Sign in to follow this  
CaliWrestler

Green J'Den

Proven in 2 worlds the guy is not wrestling the same, Me thinks weight cut is taking its toll.

I like the Guy but lately his style is so boring.  I have DNP at Worlds

J'Den also proven has not been wrestling well.  I have same DNP at Worlds

If this is the case I have us at 3rd at Worlds.

The weight could potentially be an issue, especially early on, but I think there's a little bit of revisionist history going on with Green.  It's not like he was some sort of unbeatable force leading up to World's last year.  He took some losses in the run-up there as well.  What he is is a really solid wrestler that typically doesn't beat himself, that has a good chance to beat everyone but the best at his weight.  Right now I think he's he's somewhere in the 5 - 10 range.  If he peaks at World's he has a good shot at another medal but his weight is also tougher this year, despite Chamizo leaving. 

The weight could potentially be an issue, especially early on, but I think there's a little bit of revisionist history going on with Green.  It's not like he was some sort of unbeatable force leading up to World's last year.  He took some losses in the run-up there as well.  What he is is a really solid wrestler that typically doesn't beat himself, that has a good chance to beat everyone but the best at his weight.  Right now I think he's he's somewhere in the 5 - 10 range.  If he peaks at World's he has a good shot at another medal but his weight is also tougher this year, despite Chamizo leaving. 

Agree with you on 5-10 and yes hope he does medal at worlds

Green:  I think he "lucked out" quite a bit with his draws the past few years.  In addition, I think the rest of the world is acclimating to the 70kg weight class, and now has enough film on him.  I think Green is a medal threat for sure.  But, I could also see him going 0-1 VERY easily.

Cox:  I think that 92kg is going to be tougher for him.  I think the 97kg guys that are dropping make 92kg full of landmines for a run.  Cox is a medal threat, and unless he gets a HORRIBLE draw, do not seem him going winless.  But... I do see him struggling on his path much greater this year than in previous years.