Buckxell

The 4 Chamizo got against JB

It was a bad angle and across the mat... however it looked like JB fell flat on his stomach. Did JB get ripped off, or was that really feet to back? Is there anywhere that has a better clip of that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've repeated all day that it wasn't 4....but the chairman had a much much much better angle than any of us. This wouldn't matter given corruption in UWW, but there weren't any other signs of foul play, unless they paid of manning to waste burroughs challenge.

Edited by hammerlockthree

Here's the video   https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.trackwrestling.com%2Ftw%2FVideoPlayer.jsp%3FTIM%3D1532794088946%26twSessionId%3Dvqfqawwfeehwouq%26matchId%3D6786920132&h=AT03WJMCBhrvOXaQ-tTeEE-iX1F4BMk0_CVpeTDFFl-9MC32uFU98dadMT5ZBvSGRsNPTHO1cKXeTWt7iknXzn7QsPzGI37yuN88YsOlsD6lzBeF0p_01UOywuCYtJjwH7s

One explanation I heard is that the action continued out of bounds and finished there.   It's  permitted for there to be continuation and for there to be a score post step out.    Some are viewing it like it was a push out and that's it, when in reality Burroughs was taken down after being pushed out.    

At 12:32 Burroughs gets taken down out of bounds but his body is being covered by Chamizo.  When Chamizo finally gets up and we can see Burroughs, he's on his hands and knees.      But was he exposed when we couldn't see it?   If he was, there's the 4.      The ref says 4 so one would think Burroughs did expose.   

If you watch Burroughs right arm that comes over and across once the sequence is done, it appears to me it's from Burroughs back as he rolls over to his hands and knees.  The arm's angle goes from facing up to facing down, or from being on his back to getting to his knees.    Looks like 4 to me.     

Edited by Cletus_Tucker

Well this was one of the actual matches I actually got to watch, and I have to say that I didn't see 4 there for Frank, but as other posters have suggested, the mat chairman had a better view of the action. So hopefully it was a legitimate score and not something else. But I say that when JB and Chamizo face off again, JB will win the rubber match.

Let's also remember that time Snyder gave up "4" way out of bounds because he tripped over the carpet on the edge of the mat at the World Cup (or World Clubs cup, one or the other). There's legit continuation and then there's the stuff they hit Snyder with then and JB with at Dogu. He clearly had an overhook (as Ryan Holmes points out on Twitter) and when you see his arm come over top after the action stops, he's clearing his arm from an over tie and he's basically still belly down on the mat. It's like "ok, you continued to exposure your back" ... well, yeah, maybe, but dude, the action was long over. 

Crazy pills at times. 

I can't tell if JB was exposed or not from the video.  More surprising to me was the fact that Chamizo took JB down clean twice in the second period.  JB is a second period wrestler for sure and these takedowns weren't the Chamizo funk that he is known for or the types of scores he got in the first period of the match at BTS. 

Both guys did a lot of great, freakish wrestling in this bout in Turkey.  Rubber match should be a blast...

just found this video.  the picture is a little bigger.  If you pause and play through that sequence, it looks to me like Burroughs got a little angled off of belly down, but there was no exposure.  I took a screen shot.

mspart

Capture.PNG

Here's another video taken at a slightly different angle.  Just someone with a camera.

It doesn't look  like exposure to me.  Generally, exposure means from belly down, the back is more than 90 degrees turned over so that a gnat on the back can see the mat.  Jordan's back was turned to 45 degrees at most, 45 degrees from exposure.  That is what I am getting from these two videos.  

Looking for a video from the table side of the viewpoint.

mspart

Really none of this matters after the World's. That is all we will remember. And really even more so, the Olympics in a few years will dictate these athletes' legacies.  So really, who cares about this one?  Refs and bad calls are apart of sports. Sh*t happens.  

Very close. Typically if you land elbow and directly on side/hip, it’s going to be 4. Tough one to call. You could see in the conference chairman asked judge if landed exposed, judge was firm he did and he definately had best look at it. Is what it is. October matters.

Yes, in the end this match won't matter.  WC's matter more and Olympics even more.  That is true.  I honestly don't see the exposure.  I see a reversal on Chamizo's part but that is it.  But admittedly, the angle of the videos I've seen is not good for this call.

mspart

a "screw job" is nowhere near applicable to this... questionable at the very most, but, the main part is it did not decide the match... JB still gave up a takedown after that and the only reason it went to criteria was a couple of questionable fleeing cautions... if chamizo was up only 8-8 i dont think we see him comfortable enough to give up those points...

Losses are ok, questionable calls bordering on screw jobs are not. The jury is still out whether this qualifies as a screw job though it is certainly a questionable call.

Its a judgment call and not a totally egregious one at that. I don't see exposure, but this is not some blatant screw job.