Sign in to follow this  
wfan24

Interview with Sadulaev: I will be at 97kg

Bo, I don't think he is an idiot either.  But he has admitted that he was not as prepared for the match as he should have been.  Using a little bit of deductive reasoning, I surmised he was not that concerned.  Not enough anyway.  I think he will be fully prepared this time.  And what I am saying is that Snyder better be ready for a fully loaded Sad to come out.  I expect he will be. 

mspart

i've never heard excuse making romanticized like this!

This is an interesting thread.  It sounds to me like people do not trust what Sad says about whatever.  He said he was not as prepared as he should have been.  Was that on purpose or just too busy or something else?  I don't know, it is what he said.  Perhaps this thread should be about the lies Sad tells us all.

mspart

This is an interesting thread.  It sounds to me like people do not trust what Sad says about whatever.  He said he was not as prepared as he should have been.  Was that on purpose or just too busy or something else?  I don't know, it is what he said.  Perhaps this thread should be about the lies Sad tells us all.

mspart

I said he wasn't as prepared as previous years.  I believe him fully.  He got married and was less singular in his focus. 

I said I don't believe for a second he took his opponent lightly.  He never said that.  You did.  Maybe the thread should be about people not believing stuff you made up about what Sad said. 

Sad, from all interviews I've heard, is a rather modest person. Everything he said about Snyder has been quite positive. One interview when they asked him point blank why he lost, he did not even say it was due to preparation, he said: I did not pick the right tactic and went head vs. head pushing with him and got tired. Another time he said that he believes in a second match, the result will be different. And that Snyder motivates him. That is it. It is not any worse than what Kyle says, e.g., "next time I believe I will beat Sadulaev even worse".

The thing with Sad, as I wrote before, is that there is a nuance of hardheadedness associated with him over in Russia. You can even detect it in his interviews: "...I will not use artificial means to gain weight...".  This was remarked before by Kuramed Kuramagomedov (world champ and coach now) that he refuses any kind of supplement. Its clear some are unhappy with this move going up, again decided by him and his coach. Now he basically screwed Baytsev out of 97kg, causing a mess and likely weakening Russia's chances to win more medals (not to speak creating more tension in the Ossetia vs. Dagestan rivalry).

So Sad ain't exactly a team player in that sense and that creates tension where he gets those provocative questions sometimes: "why your techniques does not work at 97kg?"..."may be Sad is technically limited after all?..."...."...he let the team down.."..."what was the reason for the loss and are you going to finally fix it?".."..are you running away from Snyder...?"..."you only won by 4 points and you got scored on...why is that?..do we have a reason to worry now?...".

Kurugliev, after his Russian 86kg win, also said, he beat Sad in training in 1 match 1 live go years ago, and suddenly this is now being discussed and Sad gets asked: what happened?

I am surprised his answers are usually calm but you can see he is sometimes super annoyed, his voices rises slightly and he starts speaking faster, so has to contain himself...I don't know how this dude has fun at all, if he wins, its usually not by enough points as its not a tech fall, if he loses, its a disaster and he let the team down.

Edited by wfan24

Sad mentioned that everyone wanted a piece of him after the olympics. He was a celebrity at that point and was doing all kinds of media and PR. Couple that with his wedding and it's easy to understand why his preparation wasn't at it's peak. It's not a hard concept to understand. Another example would be dan gable.

Sad mentioned that everyone wanted a piece of him after the olympics. He was a celebrity at that point and was doing all kinds of media and PR. Couple that with his wedding and it's easy to understand why his preparation wasn't at it's peak. It's not a hard concept to understand. Another example would be dan gable.

He was wrestling just fine. Had beaten Salas and teched Odikadze earlier in the day. Snyder just beat him that day.

He was wrestling just fine. Had beaten Salas and teched Odikadze earlier in the day. Snyder just beat him that day.

Absolutely correct. Some on here trip all over themselves trying to rationalize Snyder winning that match.