restlefan

2019 NCAA Wrestling Championship Tickets Thread (Requests, etc.: Merged Topics)

I never thought about the proximity to former wrestlers and the number that would be within easy travel distance to the arena.  I have gone 14 of the last 17 and don't foresee me being able to get there this year.  Have fun to all that got tickets!!

I finally got a great deal this morning for tickets and it came from stub hub I checked this morning and found tickets for a great price In section 112. So hopefully more tickets will be dropping in price as time goes on. Keep looking everyone.

Auburn Hills, Michigan was the largest arena since the tournament, by well over 1000. However it was possibly the lowest attendance during that period (2007 was it not?).

The arena is now closed, replaced by the new one downtown

As an attendee for what I think is my 20th year in Pittsburgh, Auburn Hills was one of the worst tourneys.  EVERYONE had to drive, nothing was close to the venue, the parking situation was crummy, etc.  My second least favorite tournament as a host/venue after Albany...

25 minutes ago, Gantry said:

As an attendee for what I think is my 20th year in Pittsburgh, Auburn Hills was one of the worst tourneys.  EVERYONE had to drive, nothing was close to the venue, the parking situation was crummy, etc.  My second least favorite tournament as a host/venue after Albany...

Pittsburgh is also my 20th.

Auburn Hills was my least favorite. Agree with all your comments on that place.

Des Moines my second least favorite.

11 hours ago, Gantry said:

Agreed, I went to Auburn Hills with my father, it was my first NCAA tournament and I was hooked!  It was fun being a Buckeyes fan that tournament but there were no amenities or anything to do around the arena so you were always in a car driving.  I live in NYC so MSG was my favorite year but Cleveland/Quicken Loans arena did a fantastic job last year, I had a blast and there was plenty to do around the arena.  Still looking for some tickets to Pittsburgh this year but might have to pull the trigger on some soon...

Also looking for tickets to keep the streak alive.  Interested in 1-4 all sessions, will take whatever I can get, doesn't need to be in pairs or together or anything.  Thanks! Bird2431 @ aol . com or message through here.  Cheers!

MSG NYC was the best!  Talk about amenities!!  Hotels were probably reasonable (I live there) given that it was NYC and look at what they are getting in Pittsburgh now>

On 2/11/2019 at 1:31 PM, Gantry said:

Got an airbnb in Queens for a decent price, but when I looked at hotel prices for NYC they were outrageous...

212 a night, 4 blocks away.

Well worth it.

NYC far exceeded any anticipated drawbacks. 

On 1/26/2019 at 9:59 AM, Show_Me said:

I need 2 tickets (upper or lower level), doesn't matter what school section they are in.

Please PM or email (kdcunningham1963@gmail.com)

Thanks.

On 1/29/2019 at 9:23 PM, Show_Me said:

Need 2 all-session tickets, lower or upper level, any team section. 

Trying to attend my 20th consecutive.

PM or email me at kdcunningham1963@gmail.com

Thanks.

On 2/3/2019 at 5:23 PM, Show_Me said:

Interested in any individual Session tickets that anyone might have available.

Acquired tickets.  Big sigh of relief !

Thanks to those of you that contacted me.

See everyone in Pittsburgh !

Looking for 3 or 4 All session tickets in the lower bowl. Will entertain all offers, motivated buyer here

PM

Edited by JoeNP
scammers emailing me

I have a few extra rooms available.  The property is the Hotel Indigo Technology Center just two miles from PPG Arena, five minute Uber.  Each room has two queen beds and offers two free daily breakfasts for two or free parking per room.  Email me at coachhatcher@gmail.com if you're interested.  Thank you.

Spoke with my friend who is a local broker in Pittsburgh and he warned me about buying tickets much over face value.  He said the market is saturated and the bubble will probably bust one - two weeks prior.   

He also warned because of the HUGE national televised trial of the cop who killed Antwon Rose starts on 21st 4 blocks from the arena.  He said TONS of scalpers will be in place and to be really really careful.

39 minutes ago, Frank Castle said:

Spoke with my friend who is a local broker in Pittsburgh and he warned me about buying tickets much over face value.  He said the market is saturated and the bubble will probably bust one - two weeks prior.   

He also warned because of the HUGE national televised trial of the cop who killed Antwon Rose starts on 21st 4 blocks from the arena.  He said TONS of scalpers will be in place and to be really really careful.

If your friend's broker business will have wrestling tix and you could post the name of his business or contact info, I'd appreciate it (tho understand if you're not comfortable). 

Also, I don't understand your last sentence about being careful with tons of scalpers - be careful we don't get fakes? Arrested? Mugged?

46 minutes ago, Frank Castle said:

This is my theory as well. I've got tix for sess. 1, 3, and 4. I can't stomach paying $400+ for sess. 6 but I doubt any other wrestling fans will either. Hoping the price outside the stadium drops significantly right before the event or I'll be watching from the hotel room.