse on JBs part on the first Chamizo TD. Looks like he stopped wrestling for a moment and Frank took advantage of that. Gotta be engaged for the full six

I've isolated and slowed down the sequence here, for anyone interested.

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/YoungOptimisticHornshark

Thanks!! Way closer to 4 than I thought... but still don’t think it’s 4. The way Chamizo leaned into him after they hit the mat and the fact that Burroughs didn’t try to keep wrestling and belly down might’ve helped him get that call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk