TripNSweep

Ohio State scandal

Wisconsin finished with the 14th hardest strength of schedule ranking, in the nation.

No way, man. Sure you aren't checking bball? I remember the chatter that even if Wisconsin beat OSU that their SOS might kill them with the playoff committee because OU dominated OSU earlier in the season.  For the record I LIKE Wisconsin a LOT more than Ohio State, I just admit the fact that Ohio State is in a different class in football. I'd love to see Wisconsin beat Ohio State the next 10 years in a row, and THEN Ohio State goes on a losing streak, if you know what I mean.

I found this http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm which shows Wisconsin's SOS @47TH. This http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings shows SOS@ 65th.

When I was in my last semester of college, two friends and I caught an attempted rapist and burglar next door to my rented house. We beat him half to death and held him for the authorities. I came back twice (by flight) at my own expense to testify against the ****bag. This in spite of a couple of threats by his gangbanger buddies.

I would certainly get invloved. It made front page of the local newspaper, including pic of us w our dog.

What I’m saying is, the world is full of morons. You don’t need an idiot populace jumping to conclusions about things they typically don’t have a complete picture of, and injecting themselves into the situation.

You hate a guy at work? Your neighbor? The guy who just bought a Bentley? Accuse him of something.

So you were the judge, jury and executioner because you suspected malfeasance? Hmm that makes things very interesting.

you right wing ideologues amuse me.  It's gospel to you about the 'communist', 'left wing' media. 

1) why do you bring your weird political opinions to a wrestling website?  Don't we get enough of this crap elsewhere?

2) Most of the 'main stream media' is owned by just a few companies.  Leftist is the last thing you could call them.  I'm not just talking about Faux News and Sinclair, an extreme right wing organization that owns more TV stations than anyone else and insists that their local news follow the company line. 

3) What you are mad about is those news outlets that report facts rather than echo trump.  That's it, isn't it NJWC?  You're a trump supporter who hates those damn fake news outlets for telling the truth! 

4) enough politics.

So you were the judge, jury and executioner because you suspected malfeasance? Hmm that makes things very interesting.

Yes, after witnessing a 19 year old female running from her home with a torn off nightgown screaming for help, that’s exactly correct.

you right wing ideologues amuse me. It's gospel to you about the 'communist', 'left wing' media.

1) why do you bring your weird political opinions to a wrestling website? Don't we get enough of this crap elsewhere?

2) Most of the 'main stream media' is owned by just a few companies. Leftist is the last thing you could call them. I'm not just talking about Faux News and Sinclair, an extreme right wing organization that owns more TV stations than anyone else and insists that their local news follow the company line.

3) What you are mad about is those news outlets that report facts rather than echo trump. That's it, isn't it NJWC? You're a trump supporter who hates those damn fake news outlets for telling the truth!

4) enough politics.

You make your biased political statements, then state “enough politics”, lol. So very leftist of you, think as I do Or shut up.

Weird political opinions? Have you been keeping score of who runs this country, at all levels of government? In spite of the lefties running the major networks, the NYT, Wapo, LA Times, Philly Inquirer, etc?

Haha, talk about out of touch. Check out the state of the Democrat Party Libby, it ain’t good. Dying a quick death, as it surges further left.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

The police have been involved or called 9 different times.Did she ever press charges?  They ( the police)are the proper authorities to handle domestic violence. Urban went through proper protocol with the college in these matters an informed the proper people. Urban and his wife actually helped council both the coach and his wife when they were at University of Florida. Its hard to find the facts in this matter due the liberal bias in the media.

Edited by Paul158

You name fox personalities, then list Fox News as a separate entity. Nice try.

NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, their respective holding companies, nearly all print media, all studios in Hollywood...need I continue?

Fox is the biggest, but the only mainstream right leaning outlet.

Alex Jones is a Fox personality?  Matt Drudge?  Andrew Breitbart?

Stick to your Sean Hannity coloring book...

Yes, after witnessing a 19 year old female running from her home with a torn off nightgown screaming for help, that’s exactly correct.

And if the guy you saw worked for you, would keep him employed?

And if the guy you saw worked for you, would keep him employed?

No, and never said people shouldn’t get involved. Only that your job shouldn’t hinge upon getting involved with something you don’t have a clear picture of.

Alex Jones is a Fox personality? Matt Drudge? Andrew Breitbart?

Stick to your Sean Hannity coloring book...

Cute. About what I’d expect. Still feeling a little frustrated? Ever follow through on the purchase of the place in Canada?

No way, man. Sure you aren't checking bball? I remember the chatter that even if Wisconsin beat OSU that their SOS might kill them with the playoff committee because OU dominated OSU earlier in the season. For the record I LIKE Wisconsin a LOT more than Ohio State, I just admit the fact that Ohio State is in a different class in football. I'd love to see Wisconsin beat Ohio State the next 10 years in a row, and THEN Ohio State goes on a losing streak, if you know what I mean.

I found this http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm which shows Wisconsin's SOS @47TH. This http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings shows SOS@ 65th.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

No, and never said people shouldn’t get involved. Only that your job shouldn’t hinge upon getting involved with something you don’t have a clear picture of.

Smith played for Meyer, coached with him for 10+ years, was the grandson of one of Meyer’s mentors, and apparently their wives were friends and discussed some of the Smith’s issues. I would bet Meyer had a pretty good idea of what was going on.

Smith played for Meyer, coached with him for 10+ years, was the grandson of one of Meyer’s mentors, and apparently their wives were friends and discussed some of the Smith’s issues. I would bet Meyer had a pretty good idea of what was going on.

Far be it for me to defend Meyer, who I strongly dislike, but there's something I don't like about this issue. Point is, Smith was abusing his wife OFF the job. Even if Meyer knew, how is it his responsibility to punish a guy for something that happened off the job? I can understand OSU firing Smith for "tainting the brand name" (and also something I'd beef about, btw), but that's a different issue altogether. From Meyer's perspective the guy was a good football coach, which is the reason Meyer hired him.

Meyer may have shown a lack of scruples in accepting this behavior from his coaches, but I don't think he had any legal obligation to do jack ****. I'd still like to see him get fired, but that's more related to the thugs that Meyer brings in wherever he goes. He's kinda like an Art Briles that hasn't been defrocked. Yet.

Edited by TobusRex

Cute. About what I’d expect. Still feeling a little frustrated? Ever follow through on the purchase of the place in Canada?

Not frustrated at all.  Son of a Korean War vet. Cousin on the Vietnam Memorial Wall.  Profiled out of active duty at my officer's advanced course at beautiful Fortress Bragg--destroyed left knee.  Father of an Airborne Ranger who just completed a tour of duty in Iraq.  Not a bone spur in the family.  But go ahead and question my patriotism...

Far be it for me to defend Meyer, who I strongly dislike, but there's something I don't like about this issue. Point is, Smith was abusing his wife OFF the job. Even if Meyer knew, how is it his responsibility to punish a guy for something that happened off the job? I can understand OSU firing Smith for "tainting the brand name" (and also something I'd beef about, btw), but that's a different issue altogether. From Meyer's perspective the guy was a good football coach, which is the reason Meyer hired him.

Meyer may have shown a lack of scruples in accepting this behavior from his coaches, but I don't think he had any legal obligation to do jack ****. I'd still like to see him get fired, but that's more related to the thugs that Meyer brings in wherever he goes. He's kinda like an Art Briles that hasn't been defrocked. Yet.

One thing about being in charge of a major collegiate athletic program is that you are responsible for everything, e.g., athletes drinking at night, getting arrested, media goofs, etc. Anything goes wrong and the buck is stopping at your doorstep. That's the deal they signed on for...and get paid for. So don't feel too bad for Urban - he has been paid well for his service.

you right wing ideologues amuse me.  It's gospel to you about the 'communist', 'left wing' media. 

1) why do you bring your weird political opinions to a wrestling website?  Don't we get enough of this crap elsewhere?

Before you made this post there were dozens of left wing rants on this thread that failed to raise your concern, so it sounds hypocritical of you to only be concerned about NJWC's post.  

I corrected what I wanted to say. Did she ever press charges? It seems they should have been separated and then divorced along time ago.

Based on what I've read she initially pressed charges in 2009 but dropped them, allegedly at the insistence of Meyer's "life coach."

Before you made this post there were dozens of left wing rants on this thread that failed to raise your concern, so it sounds hypocritical of you to only be concerned about NJWC's post.  

A truly serious question - what exactly constitutes a "right (or left) rant"? I mean, does calling out a republican (or democrat) president/official for perceived misstatements or bad behavior constitute a left or right wing rant? While I have seen some over-generalizations on this thread (going in both directions) but for the most part I have seen posters identifying specific politicians/individuals and noting comments those individuals have made publicly and calling them out for those comments/behavior. If some people are viewing that as an attack on their fundamental closely held (political) beliefs then I think they really need to get a life. 

Some things are as simple as "I think that politician is full of BS and I think s/he need to be called on it." No need for some posters declare war on one aspect or the other of the political system. Keep it in perspective, folks.

A truly serious question - what exactly constitutes a "right (or left) rant"? I mean, does calling out a republican (or democrat) president/official for perceived misstatements or bad behavior constitute a left or right wing rant? While I have seen some over-generalizations on this thread (going in both directions) but for the most part I have seen posters identifying specific politicians/individuals and noting comments those individuals have made publicly and calling them out for those comments/behavior. If some people are viewing that as an attack on their fundamental closely held (political) beliefs then I think they really need to get a life. 

Some things are as simple as "I think that politician is full of BS and I think s/he need to be called on it." No need for some posters declare war on one aspect or the other of the political system. Keep it in perspective, folks.

I am a registered independent and don't give a f*ck about party politics.  The last election cycle I financially supported both a Republican and a Democrat--my support was based on the character, beliefs, and track records of the candidates, not the little letter behind their name.  In the present situation, if you think Jordan was lying, some jump to the conclusion that you are Libtard; if you support Jordan, others assume you are a Repugnant.  And we wonder why the country is divided?  Threads like this make it very easy to see.

I don't necessarily think Meyer should have ensured Smith did jail time or anything like that, but probably shouldn't have kept him employed making $300K

Not frustrated at all. Son of a Korean War vet. Cousin on the Vietnam Memorial Wall. Profiled out of active duty at my officer's advanced course at beautiful Fortress Bragg--destroyed left knee. Father of an Airborne Ranger who just completed a tour of duty in Iraq. Not a bone spur in the family. But go ahead and question my patriotism...

What does any of that have to do with patriotism? There are West Point grads displaying pro communist messages and black power messages at graduation. Being in the military automatically means you love your country? Hardly.

I’ve seen enough of your nonsense on here tonmmow you are a lefty. Sad actually, there are many that are confused in such a way.

Edited by NJWC