spladle08

Anyone Competing Again Before Worlds?

Just curious, these boards are stagnant.
Are we just idling until Junior and Senior Worlds, I know a few team members said "this is my last competition until Budapest" but......
Is everyone done?
Don't know if I can handle 2 months of, "who was better", "Will so and so drop a weight class", "Is this person the most dominant of all time", etc.....

I want actual results!

Thanks for any info,,

For Russia possibly Idrisov, Rashidov at 61 and Chakaev, Bekbulatov at 65 in September for Russia's World spot.

Just for fun, check out Chakaev in the background as Logan mounts another clutch come from behind win to bring back Chakaev to wrestle for bronze at 2016 Worlds.

For Russia possibly Idrisov, Rashidov at 61 and Chakaev, Bekbulatov at 65 in September for Russia's World spot.

Just for fun, check out Chakaev in the background as Logan mounts another clutch come from behind win to bring back Chakaev to wrestle for bronze at 2016 Worlds.

Hahaha what a ridiculous system for determining who gets to compete for Bronze, but excellent catch.

the 61 and 65 wrestle offs for Russia are going to be at Poland, Tedeev announced it. 

Thanks, Gold medal potential at both weights.

JO tweeted that he is competing in Poland, but not Medved.

Assuming at 70

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI

If he starts producing results the hype might get out of control.

I'm a huge fan, hoping he comes out sharper than ever!

I have to believe that some or all will go to a tourney prior to the World's. Looking at the UWW schedule, there are numerous tourneys that could possibly serve as a tune up or maybe also to get additional ranking points.They are the Dimitry Korkin, the Ziolkowski, which is a ranking series, the Henri Deglane, the Medved, which is also a ranking series, the Ion Cornianu, and lastly Akhmat.

I have to believe that some or all will go to a tourney prior to the World's. Looking at the UWW schedule, there are numerous tourneys that could possibly serve as a tune up or maybe also to get additional ranking points.They are the Dimitry Korkin, the Ziolkowski, which is a ranking series, the Henri Deglane, the Medved, which is also a ranking series, the Ion Cornianu, and lastly Akhmat.

I know there are opportunities, just know several specifically said they were done. Was hoping a couple of guys were committed to an event or 2.

I never understand the options given for the athletes to compete, with travel and what not being an expensive undertaking. I'd think If a couple are going to wrestle they're all going to one planned tourney, I just wish it was public knowledge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

...and Thielke, Bey and Coon go 0-1. :(

Haze severely underperforming has me fairly uneasy, I like him and hope he gets it together and finds a way to medal.

The Thielke loss was ok, close match to a solid opponent, no change on my view of him.

I also was expecting Coon to start winning instantly, so getting handled like that was pretty disappointing.

Bey just cant do his craziness as much at the senior level (right now), hopefully in the future he either figures out a way to make it sustainable or slows down a bit.

We just aren't good in Greco, and I dont know why we cant improve at all... it's insane no matter the year we never have 1 serious Gold Medal threat.... of all our competitors not a 1.... its wild .

Haze severely underperforming has me fairly uneasy, I like him and hope he gets it together and finds a way to medal.

The Thielke loss was ok, close match to a solid opponent, no change on my view of him.

I also was expecting Coon to start winning instantly, so getting handled like that was pretty disappointing.

Bey just cant do his craziness as much at the senior level (right now), hopefully in the future he either figures out a way to make it sustainable or slows down a bit.

We just aren't good in Greco, and I dont know why we cant improve at all... it's insane no matter the year we never have 1 serious Gold Medal threat.... of all our competitors not a 1.... its wild .

Coon got completely handled by a guy who isn’t a world medal threat. I didn’t expect him to medal this year, but that was a terrible performance. He looked outmatched.

We really suck at Greco. I hope we get 1 medal this year. I think Bey or Thielke are our best shots.

Coon got completely handled by a guy who isn’t a world medal threat. I didn’t expect him to medal this year, but that was a terrible performance. He looked outmatched.

We really suck at Greco. I hope we get 1 medal this year. I think Bey or Thielke are our best shots.

I'm going to stick with Coon as our best threat.

I dont have a leg to stand on after that performance but I can see him having a better opportunity of advancing far on the championship side than any of our other guys, and hes generally a steady competitor.

Thielke could be in that Bronze match but the weight is tough and Bey just needs some time/seasoning.... but for now... if I was risking $$$$ on one team member to medal. It'd be Coon.

I'm going to stick with Coon as our best threat.

I dont have a leg to stand on after that performance but I can see him having a better opportunity of advancing far on the championship side than any of our other guys, and hes generally a steady competitor.

Thielke could be in that Bronze match but the weight is tough and Bey just needs some time/seasoning.... but for now... if I was risking $$$$ on one team member to medal. It'd be Coon.

Fair enough

Thanks think this pretty clearly demonstrates that we will probably have no medals.

Fair enough

Thanks think this pretty clearly demonstrates that we will probably have no medals.

Agree, I just don't know how we as a country can year in and year out, for... how long has it been since you felt confident we had a top 3 competitor in the world, in Greco?

When were you confident they had a chance to medal, and even a chance at the finals. I know we have snagged a few medals here and there, but the only name I can think of who had consistent medal potential was Dremiel Byers, 10 years ago or so (forgive my laziness and lack of memory skillz to remember when he finally quit)

I understand people have called for a change in direction of the program but, I just can't fathom, we haven't had 1 "freak athlete" out of all the wrestlers we produce, who can "break the mold" and start consistently producing results....  I genuinely don't understand.

*Whoever chimes in and says "The best wrestlers wrestle freestyle"... you don't understand what I am saying

Agree, I just don't know how we as a country can year in and year out, for... how long has it been since you felt confident we had a top 3 competitor in the world, in Greco?

When were you confident they had a chance to medal, and even a chance at the finals. I know we have snagged a few medals here and there, but the only name I can think of who had consistent medal potential was Dremiel Byers, 10 years ago or so (forgive my laziness and lack of memory skillz to remember when he finally quit)

I understand people have called for a change in direction of the program but, I just can't fathom, we haven't had 1 "freak athlete" out of all the wrestlers we produce, who can "break the mold" and start consistently producing results....  I genuinely don't understand.

*Whoever chimes in and says "The best wrestlers wrestle freestyle"... you don't understand what I am saying

How long ago was Bisek competing? He was probably our last consistent medal threat.

Edited by steen-hooph

How long ago was Bisek competing? He was probably our last consistent medal threat.

I knew he had won a Bronze, and we got excited, but I thought he was a 1 time medalist so didn't even mention him, but just looked it up and saw he actually got 2 Bronze.  2014/2015....  "tip of the cap"

but man.... the bar is set low.

Eh well...  at least we had some Greco competition as well as some Junior Pan Ams.... feeding my wrestling cravings

Nico is going to Medved. My guess is that others are going too.

Nico Megaludis‏ @babyflo_nico Sep 1

More

Competition time is nearing! Leaving for Belarus in 9 days..Compete in exactly 2 weeks! #boom #TimetoBattle

Hoping the whole list comes out soon. Thanks for the heads up