restlefan

2019 NCAA Wrestling Championship Tickets Thread (Requests, etc.: Merged Topics)

Started going to NCAAs after I retired and have been to the last six, but found out Friday that I didn't make the cut for tickets this year.  Looking for one, two or three all session tickets.  Please text me at 570-490-3862 if you can help out.  Thanks!

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 8:51 AM, mlbruem said:

Need 1 or 2 tickets for all sessions - would consider some single session options if you can not make them all -

PM me or email mlbruem@aol.com cell - 573-821-6350

Still looking for 1 all session anywhere in arena or individual sessions that you may have for sale.

15 minutes ago, Bugaha1011 said:

Need tickets first haha! Impossible this year!

1 hour ago, Bugaha1011 said:

Univ of Nebraska could make a few extra boosters if you could get us tickets

3 hours ago, USMC0341 said:

I’m with you on that one haha!!

I might be able to help with that. Remember they always open more seats on the floor for the finals and semis. Just have to check with the venue when you get there

45 minutes ago, Bugaha1011 said:

I might be able to help with that. Remember they always open more seats on the floor for the finals and semis. Just have to check with the venue when you get there

I’m just curious who has all the tickets this year not even many on the after market but just for outrageous prices... I have a room already will probly go the scalping rout if I have to.

Need two all session tickets. Due to health reasons they must be lower level. Am willing to pay a premium.

Please contact by text to :   402-916-0609 or email to          j_jeggspuehler@hotmail.com

On 8/23/2018 at 4:11 PM, restlefan said:

Any idea what the scalper prices were for all sessions in Cleveland?

I went to Cleveland for NCAAs and purchased each session ticket individually from StubHub and Primesport (was actually cheaper than all session tickets for lower level) and spent roughly 1,500$.  I also went to the Madison Square Garden NCAAs and spent around 1,200$ on that for all sessions.  

I am DESPERATELY trying to find tickets that are in the lower level for 2019 tournament but this is by far the worst year for me trying to find tickets.  I feel like every year I'm spending 500$ more than before...2,000$ seems crazy  to spend this year but I am legitimately considering it b/c I love this sport and this event so much.  If anyone has lower level tickets I am buying!

That is what I am wondering.  Does anyone know exactly what they are saying the capacity is for the arena?  St. Louis and such are 19k roughly.  If this is 16-17k then we are talking about 2-3k less tickets which would account for most but not all of the allotments not being fulfilled. So there has to be more being shipped somewhere.

11 hours ago, ezewrestling4c said:

That is what I am wondering.  Does anyone know exactly what they are saying the capacity is for the arena?  St. Louis and such are 19k roughly.  If this is 16-17k then we are talking about 2-3k less tickets which would account for most but not all of the allotments not being fulfilled. So there has to be more being shipped somewhere.

The biggest difference this year seems to be in the number of tickets requested by teams, which is typically 10,000 but swelled to 25,000 this year. No doubt that the top teams requested more tickets but all of the teams had to have requested more this year for team demand to increase 150% over "normal". If demand among teams was that much greater this year, you have to think that demand among general fans was similar. It makes sense - more NCAA Qualifiers are from PA and OH than any other areas in the country. I doubt that there is any high school wrestling room in either of those two states that is more than a 6-hour drive from PPG Paints Arena. Many of those PA- and OH-native sons qualifiers graduate from college and stay in-state to live and coach. Thus, the greatest concentration of former college DI wrestlers in area of the country is most likely within a 300-mile radius of Pittsburgh. It should be no surprise that demand for tickets this year is at an unprecedented level.

Different arenas have different seating capacities depending on the event set-up. Since a hockey rink is a standard size, it seems like seating capacity for this event is the most appropriate unit of comparison. Here are some US arenas and their seating capacity for hockey (source: Wikipedia “List of ice hockey arenas by capacity”)

• United Center, Chicago: 19,717

• Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia: 19,537 (2011 host)

• Little Caesars Arena, Detroit: 19,515 (2022 host)

• Enterprise Center, St. Louis: 19,150 (host in 2017, 2015, 2012, 2009)

• KeyBank Center, Buffalo: 19,070

• Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland: 18,924 (2018 host)

• PNC Arena, Raleigh: 18,680

• American Airlines Center, Dallas: 18,532

• Capital One Arena, Washington, DC: 18,506

• PPG PAINTS ARENA, PITTSBURGH: 18,387 (2019 host)

• Staples Center, Los Angeles: 18,230

• Nationwide Arena, Columbus: 18,144

• Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul: 18,064

• Chesapeake Energy Arena, Oklahoma City: 18,036 (2014 host)

• Pepsi Center, Denver: 18,007

• Madison Square Garden, New York City: 18,006

• TD Garden, Boston: 17,565

• T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas: 17,500

• Gila River Arena, Glendale AZ: 17,125

• Bridgestone Arena, Nashville: 17,113

• BOK Center, Tulsa: 17,096

• Prudential Center, Newark:16,514

• Barclays Center, Brooklyn: 15,813

• Wells Fargo Arena, Des Moines: 15,581 (2013 host)

PPG Paints Arena is a bit smaller than some of the other recent- and upcoming- hosts, but not egregiously smaller. Demand for tickets is just that much greater this year.

Another reason requests went up is fans have realized call 4 or 5 universities and put your name on the list.In the years past fans just put name on lists at the school theyre a fan of.So schools thought they needed so many tickets when in reality they didn't

justafan: Good point about fan requests to multiple schools.

Re: NCAA letter referencing 16,000...I don't know why the set-up at PPG will be so much different than the set-up in other arenas. The number of participants isn't changing so I have no idea why there will be such a reduction in seats from other (relatively) similar-sized/designed arenas. I referenced hockey seating capacities since that is a pretty standard set-up and there is data on that. I assume that the arena football capacity that you referenced is a different set-up so I'd be curious to see the various seating capacities for arena football at those other arenas. I can't speak for other sports towns on that list but I can tell you that Penguins hockey uses every one of those seats and SRO. I'd be surprised if Arena football in Pittsburgh needs even half of the seating capacity for that set-up.

2 hours ago, justafan said:

Another reason requests went up is fans have realized call 4 or 5 universities and put your name on the list.In the years past fans just put name on lists at the school theyre a fan of.So schools thought they needed so many tickets when in reality they didn't

True, and I'm certainly not blaming the fans for trying to get tickets any way they can.  But I was shocked when reading boards how many people go through multiple schools to score tickets.