Lurker

Zaddick out at Iowa State

Per this hawk report thread it’s stated metcalf is between 210 and 220, which willie @ Flo didn’t necessarilly confirm but he definitely didn’t deny it.

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/metcalf-and.187063/page-2

If he's paid through the club, we will never know as only salaries through ISU are public. Good for him though, found something he loves and is making bank.

I'm confused because I'm somewhat illiterate, but are you saying Metcalf was getting paid $200K a year as a volunteer assistant? This thread is hard to follow.

Yes. Sorry for confusion. Metcalf is making over $200k I believe e as a volunteer assistant, so he is unlikely to take another job unless it is a head coaching position at a power school. He is also an assistant to an excellent coach who he can learn a lot from, so he would’ve silly to leave unless he gets a crazy offer.

This is 100% pure speculation with nothing to back it other then to say it's a guess.... just seems after reading his response that maybe he took something to the Administration over maybe something Dresser was doing and they of course sided with Dresser. Totally my opinion only!

Choosing to be fired was actually brilliant, leads to a lawsuit and then settlement if, there truly was, no real reason for him to be fired.

Is Iowa a Right To Work state?  If so the employer may terminate someone for anything.

Is Iowa a Right To Work state? If so the employer may terminate someone for anything.

I'm no lawyer, but per my understanding this is not the case ...... the law in most states presumes that an employee has "at will" employment regardless of whether or not a state is right to work or not. In "at will" states, an employee must have a contract that changes "at will" employment or prove wrongful termination (e.g., discrimination of some sort). Both non-union and union employees may have contracts that could impact at will employment or sue for wrongful termination.

An employee can have contactual or policy protection in a "Right to work" or "closed shop" state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk