Sign in to follow this  
GuillermoBilletas

Man Rutgers is terrible

They had 3 semifinalists. No finalists though. THis was the golden class too! Very disapointing for fans. I know they have done pretty well in duals, and have done very well in the classroom as a program, but sooner or later, March is what counts. How many times must the pattern repeat itself?

Any chance this motivates the guys who qualify for the NCAA? They could go in with a chip on their shoulder and something to prove? I hope so.

Either it's a mystery or it's obvious: Goodale is a terrible coach.

Winston, of course, is the greatest disappointment. Not only has he never placed, he has gotten worse every year and his ranking this year has sunk like a stone. I know he has injuries, but does that explain what happened to the #2 overall recruit?

You're a petty man, Otis.

I think those who follow the program realize it's obvious a change is needed. This isn't one or two guys under performing (as has been suggested). This is a program wide problem, kids peaking way too early, not coming close to reaching their potential.

I'm not going to single any kids out, but there were a few results yesterday where the talent gap was huge between the wrestlers a year or two ago, and now the RU kids are losing those matchups.

If none of these kids AA, a clear change needs to be made.

3 years ago people were defending the program because of the ripping people were putting on freshman performances.

Now, 3 years and multiple top 8 seeds at Nationals and 0 AA's later, no change in results.

DI wrestling, and wrestling in general cannot continue to accept this.

It isn't personal it is practical decision making from a standpoint of

9.9 scholarships of investment in student athletes.

Rutgers isn't the only one either.

Goodale did a nice job getting the program out of the basement.Now its time to bring in a exp B10 wrestler and coach.I think if any one has a shot it should be Pritzlaff with his exp at Wisconsin and Michigan he can recruit anywhere and knows how to win.

Goodell needs to go ... end of story.

He can develop guys into competitive high school wrestlers. He has yet to prove he can develop competitive high school wrestlers into competitive division one college wrestlers. Whole different ball game.

People can say it's not his fault, but he's running the ship over there. If I'm coaching a good high school wrestler that's being recruited for D-1 right now, I'm telling him to stay away from Rutgers at all costs.

The peculiar thing is that every guy is decent. There are no holes. Few teams have that. But nobody is great. Its almost as though they want a great dual team rather than a couple of studs that make All American.

With Rutgers going to the B10 and Perry still an assistant coach, does the Rutgers AD make a call to Hef to see if he'll put Mark on waivers for the future of the scarlet Knight program? New Jersey cred, national reach, proven commodity... some of those left coast and middle-America kids might fill out a Rutgers singlet and roster quite nicely.

I said Rutgers needed a new head coach like Michigan st and Indiana and you guys went bananas, now you all agree?

Perry would help any bad team. He can recruit from California to New Jersey.

It is funny to see molinaro's Rutgers style be so awful after he runs his mouth. Not to mention I remember that Iowa style humiliating him like it was yesterday.

Only two guys wrestled up to seed - Winston, and Visicaro. Visicaro did better than was seeded.

The rest of the team fell short of their seeds, even the guys with AA aspirations ranked in the top 20.

The team finish was not horrible, but considering this was the year the whole program built towards for the past five years, finishing 5th in the EIWAs and only having 5 automatic qualifiers with no finalists has to be a considered a disapointment, even by the most die hard apologists.

I imagine Defalve and Langel will get invites. Smith had a tough tourney but should be included which as stated earlier, would give the program 8 guys for the NCAAs. Still, instead of charging into the tourney, they seem to be limping.

In addition to Perry, another guy who was a wrestling legend in the state, and is a prove coach is Damian Hahn. If I were Rutgers, I would certainly get rid of Goodale and hire Hahn.

On the other hand NJ is maybe the best state for high school hoops in the whole nation, but Rutgers always stinks at hoops.

Why would anyone with a choice go to Rutgers, wrestler or otherwise?

Here is what D1 Wrestling said about the 2008 Recruiting Class, which It ranked #2 in the nation:

"Rutgers

_

Top Recruits: (125) Joe Langel-Howell, NJ, (133) Zac Coulas-Ocean, NJ, (149) Trevor Melde-Wayne, NJ, (157) Nick Menditto-Ocean, NJ, (157) Greg Zannetti-Edison, NJ, (165) Scott Winston-Jackson, NJ, (174/184) Dan Rinaldi-Lodi, NJ, (197) Jesse Boyden-Kenilworth, NJ

_

Transfer: (141) David Greenwald-Rutherford, NJ (Iowa Central CC), More???

u

Rutgers recruits accounted for NINE New Jersey State Titles and four runner-up finishes throughout their careers (remember NJ only has one state tournament). If that’s not impressive enough there are two Sr. National Champs, Winston and Langel. Winston is the only NJ wrestler to finish his high school career undefeated. It has taken less than a year for Coach Scott Goodale to turn Rutgers into a force to be reckoned with in the recruiting scene."

And that does not even count the transfer Mario Mason.

And NOW- Zero EIWA titles, Zero AAs. Train wreck indeed!

In addition to Perry, another guy who was a wrestling legend in the state, and is a prove coach is Damian Hahn. If I were Rutgers, I would certainly get rid of Goodale and hire Hahn.

On the other hand NJ is maybe the best state for high school hoops in the whole nation, but Rutgers always stinks at hoops.

Why would anyone with a choice go to Rutgers, wrestler or otherwise?

Rutgers hoops was pretty good in '76.

http://scarletknights.com/basketball-me ... ttable.asp