Sign in to follow this  
Alyosha

Akgul and Snyder training video

Couple of monsters.  Snyder has never cared in the slightest about putting out videos that make him look mortal.  I suspect it's not always quite as one sided as this edit would make it appear, but no doubt Taha has a massive physical advantage.  

Obviously he feels he's getting something out of training with Snyder (and vice versa), otherwise he wouldn't have made the trip a second time.  

I don't get the feeling that Snyder looks bad in any of those videos no matter what's been done with the editing.     He's going up against a guy who's just better than him.   Like a big brother usually beats up the little brother, even though the little brother occasionally ends up with the better career.    I think we all recognize Snyder shouldn't be winning any of those goes.   We saw college guys take him down this year.    Of course Taha is going to take it to him.   That said, pretty cool stuff.  

I don't get the feeling that Snyder looks bad in any of those videos no matter what's been done with the editing. He's going up against a guy who's just better than him. Like a big brother usually beats up the little brother, even though the little brother occasionally ends up with the better career. I think we all recognize Snyder shouldn't be winning any of those goes. We saw college guys take him down this year. Of course Taha is going to take it to him. That said, pretty cool stuff.

Taha's reshot off of Snyder's single is incredible. His length and reach make him look like he's unbeatable, except for Geno.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Couple of monsters.  Snyder has never cared in the slightest about putting out videos that make him look mortal.  I suspect it's not always quite as one sided as this edit would make it appear, but no doubt Taha has a massive physical advantage.  

Obviously he feels he's getting something out of training with Snyder (and vice versa), otherwise he wouldn't have made the trip a second time.  

Reckon Taha is training to compete against speed, and Snyder is training against length/strength?

Well I hope that Kyle got what he wanted from training with Akgul for a second time. And if I were the Gwizz, I think I would fly up to Columbus in the next day or so, and spend a week or so training with the SnyderMan. Steel sharpens Steel. Go Team USA.

First, Cletus is the best. A dry sense of humor is the best kind. Yeah how dare Snyder continually beat world champs when he has no business even being in the finals when he didn’t even win his second Jr World title.

I’m my opInion Snyder looked great despite getting taken down a few times. He didn’t really fight them all that hard so there was a clear emphasis on no injuries. The two guys move like middle weights. It’s awesome.

As for Gwiz, well he’s in the same weight class. Would that be wise?

First, Cletus is the best. A dry sense of humor is the best kind. Yeah how dare Snyder continually beat world champs when he has no business even being in the finals when he didn’t even win his second Jr World title.

I’m my opInion Snyder looked great despite getting taken down a few times. He didn’t really fight them all that hard so there was a clear emphasis on no injuries. The two guys move like middle weights. It’s awesome.

As for Gwiz, well he’s in the same weight class. Would that be wise?

My  memory went to hell once I reached my 70's, so please consider this when I post.   Iirc, Snyder switched over to freestyle exclusively, dropping folk as a HS senior,  and promptly failed to win  better than bronze that 2nd year.   Lets not sugar coat it, he got handled by the eventual champ.       But then he got it together and resumed folk.   He hasn't stopped winning senior titles since then.   

My memory went to hell once I reached my 70's, so please consider this when I post. Iirc, Snyder switched over to freestyle exclusively, dropping folk as a HS senior, and promptly failed to win better than bronze that 2nd year. Lets not sugar coat it, he got handled by the eventual champ. But then he got it together and resumed folk. He hasn't stopped winning senior titles since then.

Let me fix that for you:

Snyder skipped his senior season of high school so he could begin his concentration on freestyle. He lost to one other stud in that year. He then went to Ohio State, where he openly admitted he was focusing on freestyle all along, came out of a redshirt to help his team, passed on a guaranteed Olympic redshirt so he could get through his folkstyle obligations as soon as possible, wrestled an international schedule throughout college in addition to the folkstyle matches that either really mattered or fit his international schedule, in doing so wrestling much more of freestyle tactics than folkstyle, and started racking up world golds.

Yeah, that seems like a much more accurate description.

Edited by Lurker

Let me fix that for you:

Snyder skipped his senior season of high school so he could begin his concentration on freestyle. He lost to one other stud in that year. He then went to Ohio State, where he openly admitted he was focusing on freestyle all along, came out of a redshirt to help his team, passed on a guaranteed Olympic redshirt so he could get through his folkstyle obligations as soon as possible, wrestled an international schedule throughout college in addition to the folkstyle matches that either really mattered or fit his international schedule, in doing so wrestling much more of freestyle tactics than folkstyle, and started racking up world golds.

Yeah, that seems like a much more accurate description.

Thanks!  

So he didn't go to the OTC as a HS senior and focus exclusively on freestyle where he would drop to bronze after winning gold while focused on folk the year prior?    how the heck did I mess that up?

And he didn't then win senior gold the next year after  he returned to folk at Ohio state?   

Like I said, in my old age i can't seem to remember anything correctly.  I've already forgotten what you wrote just above and now I have NO IDEA how that senior year/frosh year even worked out.     Did he at least win NCAA gold as a frosh?   Someone said he lost 5 times and was pinned in the final  just months prior to winning freestyle world senior gold but I call hog wash.  No way folk is that much tougher than free.   

Thanks for the help in advance!      

Honest question, what type of person creates a cartoonish character for the sole purpose of trolling wrestling websites?

Just curious how large the hole must be in that person’s life.

Thanks!

So he didn't go to the OTC as a HS senior and focus exclusively on freestyle where he would drop to bronze after winning gold while focused on folk the year prior? how the heck did I mess that up?

And he didn't then win senior gold the next year after he returned to folk at Ohio state?

Like I said, in my old age i can't seem to remember anything correctly. I've already forgotten what you wrote just above and now I have NO IDEA how that senior year/frosh year even worked out. Did he at least win NCAA gold as a frosh? Someone said he lost 5 times and was pinned in the final just months prior to winning freestyle world senior gold but I call hog wash. No way folk is that much tougher than free.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Close. You almost got it. The part you’re missing is....he didn’t focus on folk. He focused and trained freestyle, the vast vast majority of the time, (by his own admission) but wrestled some folkstyle sanctioned matches along the way, in which he just used his freestyle work to win them.

Glad I could straighten you out. I’m always here to help a friend.

That’s straight from the horses mouth. So if you want to argue with him on what he was focusing on in his training, hey, be my guest...

It’s not like he was scoring 15-20 points in his folkstyle matches with spiral rides and cradles.

Have a good weekend my friend.

Edited by Lurker

That’s straight from the horses mouth. So if you want to argue with him on what he was focusing on in his training, hey, be my guest...

It’s not like he was scoring 15-20 points in his folkstyle matches with spiral rides and cradles.

Have a good weekend my friend.

Argue about it?    I'm soaking in all the information you've provided for me.   Sure some of it is laughable, but all in all I appreciate you bringing an old dog up to speed.    

Now where did I leave that nudie stash?   It's almost time for my nap and that stash is key part of conking out.   

Argue about it? I'm soaking in all the information you've provided for me. Sure some of it is laughable, but all in all I appreciate you bringing an old dog up to speed.

Now where did I leave that nudie stash? It's almost time for my nap and that stash is key part of conking out.

Your sphincter, maybe?

My memory went to hell once I reached my 70's, so please consider this when I post. Iirc, Snyder switched over to freestyle exclusively, dropping folk as a HS senior, and promptly failed to win better than bronze that 2nd year. Lets not sugar coat it, he got handled by the eventual champ. But then he got it together and resumed folk. He hasn't stopped winning senior titles since then.

IN case there’s any doubt, my comment was sarcasm on sarcasm. Snyder’s the champ. But so is Sadulaev and last year’s match was razor thin. It’s as close to the old saw “what happens when the irresistible force meets the immovable object” as we will ever see.

Honest question, what type of person creates a cartoonish character for the sole purpose of trolling wrestling websites?

Just curious how large the hole must be in that person’s life.

Say what? I think the love and respect and admiration for Snyder in this thread is as big and real as it gets. He’s once in a generation maybe I’m US history so far as I’m concerned. I will even add that because he has lost from time to time and roared back makes him all the more amazing in my view.

Say what? I think the love and respect and admiration for Snyder in this thread is as big and real as it gets. He’s once in a generation maybe I’m US history so far as I’m concerned. I will even add that because he has lost from time to time and roared back makes him all the more amazing in my view.

Agree with all of the above.

mspart