Sign in to follow this  
Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Russian nationals stream

Дорогие участники форума Themat прошу внимания! Ссылки на Чемпионат России по вольной борьбе! смотрите и наслаждайтесь техникой лучших борцов мира прямо сейчас! Люблю вас! 

Ковёр А - https://youtu.be/cEeR6bcVp4Y 
Ковёр Ð’ - https://youtu.be/OhM046SQz5Y 
Ковёр С - https://youtu.be/5pwJmhuiDNM 

Edited by Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Thank you, Khuzin.  And I love that the "mats" are called "carpets"!

The french word for both is Tapis. I remember hearing about a referee clinic (FILA) years ago where they brought in a French interpreter that didn't know much wrestling.

"And he throws him to the carpet!"

The Sadulaev matches are on youtube already:

1/8 final vs. Kurbanov: 

1/4 final vs. Gogaev: 

1/2 final vs. Gazzaev: 

Tomorrow is the final vs. Baytsaev. Sad still look a tad smaller than the rest and some are getting to his legs, but can't score.

Edited by wfan24

Sad looks lean, relatively speaking, in his upper arms. Big hips and thighs, and sweats like J'Den Cox in his first match probably due to rehydrating. Still very quick, but as u/wfan24 said, the bigger guys are getting to his legs - that is encouraging for Snyder.

Sadulaev looks human. He is still amazing and a serious threat to Snyder.

I hope he drops down to 86 in 2020. I’d love to see him vs Yazdani. By that point he will have wrestled Kyle a few times already. Unless every match is like the first one, I think I’d rather see the Yazdani match (or a Taylor match if Taylor wins back to back. I know that is a long shot)

In short, I like super matches that include Sadulaev. When he is on, he is so incredibly smooth.

Boltukaev at 125kg is interesting too. I don’t think he medals there if he makes the team, but he is a serious threat to Gwiz I think.

With how good the top two heavys are, any other loss means you don’t make a medal match. Repachage is a silly system. It doesn’t allow for the third and fourth best guys to win bronze. 125kg is a great example of that.

Lots of discussions on Russian boards but not for Sad's matches, mostly about the new guys. Someone complaining that Rashidov is allowed to take a break from the nationals while Sad is not. Then others argue that Sad should not be allowed to take a break after his not so great performance at the Euros this year and poor performance at worlds. 

I noticed in his match with Gazaaev in the semi's Sad was again pushing into him near the end of the mat. That is how he got taken down with Snyder at least once and same thing almost happened here. He just can't help his aggressiveness even when he leads and it costs him points. 

Edited by wfan24

Man even with the added weights they are so deep in Russia.  70kg has 3 world champs going at it with those guys having many losses to other guys in the bracket.  I also found it remarkable how many of the Russian wrestler's best wins were Chamizo.  That dude gets around.  I'd love to see a list of the guys he's wrestled over the last five years.  Looking forward to tmrw's finals.  

Maybe the Day 1 finals aren't starting yet and they're still getting through the Day 2 prelim matches? Jaroslav, any word on this?

Also, pretty cool the wrestrus.ru and wrestdag.ru websites now have a translation to English tab. Finally!