Sign in to follow this  
MSU158

'10 Hawkeyes vs '18 Nittany Lions

It won' t matter how I or anyone else describes what Sanderson's style is, and fortunately no explanation is required. We Sanderson fans can see it, and that is all that matters.

i agree there is something in the air.

however, i ask, did you see while sanderson was at ISU? 

You don't realize those two statements are connected? And for charlie, I wasn't trolling even though I expected the eye roll comment. Iows not winning any championships and PSU winning 7 of the last 8 are connected to Sanderson moving East.

Frank Rizxo, Sanderson getting so many top recruits is connected to what he is teaching. None of this happens in a vacuum. Iowa fans like to make the same claim, but it is silliness to think Sanderson just lands recruits without his coaching being part of that.

so did the recruits just start coming in when he went east?

b/c he was 2nd fiddle while at ISU.

i agree there is something in the air.

however, i ask, did you see while sanderson was at ISU? 

so did the recruits just start coming in when he went east?

b/c he was 2nd fiddle while at ISU.

ISU was 2nd fiddle to Iowa. Hard to overcome that. PSU is a national school, not more regional like ISU. Hence, Sanderson leap frogs right past Iowa. You can believe this or not believe it, but it is a historical fact that once he brought his system to PSU they rack rolled Iowa. 

You don't realize that LITERALLY has NOTHING to do with this topic?

The topic is about the 10' team vs. the last PSU team.  Because you believe Sanderson has created a CURRENT gap between PSU and everyone else, let alone Iowa, has NO effect on the makeup of the '10 team BEFORE Sanderson started his run(but he was actually at PSU that season)......

PSU would win because PSU 2018 is a lot better than Iowa 2010. It would not be as close as you think. That is my POV. Hall would easily beat Borschel too. Borschel was never on Hall's current level. Is this more clear for you? 

You don't realize those two statements are connected? And for charlie, I wasn't trolling even though I expected the eye roll comment. Iows not winning any championships and PSU winning 7 of the last 8 are connected to Sanderson moving East.

You know, I'm not eye rolling because you're necessarily wrong.  It's because you are trolling.  You can be half right and still be trolling.  This: "The style taught by Sanderson has literally beaten "Iowa Style" like a drum."   Is Bayless-esque.  

Yes, Cael is the best coach in the country.  Yes, he owns Brands, and Ryan, and every other coach out there.  Yes, he gets the best recruits, and yes, they score a ton of points.  Happy now?

You want to talk about whether NCAA wrestling at the highest level has passed the traditional "Iowa style" by? That might be interesting.  But just jumping in with a "SANDERSON STOMPS YOU GUYS," does nothing but destroy what might otherwise be an interesting thread. 

You know, I'm not eye rolling because you're necessarily wrong.  It's because you are trolling.  You can be half right and still be trolling.  This: "The style taught by Sanderson has literally beaten "Iowa Style" like a drum."   Is Bayless-esque.  

Yes, Cael is the best coach in the country.  Yes, he owns Brands, and Ryan, and every other coach out there.  Yes, he gets the best recruits, and yes, they score a ton of points.  Happy now?

You want to talk about whether NCAA wrestling at the highest level has passed the traditional "Iowa style" by? That might be interesting.  But just jumping in with a "SANDERSON STOMPS YOU GUYS," does nothing but destroy what might otherwise be an interesting thread. 

Sorry you feel this way, charlie, but it is what it is. I know this is a very sore subject for some fans. They really want to believe it is all just that he is landing the best guys. Almost dismissive of the environment going on at PSU. But that PSU train keeps rolling down the tracks and I see no need to apologize to anyone regarding this fact. 

ISU was 2nd fiddle to Iowa. Hard to overcome that. PSU is a national school, not more regional like ISU. Hence, Sanderson leap frogs right past Iowa. You can believe this or not believe it, but it is a historical fact that once he brought his system to PSU they rack rolled Iowa. 

to me this is you admitting that he now has recruits... and its not his 'style'

PSU would win because PSU 2018 is a lot better than Iowa 2010. It would not be as close as you think. That is my POV. Hall would easily beat Borschel too. Borschel was never on Hall's current level. Is this more clear for you?

But they aren’t a lot better, lol. It would be much closer than you care to admit.

PSU would win comfortably. The style taught by Sanderson has literally beaten "Iowa Style" like a drum.

Hall would beat Borschel 9 times out of 10 imo.

It won' t matter how I or anyone else describes what Sanderson's style is, and fortunately no explanation is required. We Sanderson fans can see it, and that is all that matters.

hmmm

no mention of recruits... just 'style'

I tend to believe that if Ruth, Taylor, Wright, Nolf, Zain R., Molinaro, Brown, etc had enrolled at anyone of a dozen (maybe half dozen) other schools they would have emerged with similar styles and might have reached similar (or at least nearly perhaps) heights. That's not a put down of Cael in anyway, shape or form. He's a great coach; as a PSU fan I don't covet any other. ..... but dang he has been blessed with some people with exceptional character and talent to mold. Hard to believe that his extraordinary level of success over the past decade (-) can be sustained in the current environment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Geography

2. Great coaching

3. Great recruits

Tom Ryan has #1 but trails Cael in #2 and #3

Tom brands has #2 and #3 but not #1

Smith similar to Brands but is way better at #2, perhaps better than Cael

Koll would be winning NCAA titles at PSU, Pop at NC State if at PSU would be darn interesting as would the Smith at Mizzou.

I think there are a lot of coaches that would do better than Ryan at tOSU.

Seriously, is there a D1 coach that would turn down a HC gig at either tOSU or PSU?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It's funny that some people will use ISU to prove Cael couldn't win without recruits, but they ignore that PSU couldn't win or recruit without Cael.  It's very clearly a perfect marriage.  I don't think Cael could do as well as some coaches if you put him in their jobs.  But I also don't think any coach in the country could do as well at PSU as Cael has.  The man can coach and recruit, and he has a fantastic track record of already high level kids mostly over performing high level expectations.