Sign in to follow this  
wfan24

Interview with Sadulaev: I will be at 97kg

Snyder is a massive 97 kg'er.    Sadulaev is tiny out there.  We saw them go last year and the size difference was very noticeable.    The American won a razor thin bout with a take down in the waning seconds.    This figures to be a much better prepared Russian Tank.    I have him beating Snyder this time out, but with the Team Title being something USA is finally a contender in, I'm pulling for all USA wrestlers no matter their opponent.   This is not limited to Snyder over Sadulaev, I also hope to see 

Gilman over the Japanese

Stieber over Novochkov or Gomez

This should be one of the more exciting Worlds in a long time.    

Edited by Cletus_Tucker

Ok. I had those 4 in my final four. We will see. I just think Ketov's experience when Snyder/Saduleav are at their best bodes better for Ketov pulling an upset over Alborov.

Middle-aged wolfman Ketoev will not be able to hang with Alborov. I don't think it will be close if they meet in Budapest. 

at this year's Euros Ketoev lost to AZE's Gadzhiev 3-0. Gadzhiev will probably not make AZE's starting team. 

Also in the India Pro League Alborov beat Ketoev head to head 3-1. I think it's cool that Ketoev is still competing but he won that bronze in Paris because Odikadze flaked yet again. 

Edited by Jaroslav Hasek

Says the sheep who thinks the eye test is sufficient for ultra fast twitch athletes with huge cores. 

I'll accept evidence(none so far), but the idea that Russia is bumping its best guy up a weight for no reason a year after having their worst world championships I can recall....is for dopes. 

hammerlock, I've read many Russian interviews over the years, Sadulaev and others, and I can't find any trace that Sadulaev is lying or that there is some kind of weird conspiracy going on. It seems Sad simply does not like cutting weight. As long as he wins this will be fine, but if he loses again at 97kg, he will be crucified for letting the team down. 

My only concern with Sad is, how much fun he is having. As soon as someone keeps a match close with him, like 4:0, he is deemed to be 'slipping' and gets asked questions about that all the time.

Edited by wfan24

Middle-aged wolfman Ketoev will not be able to hang with Alborov. I don't think it will be close if they meet in Budapest. 

at this year's Euros Ketoev lost to AZE's Gadzhiev 3-0. Gadzhiev will probably not make AZE's starting team. 

Also in the India Pro League Alborov beat Ketoev head to head 3-1. I think it's cool that Ketoev is still competing but he won that bronze in Paris because Odikadze flaked yet again. 

Don't disagree with anything. The old wolfman is a very smart wrestler. Just picking a potential darkhorse upset of Snyder or Sad. Alborov is #3 at the weight.

The photos were photoshopped by the same guys who hacked the presidency. It’s all the same conspiracy. Guys never move up for any other reason than being unable to make their weight class. Never ever happens in any weight class sport.

are you saying that chamizo couldn't make 70 anymore?

maybe he couldn't, but i wasn't aware of it.

My only concern with Sad is, how much fun he is having. As soon as someone keeps a match close with him, like 4:0, he is deemed to be 'slipping' and gets asked questions about that all the time.

sounds like many US wrestlers...

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/s-kyle-snyder-challenges-russias-abdulrashid-sadulaev-during-the-mens-picture-id839599968

I could not find a spot on the video of them standing next to each other until the end..but they dont really zoom in.. .that would be the perfect size comparison

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/s-kyle-snyder-celebrates-after-beating-russias-abdulrashid-sadulaev-picture-id839599436

Edited by GockeS

are you saying that chamizo couldn't make 70 anymore?

maybe he couldn't, but i wasn't aware of it.

I was being sarcastic to make the obvious point that hammerlock is a message board warrior with a huge mouth and even bigger ego but a tiny brain and even tinier understanding of the sport to suggest that Sadulaev, perhaps the lightest elite guy at 97 in the world, is lying about how much he weighs to make up an excuse for his loss to Snyder. What an absolute idiot. Sadulaev weighed in under the limit by about the same amount as Kyle Dake did when he bumped up to wrestle Cox.

Sad will still have to up against a bigger Snyder (assuming they meet in the finals).  That is always a tough go.  I think Sad took Snyder for granted.  I tink I saw Gadisov in the corner of one of the Russians at Yarigan.  And he looked impressed with Snyder.  So I think Sad will have Gadisov to help him understand Snyder is not to be underestimated.  He will be as ready as he can be.  I am hoping Snyder is preparing the same.  These two are the best in the business right now and they are in the same weight.  Fireworks are in our future with these two. 

mspart

Sad will still have to up against a bigger Snyder (assuming they meet in the finals).  That is always a tough go.  I think Sad took Snyder for granted.  I tink I saw Gadisov in the corner of one of the Russians at Yarigan.  And he looked impressed with Snyder.  So I think Sad will have Gadisov to help him understand Snyder is not to be underestimated.  He will be as ready as he can be.  I am hoping Snyder is preparing the same.  These two are the best in the business right now and they are in the same weight.  Fireworks are in our future with these two. 

mspart

How does that differ if they meet anywhere else along the way, say the first round for example?

mspart

If he took a multiple defending champ lightly in the world finals after moving up a weight then he's a world class idiot.  

I don't think he's an idiot.  

How does that differ if they meet anywhere else along the way, say the first round for example?

Cletus - Not a thing I would venture.  I assume it will be in the finals, but it may not.  They may not meet.  Maybe they better wrestle each other the first round so we are sure to get the match.

mspart

If he took a multiple defending champ lightly in the world finals after moving up a weight then he's a world class idiot.  

I don't think he's an idiot.  

Bo, I don't think he is an idiot either.  But he has admitted that he was not as prepared for the match as he should have been.  Using a little bit of deductive reasoning, I surmised he was not that concerned.  Not enough anyway.  I think he will be fully prepared this time.  And what I am saying is that Snyder better be ready for a fully loaded Sad to come out.  I expect he will be. 

mspart

Bo, I don't think he is an idiot either.  But he has admitted that he was not as prepared for the match as he should have been.  Using a little bit of deductive reasoning, I surmised he was not that concerned.  Not enough anyway.  I think he will be fully prepared this time.  And what I am saying is that Snyder better be ready for a fully loaded Sad to come out.  I expect he will be. 

mspart

I think "I didn't prepare" is a common excuse after a loss.  It's easier to accept than "the other guy was better than me."

And I think being less prepared the year after the Olympics and your wedding is not the same as taking an opponent lightly.  He knew Snyder was the best opponent he had ever faced, and the hype on the match was unmatched.  He may not have been at the top of his game, but it wasn't because he looked past his opponent.

Lets see what happens this time around, both should be prepared and ready to go 100%. 

Hopefully we start seeing more of these big matches besides these 2, in some other weight classes. 

I guess Geno / Akgul is another one, but somehow less excited. Burroughs vs. Chamizo is another one and Taylor vs. Yazdani.

any others of this caliber?

Lets see what happens this time around, both should be prepared and ready to go 100%.

Hopefully we start seeing more of these big matches besides these 2, in some other weight classes.

I guess Geno / Akgul is another one, but somehow less excited. Burroughs vs. Chamizo is another one and Taylor vs. Yazdani.

any others of this caliber?

65 may have one too