Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Russian nationals 18 results

- Tsargush has retired, he is a coach now, responsible for the 74kg weight class I believe.

- Gadisov has also retired, couple of years ago. In Gadisov interviews, he always says about himself he was an 'average athlete' and never followed a strict sports regimen.

- Geduev is not retired, not sure where he is, he was injured.

- Makhov has way too many injuries and its unclear he will ever wrestle again, he has very serious health issues, has lost a lot of weight, etc. He is not well.

- The Russian World Team is not yet determined. There may be quite some changes, its not that the winners go. It will be for sure after Poland in September, and even after that, said Tedeev. Probably it will be known only by the end of September, at the earliest. I suspect at least 3 of the Russian Nationals champions will not be selected to go to the world championships.

Thanks for all the info, appreciate it. With that said. I have to agree the Heavyweight will be the weakest. I feel terrible for Makhov the way you explained the thing about him. I say it would be best for Baitsev to move up and represent 125kg. That would be the best Russian representative at the moment. I hope for Geduev to recover and for Tsabolov to be the entry at 74kg. Thanks once again for all the information.

Not sure Baytsev would be that good at 125kg. He ain't beating Geno or Akgul or Gwiz imo, he is too small. And the other 2 heavies they have are pretty good, e.g., Hirziev, just not great. I give a slight nod to Gwiz over Hirziev.

btw, looking at lots of comments on Russian videos on youtube about Sadulaev and other comments during nationals, its hard to understand which side they are on, some are pro-Sad while other are pro-Snyder, want Snyder to win, and don't like Sad's approach of not staying at 86kg and blocking Baytsaev, or that he was doing lots of media post Olympics. Weird, but it confirms my observations that Sad ain't exactly the most popular wrestler around there.

So Jaroslav Hesek has Russia with 8 gold medal threats and 2 medal threats. What kind of steroid vodka do you drink?

Russia is always gold medal threat. They are recognized as one of the best wrestling countries annually if not the best. I would think that Jaroslav is actually drinking a Shirley Temple drink.

btw, looking at lots of comments on Russian videos on youtube about Sadulaev and other comments during nationals, its hard to understand which side they are on, some are pro-Sad while other are pro-Snyder, want Snyder to win, and don't like Sad's approach of not staying at 86kg and blocking Baytsaev, or that he was doing lots of media post Olympics. Weird, but it confirms my observations that Sad ain't exactly the most popular wrestler around there.

Might be ethnic rivalry, Baytsaev is Ossetian.

We'll see. Have 3 month yet! But Rashidov 95% win gold at 61 if Aliyev stay at 65. 65 Bekbulatov medal too i hope. 70 Gazi - medal, 74 Sidakov no medal, 79 Akhmed maybe medal maybe not. See at the bracket. 86 Kurugliev, he likes beat Americans , he pinned Penn state legend Ed Ruth it looks like in Rocky movie, Kurugliev killed Ruth (Apollo Creed) Taylor will try revenge .  92 Tsakylov idk him. 97 Sadulaev i think gold and 125 Khizriev no medal 

We'll see. Have 3 month yet! But Rashidov 95% win gold at 61 if Aliyev stay at 65. 65 Bekbulatov medal too i hope. 70 Gazi - medal, 74 Sidakov no medal, 79 Akhmed maybe medal maybe not. See at the bracket. 86 Kurugliev, he likes beat Americans , he pinned Penn state legend Ed Ruth it looks like in Rocky movie, Kurugliev killed Ruth (Apollo Creed) Taylor will try revenge .  92 Tsakylov idk him. 97 Sadulaev i think gold and 125 Khizriev no medal 

I would not place much stock in Ed Ruth's freestyle results compared to Taylor's freestyle results. 

Edited by TBar1977

79KG you have maybe a medal?  That dood is serious jacked for 79kg makes KD look small.  I have gold for him.

All your other predictions are good.  I love KS but have Sadulaev at gold IF he wrestles like he did at Russian Nationals.  Never know if you have bad day, bad weight cut, mental lapse, 

This is why wrestling is the best sport.  

I'm a fan of Sadulaev... He's always seemed humble in his interviews, but I could see how some Russians would consider his move up as selfish. He could obviously make 92 and probably 86 if he wanted to, both of which would give Russia a stronger team. It's not his responsibity to do that but it would be nice from a team aspect (for them). I know he wants to go 97 for olympics but we are two years out and I don't think going 92 this year would hurt him at all. It would be like Burroughs saying he doesn't feel like cutting weight anymore and moves up taking out Dake or Taylor. I'd say he's earned the right to do that, but I wouldn't like it!

After that Taylor loss, what has Yazdani's closest match been at the weight, a 4-0 or something like that victory at Worlds? He hasn't been challenged in awhile

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Depends how you view it. Valiev was the closest in score with a 4 point difference but it looked like he came to that match not to win but to not lose too badly. He defended for pretty much the whole 6 minutes despite being behind. Outside of that in actual match were both are trying to win Yazdani's next closest is a 5-0 win over Ghasempour in the world team trials a month or two ago. Ghasempour is a very good wrestler and has recent wins over Kudyamagomedov and Gostiev. At worst Ghasempour would be  a toss up in a match with Kurugliev and he's Yazdani's back up. So no he has not been challenged since losing to Taylor. I admit the fan reaction from Iranian and American fans would be funny if Kurugliev were to win since all the talk is Yazdani/Taylor but I think  it's unlikely and wfan is overrating him pretty heavily. Kurugliev squeeked by another one of Yazdani's backups in Ebrahimi at the Yarygin a couple years ago also. 

Outside of that I think Russia has a realistic chance at 5 golds if everything goes great : 61, 65, 70, 79 and 97. 

Reminds of 2013 worlds when Iran won the team title then in 2014 Russia came out with a monster performance and won 5 golds by winning every weight from 65 to 97. Worst case scenario they should win 2 golds in Budapest. 

Edited by Shiraz123

I hate to say it but I see Russia as the favorites right now. Shiraz is spot on, after Iran took it in 2013 Russia bounced back with a dominating performance in '14. I see that happening again and no chance of them getting shut out in the gold medal department this year.

At 61, I fully expect Rashidov to win the spot and win gold. 61 has cleared out a bit with Aliyev and Khinchegashvilli moving up. He beat one of those guys last year and honestly I don't see anyone having much of a chance. I also expect Bekbulatov to finally get his chance this year too. Lets not forget last year at Euro's he teched eventual world champ from Georgia 10-0. The weight is tougher this year with the two guys I just mentioned moving up, but he is going to be right there with those guys as well.

70 & 79 I see Russia as pretty big favorites for gold too. Then of course there is Sadualev, who looked mortal on day 1 but dominated a guy he barely beat last year on day 2. He and Snyder as as close as it can get and obviously that match could go either way.

Of course we absolutely can win it again this year and I hope we do. Unfortunately I just think Russia has a better team than some realize, and a few of our guys aren't trending in the right direction IMO. Green has not looked great domestically, at the World Cup and just took a loss to Turkey's 3rd string guy. Steiber can beat Aliyev and lose to some unknown or Joe McKenna. Nashon is completely unproven and didn't do anything at Dogu to give us hope. Cox has a lot of close matches and has taken some tough losses (although I feel the best about him given that he is 2 for 2 at winning medals). Our two best guys, Burroughs and Snyder, both have to go through amazing wrestlers to win again in Chamizo and Sadualev, and even tho I would predict both of them to do it, a loss for either would not be totally shocking. Taylor and Dake look amazing, but Taylor has Yazdani (who I think he beats, but also wont be shocked if he doesn't) and Dake  got smashed by the Russian (hoping he closes that gap and gets gold tho!).

Like JH said, Azerbijian has a great lineup, and I think it's just as likely they beat us out for 2nd as it is for us to beat Russia. Clearly a 3 horse race in my eyes with minimal separation. If Azerbijian sends the right guy at every weight, do not sleep on them.

Russia are undoubtedly favorites... nothing has changed there.  If they actually used the 10 national champs they would be more touchable.  Presumably, Rashidov and Bekbulatov will take over 61kg and 65kg and make them that much harder to beat. Sending Baitsaev up to 125kg sounds like nice idea, but his results there in the past have been so-so. In any case, Khizriev, Kushkov, and Baitsaev are all basically tossups vs. Gwiz IMO.